The Everything and Nothing Thread

Okay, Shelly, I'm an idiot! It says BWI right in your signature! I hope you have a great time there! We'll be at the Poly, something we could only dream about in our younger days.

Joan

The Poly is my dream. Diz will you promise me you will eat at Kona's?? If you have the tonga toast will you take a pic????

PS You don't have to promise.LOL

Did someone say Tonga Toast? :cloud9:

DisneyNovember2009782.jpg

DisneyNovember2009783.jpg

I was in a grumpy mood when I logged on but that Tonga Toast just brightened my mood. LOVE Tonga Toast!:lovestruc

Okay, I'll try to get everyone:

Jane: Wow, way to go on the personal trainer. If we've already got an Angelina and a Superwoman you can be our.... Jillian Michaels!:rotfl:

Jo: Sorry you're not feeling great today. Ugh being sick in the summer is the worst, hope it clears up quickly!

Shelly: I watched the Bachelorette! I was kind of glad Ali ended up picking Roberto because I like Chris too much for him to have been stuck with her.:laughing: I'm not a huge Ali fan, if you can't tell! Oh, and we stayed at the BWI in February, the location is AWESOME.:thumbsup2

Joan: I just watched The Young Victoria and loved it. If you like romance or historical movies you might like it! Plus the costumes are gorgeous and Albert is pretty easy on the eyes!

Pakey: Goodness, you always seem to have to much on your plate.:hug: Sending calming thoughts and hugs to you!

Dax: I'm right there with you. I had Monday off and already this week feels like it's dragging.:headache: I'm sorry your husband didn't get Sunday off... what a bummer.:sad1: I hope your migraines have been better!

I think I got everyone? You ladies are so busy!

Today was a looooooong day at work because it was so quiet. And I forgot my subway pass so I walked home in the heat. Probably a lot less than you Southern gals but it's about 30C here so still quite warm!

Now I'm off to go to my P90X for today, make some dinner and then just chill out for a while. I do NOT feel like working out but I'm trying to tell myself I'll feel better once I do. Ugh. It's just way too hot!

OMG!! :worship: Momof2, you made my day! That is my most favorite Disney food ever! Thank you thank you!!!:love::grouphug::hug:

I can't believe she picked Roberto. I didn't think it was a big deal to go to bed because I'd heard everywhere that she wasn't picking anyone. Dang it, I always miss the party (well, except for Chelsea's wedding but between us gals, it wasn't really that fun).

I admit, I have never had Tonga Toast. I don't like bananas. I'm down to 67 days. I'll be staying at the Beach Club. I don't have a ticker because there's one for Egypt and the WDW vacation was more last minute. I'm going to stay my first night at Pop though. I've never seen the place so I'm looking forward to my Pop experience; I've even planned to eat my first Disney meal at the food court there.

I also loved Young Victoria. I only have 2 movies on my iphone and that's one of them.

Diz you are really selling me on Oregon. My only concern is how much rain is a lot of rain? My husband is an avid golfer, at least 4 days a week. He's the reason we can't move to snow country (I'd so move to somewhere like Ohio if it were my choice).

Mom/2, you are going to love BWI. Although GF is my fave resort, I just love the Epcot location so we usually stay at one of the resorts there. I hope you have a great vacation.

Just another crazy day here in the office. Finally had minute to check in with you’ll.

Jane: Good for you for working out! A friend of mine does a workout program called “Dr. Drill” 3 times a week at 5:30 AM:eek:. It’s run military style – you start out with boot camp. I’m been hesitant to start ‘cause I’m so out of shape! She loves it – says everyone is so supportive. I keep thinking I’ll do something wrong and it will be “drop and give me 20” – I can hardly do one push up! And I have to pay money to do this!

Pakey: (aka Superwoman): Hope you are getting some rest after your move – the cookie dough should help.

Autumn: Glad you had a nice weekend - your cottage sounds a lot like my mom’s place. It’s right on Lake Ontario – beautiful sunsets. It’s about the only time I get to read. I too love sitting around a campfire, telling stories, and singing. How is the P80X workout working for you? I need to start something. Let me know if you like it.

Jo: Hope you feel better soon – I have allergies too and in the summer they are the worst. Branson sounded like fun:)

LA: Too funny about your Mom’s toe (now – not then I mean!). It’s something that I would do if I vaccumed a lot (I get my son to do this for me most of the time – he is sweet). I just get to clean out the rollers, I guess it’s fitting, it’s usually all my long hair in it!!

Momof2: I had the Tonga Toast last year – it was scrumptious! Love O’hanas too. Can I call you Shelley too? I much prefer using our non-DIS names.

Dizno: Glad you have a trip in the works to visit your DD. I bet you can't wait! Sounds like you got yourself a bright young woman there.

I know I missing other posts, (Hi Dax, Angie and anyone else I've missed) but did want to drop and touch base. It’s hard to me to do this during the day, and over the weekend I had company (and those darn headaches) which is why I haven’t been around much. Hope to catch up with you later.

Hi Pakey
Re: Pop - I've stayed there 3 times - it's my favorite of the values (well I've only stayed at ASMu) but I like the whole set up better that AllStars. I think the food is pretty good too. Hope you like it!
Janet

Janet: I have a love/hate relationship with it so far.:rotfl: The workouts are HARD- I'm still working up to being able to do them completely- but they are great workouts. Plus I really like the DVD style and you can play them with cues, no cues, music, no music... so I just have cues and play my own music. I like not having to hear the trainer ramble on the entire hour.:laughing:

But yeah, they are really intense. I have male friends who are really into fitness that have thrown up after them and if you really push yourself, I can see how that would be easy to do. They have an intro program called Power 90, I think, where you can work up to the P90X workouts because the P90X has a minimum fitness test you should be able to complete before starting the program. I don't remember what the exact requirements are but if you are interested I can get my book out and type them up for you!

My favorite is Pop of the values as well. I stayed at ASSports and it was nice, but I liked Pop more.

Afternoon ladies!

Thanks so much for the well wishes for me! I took a butt kicking decongestant-- now I only sound a LITTLE bit like Froggy from The Little Rascals.:goodvibes

Shelly- the Tonga Toast pics look good! thanks for showing them to my fat behind self!:lmao: Makes me miss that resort....... sigh.

jane-- you are too good with your working out self. Skip over the Tonga Toast pics. it really isn't that good anyway, I hear.:rotfl:

Autumn- hope you made it home in the heat. When I got in the car this afternoon it said 102. yuck!!!!!!! I went immediately to Arby's and got a Jamocha shake to cool myself. :)

Pakey- loved Young Victoria as well! It was really a beautiful movie. As far as retirement-- I'd have to push my hometown of Charleston SC.... golf is wonderful there- Kiawah Island------ I worked at the Ryder Cup when it was there and The Masters is a short drive away.:cool2:

LA-- your poor mom's toe. :eek:
Once ... ahem..... once I was making this chocolate cake which had to be beat with a hand mixer. Well, I had my son who was an infant and I was trying to appease the 4 yr old about going potty, while giving the newborn a bottle while mixing this dumb cake. (You know moms have never heard of the word "multi-tasking"- it's just a word a man had to come up with when he was proud of himself for doing two things at once....:rolleyes1)

Anyway, as I'm mixing the cake, talking to the 4 yr old little precious about going potty and giving the newborn his bottle-- the doorbell rings. When it did, it startled me, I dropped the mixer onto my foot and it began mixing all of my toes together-- the baby got chocolate cake all over him and the bottle went up his nose-- 4 yr old Little Precious wet herself b/c she waited too long to go and my toes got wrapped around the mixer and laced with chocolate. Door bell is still ringing.
Chocolate cake is everywere- all over me, the walls, in my hair, all over the newborn screaming, Little precious is crying, I'm crying...... I almost crawled to the door- batter all over my face. open it up- it's the Life Insurance guy-- he asks if I want to buy Life Insurance and before I had time to yell at him he backed away and said "I'll come back, I can see this is a bad time for you."

Ya think????

:laughing:

I'm off to make supper - where I hope to heck I don't have to use a hand mixer.

Have a great night everyone~~~~~~~ hello to all the Nothings I didn't mention this time around!

Afternoon ladies!

Thanks so much for the well wishes for me! I took a butt kicking decongestant-- now I only sound a LITTLE bit like Froggy from The Little Rascals.:goodvibes

Shelly- the Tonga Toast pics look good! thanks for showing them to my fat behind self!:lmao: Makes me miss that resort....... sigh.

jane-- you are too good with your working out self. Skip over the Tonga Toast pics. it really isn't that good anyway, I hear.:rotfl:

Autumn- hope you made it home in the heat. When I got in the car this afternoon it said 102. yuck!!!!!!! I went immediately to Arby's and got a Jamocha shake to cool myself. :)

Pakey- loved Young Victoria as well! It was really a beautiful movie. As far as retirement-- I'd have to push my hometown of Charleston SC.... golf is wonderful there- Kiawah Island------ I worked at the Ryder Cup when it was there and The Masters is a short drive away.:cool2:

LA-- your poor mom's toe. :eek:
Once ... ahem..... once I was making this chocolate cake which had to be beat with a hand mixer. Well, I had my son who was an infant and I was trying to appease the 4 yr old about going potty, while giving the newborn a bottle while mixing this dumb cake. (You know moms have never heard of the word "multi-tasking"- it's just a word a man had to come up with when he was proud of himself for doing two things at once....:rolleyes1)

Anyway, as I'm mixing the cake, talking to the 4 yr old little precious about going potty and giving the newborn his bottle-- the doorbell rings. When it did, it startled me, I dropped the mixer onto my foot and it began mixing all of my toes together-- the baby got chocolate cake all over him and the bottle went up his nose-- 4 yr old Little Precious wet herself b/c she waited too long to go and my toes got wrapped around the mixer and laced with chocolate. Door bell is still ringing.
Chocolate cake is everywere- all over me, the walls, in my hair, all over the newborn screaming, Little precious is crying, I'm crying...... I almost crawled to the door- batter all over my face. open it up- it's the Life Insurance guy-- he asks if I want to buy Life Insurance and before I had time to yell at him he backed away and said "I'll come back, I can see this is a bad time for you."

Ya think????

:laughing:

I'm off to make supper - where I hope to heck I don't have to use a hand mixer.

Have a great night everyone~~~~~~~ hello to all the Nothings I didn't mention this time around!

Jo your story almost made me pee my pants. OMG thats funny. I have 2 that are 4 years apart and understand, potty training and feeding a teeny baby, while trying to balance it all. I may be a wierdo, but I don't like people just dropping by and I ever have since kids. My kids know to be quiet because if you ain't called, I ain't answering. I am not from the south but many are ok with it here (locally). Aw the joys of motherhood. Hope you have a nice dinner and don't get tangled in any electrical appliances.:rotfl:

Oh, Jo, that story had me laughing so hard I had tears in :rotfl2:my eyes! I was picturing the whole scene in my mind. I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time, but it sure is now!

I was just about to get my electric knife out to slice a roast I have in the oven. I'm going to be verrrry careful!

Jo, that is absolutely hysterical. And a terrible waste of excellent batter, I might add. I don't cook, AT ALL, so I can't imagine juggling that with taking care of children.

South Carolina is on the short list too. It's a very tough decision because our kids all live left coast. We'e got a few years to decide but I want to make the right decision the first time because I've only got enough oomph left for one more move. Golf has to be the top priority though (unfortunately).

Thanks for the good thoughts on Pop. I've only stayed Deluxe, my husband still cannot believe I'm going to try a standard hotel, but I'm very excited about it. I love having new adventures.

Jo: I'm not sure if I'm just forgetting and you've said this already but are you up north with me? Noticed your temperature reference and I realized we might be neighbours! And that story... :rotfl: the image of you crawling to the door covered in cake... too much!:rotfl2:

Mmmm Jane, I could go for some of that roast!

Pakey I've stayed at the Pop, ASMusic and ASMovies and the Pop Century is by far my favourite.:thumbsup2 I wouldn't return to the All Stars but I would definitely return to the Pop.

Jo: Another great story LOL !! With all my clumsiness, I’ve never come close to slicing off my toe or getting it stuck in a vacuum. Guess my life has been dull.

Autumn: I think the P90x routine soundslike it might finish me off! I’ll check out the P90 … let you know if I need any help – thanks.:goodvibes

Pakey: I like what you said about having new adventures … Pop will be fun. I’m thinking about trying somewhere new myself, only have stayed value … but don’t know which resort to choose … decisions, decisions !

Good morning sweet nothings. I look forward to talking to ya everyday. You are like some good mojo. I have decided that I am gonna plan for a week next year at DW with the kids and my parents. We have stayed at value and mods, but I am dying to try a deluxe. We went to the Whispering Canyon for dinner in March and fell in love with the resort. I had always thought I wanted to stay at the Contempory because of the monorail, but I really liked the WL better. Now my ultimate dream is to stay at the Poly and watch fireworks from the beach, but the kids LOVED WL. Do you guys do the dinning plan? Free dinning? See we have Annual Passes this year but now I can't even afford to go for a weekend. So I am thinking of an October trip. Does the WL have rooms to sleep 5? Who has stayed there and are there money saving tricks you can pass on? Before my kids outgrow Disney, I want one more incredible time, and my parents have never been!

Hi Ev/Not's!!! I've been working 3 of the last 4 days, 12-13 hr days so haven't been online. But now I'll be off for a week, yeah!

Just finished catching up on all the posts. I feel like I need to go work out. Or bake a cake, I'm not sure which. Nah, I think I'll just sit here & chat. :surfweb:

Pakey, you really are Superwoman. I can't believe all you accomplish! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to Egypt.

Autumn, glad you had a nice holiday weekend. I however am not an outdoorsy girl. If there were no bugs or critters, maybe. I love open windows in my house & sitting on my patio. Used to have a vegetable garden years ago. Loved the fresh cukes, beans,tomatoes. But then I saw.........a MOUSE! (No, not Mickey!) Might have been a mole, according to my DH. Didn't matter. I was done. Haven't had a garden since. Maybe one day I'll try a few container plants.

Lara, I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few times. Very pretty. The court yard around the main pool is so beautiful. Don't think the lodge has rooms for 5. What about renting points at the Villas? That might be less expensive.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!:)

Hi Ev/Not's!!! I've been working 3 of the last 4 days, 12-13 hr days so haven't been online. But now I'll be off for a week, yeah!

Just finished catching up on all the posts. I feel like I need to go work out. Or bake a cake, I'm not sure which. Nah, I think I'll just sit here & chat. :surfweb:

Pakey, you really are Superwoman. I can't believe all you accomplish! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to Egypt.

Autumn, glad you had a nice holiday weekend. I however am not an outdoorsy girl. If there were no bugs or critters, maybe. I love open windows in my house & sitting on my patio. Used to have a vegetable garden years ago. Loved the fresh cukes, beans,tomatoes. But then I saw.........a MOUSE! (No, not Mickey!) Might have been a mole, according to my DH. Didn't matter. I was done. Haven't had a garden since. Maybe one day I'll try a few container plants.

Lara, I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few times. Very pretty. The court yard around the main pool is so beautiful. Don't think the lodge has rooms for 5. What about renting points at the Villas? That might be less expensive.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!:)

Focus, what does renting points mean? I am kinda new at all of this? Is it on Disney property? Does it provide transportation?

Lara, I have never done it, but it is when you book thru a Disney Vacation club member. They book the stay using their points. Benefits the owner: they don't lose points they have paid for. Benefits you: cheaper than booking a villa thru Disney.

Like I said, I have never done this but they talk about it a lot on the resorts board. Also you might check the DVC thread. I think they might have info there on doing it.

Edit: I mean you book a Disney Vacation Club villa thru a member. So for you, a Villa at Wilderness Lodge. So yes, all benefits of staying onsite.

Good Morning All!

Loved the cake batter story Jo! Hope your toes are ok!!;)

Autumn- I have not braved the P90X...I am currently doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Shelly- That Tonga Toast looked awesome! I've never had it before!

Pop Century is a favorite of mine also. We always stay there. I'm sad that we don't a Disney trip in planning stages right now! I'm ready to go back! At least I don't think we have a trip planned...my husband is planning our vacation for next year....he won't tell me where we are going!! He says he has nothing planned right now...but I'm not sure I believe him! He could be tricking me!! He is still looking at places though...Tahti is the newest place on our dream vacation list! Thanks Bacholerette! :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter