The Everything and Nothing Thread

Hello girls!:goodvibes

Well, it's Monday evening... back to work and back to reality tomorrow.:guilty::laughing:

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend, it was so nice to see old friends and reconnect. We fit in boating, campfires, reading, cookout dinners... ahh. I could have stayed there forever!

Gotta go back and see what all you ladies were up to this weekend. Hope you all had nice breaks and got to fit in some relaxation!:thumbsup2

Hi autumn! :wave: I'm glad you had a great weekend! The things y'all did are some of my favorites. Love, love, love sitting around a campfire. :goodvibes So where (in general) is your friend's cottage? You didn't miss a whole lot on the E&N thread. It was pretty quiet, since a few of us were at the big wedding on Saturday. ;) Those of us who were not on the guest list occupied our time by cleaning out rooms and finding some rather interesting things to eat!

Wedding? I missed a wedding?:yay:

The cottage was a few hours north of Toronto, on Sparrow Lake. Super pretty, looks just like classic cottage country in the movies.:lovestruc I don't love Canada in the winter (I am NOT a cold weather girl) but I have to admit it is pretty beautiful in the summer.

How's your son feeling, Jane?

Good morning sweet nothings! Another day in paradise - Not! Another day of a heat advisory. Gonna be 103 and an index of 115-120. I can't remember it being this hot for this long, even here in FL. I can't even imagine DisneyWorld right now, whew!

Autumn- Welcome back we missed ya! Sounds like you had a great time. I love the smell of a campfire. I could ever do that down here. The bugs would carry me away. I heard a little fact on the radio this morning, that for every one person in Florida, there are 300,000 ants. So figure there are about 40 mil in the state..that's a lot of ants, and they are these God awful fire ants that hurt.

Diz - Just call me Angelina Homer. I have the body of a Tomb Raider but enjoy the tastiness of a good donut! Is your DD a Twilight fan? Two of my friends just did the whole Forks- Twilight tour for the opening of Eclipse. The pics they took were awesome. I think it is so beautiful up there.

Jane - You go girl with the working out. If I wouldn't be rushed to the hospital for heat exhaustion I would walk of an evening. I am so ready for the fall/winter. I love walking when it's cold. Working out is such a stress reliever I have got to get back to it.

Pakey - I hate cleaning vacuums. The smell when a belt breaks will make me hurl. It's just nasty what they suck up. Speaking of, when I was a kid my mom vacuumed her toe up. Back then we were scared she'd broke it and it turned black and blue. Now its a story my sister and I tease my mom about all the time. Seriously, how do you vacuum your toe up? LOL

Focus - got everyone so cranked up about cake batter. I would have thrown the cakes away too, ot sure I could eat the cake batter. I don't eat cookie dough because of the raw eggs. I think my mom used to tell me it'd make me sick, so I developed an adversion to it.

Momof2 - Your party Friday night sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to do that sometime. You sound like a really fun mom. How many days until your trip? I hope you do a trip report because I love reading them and now that we are cyber friends I can enjoy a trip to disney thru you!

Janet- How are you doing? I hope you haven't had any headaches. The heat alone can cause a migraine for me but mostly stress. I usually have a cup of coffee with my pill (after I take it) the caffine helps for some reason.

Jo- I know you're out there hiding behind TeBow! LOL

Good morning E&N friends! :wave:

How is everyone this fine Tuesday morning? It's going to be a hot and humid day here. :sad2: I guess our little reprieve from the heat is over.

Lara - 95 days until my trip!! :goodvibes Yep - I will most definitely be doing a TR! And probably a dining review as well! :cool1: I will be sure to post the links here. Good luck surviving the heat today!

Jane - How is your DS doing?

Okay, so who watched the Bachelorette last night? popcorn::

hey there chicks!

Sounds like everyone had a fab time at the wedding this weekend. :) I took the opportunity to thwart the papparazzi that was headed out to catch a glimpse of the bride and you ladies------- we went to Branson! LOL JANE~

We saw some very interesting sights up there................ part of Branson is lovely-- loved where we stayed --
but there on the "Strip".....:eek: I saw some sights that have been burned into my brain that clorox won't even get out.

Anyway-- I know where to head to next time, and where to stay away from.
:goodvibes

Autumn-- the cottage sounds precious. I want to go to a place like that with the kiddos.:lovestruc

Pakey-- how's your cough and how are you feeling??? Hope all is well and moving wasn't too stressful on you.

Shelly---- you are a good mom! :cutie: I, too, am waiting patiently for the trip you've... we've..... planned out for you.:laughing: :banana:

Lara----- okay, yes, I'd hide behind tebow any day. :rolleyes1 He is massive in person. His hands are ginormous....................( yes I looked at them.:laughing::laughing::laughing:)

I'm fighting a cold or allergies or something this morning. I need to find some Vit C or something.:sick:

hope everyone has a great day! Don't sell your pics of the wedding to People magazine or anything. :surfweb: But if you do-- remember your Sweet Nothings when you get the big check!

Good morning sweet nothings! Another day in paradise - Not! Another day of a heat advisory. Gonna be 103 and an index of 115-120. I can't remember it being this hot for this long, even here in FL. I can't even imagine DisneyWorld right now, whew!

Autumn- Welcome back we missed ya! Sounds like you had a great time. I love the smell of a campfire. I could ever do that down here. The bugs would carry me away. I heard a little fact on the radio this morning, that for every one person in Florida, there are 300,000 ants. So figure there are about 40 mil in the state..that's a lot of ants, and they are these God awful fire ants that hurt.

Diz - Just call me Angelina Homer. I have the body of a Tomb Raider but enjoy the tastiness of a good donut! Is your DD a Twilight fan? Two of my friends just did the whole Forks- Twilight tour for the opening of Eclipse. The pics they took were awesome. I think it is so beautiful up there.

Jane - You go girl with the working out. If I wouldn't be rushed to the hospital for heat exhaustion I would walk of an evening. I am so ready for the fall/winter. I love walking when it's cold. Working out is such a stress reliever I have got to get back to it.

Pakey - I hate cleaning vacuums. The smell when a belt breaks will make me hurl. It's just nasty what they suck up. Speaking of, when I was a kid my mom vacuumed her toe up. Back then we were scared she'd broke it and it turned black and blue. Now its a story my sister and I tease my mom about all the time. Seriously, how do you vacuum your toe up? LOL

Focus - got everyone so cranked up about cake batter. I would have thrown the cakes away too, ot sure I could eat the cake batter. I don't eat cookie dough because of the raw eggs. I think my mom used to tell me it'd make me sick, so I developed an adversion to it.

Momof2 - Your party Friday night sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to do that sometime. You sound like a really fun mom. How many days until your trip? I hope you do a trip report because I love reading them and now that we are cyber friends I can enjoy a trip to disney thru you!

Janet- How are you doing? I hope you haven't had any headaches. The heat alone can cause a migraine for me but mostly stress. I usually have a cup of coffee with my pill (after I take it) the caffine helps for some reason.

Jo- I know you're out there hiding behind TeBow! LOL

Isn't the heat terrible? I think our heat index was like 105 yesterday. :headache: We've been saying the same thing about it not feeling this hot in years past. I know I'm getting older (hot flashes, ya know? LOL) but even the young people are hot! So my garage and yours, too, I hope, will have to wait! We should make a ticker for counting down the days to October!

Don't you just wonder who comes up with those statistics like the ants! :laughing: Ants aren't as much of a nuisance as the mosquitos for me!

My working out is a fairly new thing. ;) I'm mainly doing it for my bone health, but it does make me feel better overall. A friend of mine and I "share" a personal trainer. Believe me, it took some doing for me to sign up for that. We are definitely not wealthy, a typical middle class family. I think of so many things I could have with that money, but my DH actually encourages me to keep it up. (I could take that a couple of ways ;)) I thought he would say something like, "You don't need a trainer. I've been working out for years without one!" But he has not said that once. :love: Having the trainer waiting makes me go and I probably wouldn't if it was just up to me to go! I've walked for a good number of years, but we go to the mall with the A/C! I used to walk every weekday, but now I just go Tues., Wed. and Thurs., the days I don't work out.

Your mom vacuuming her toe up! :rotfl2: That's one of those stories that will be handed down through the generations. You know, one day your grandchild will be telling her granchild, "Your great, great, great, great grandmother (I'm guessing on the greats here) once vacuumed her toe up and nearly broke it!" Of course by then they will be asking, "What's a vacuum cleaner?"

My mom used to tell me the same thing about raw eggs, so I don't eat the batter with eggs added in. Well, I will take a spoonful, but I don't mix it up to eat alone with eggs in it. Like the cake batter, I just leave the eggs out if I'm doing that. I remember when I was a little girl, I also liked raw biscuits, but my mom told me it would make my insides stick together. :rotfl2: It's too bad I don't like raw fruits and vegetables the way I like raw dough! :laughing: and don't give me any meat that is the slightest bit pink! :sick:

You're right, Momof2 is a super-fun mom. :goodvibes You should read her previous TR's. She's got great stories and pix!

I hope everyone stays cool and gets rid of any headaches. :hug:

And yes, where is Jo lately???

hey there chicks!

Sounds like everyone had a fab time at the wedding this weekend. :) I took the opportunity to thwart the papparazzi that was headed out to catch a glimpse of the bride and you ladies------- we went to Branson! LOL JANE~

We saw some very interesting sights up there................ part of Branson is lovely-- loved where we stayed --
but there on the "Strip".....:eek: I saw some sights that have been burned into my brain that clorox won't even get out.

Anyway-- I know where to head to next time, and where to stay away from.
:goodvibes

Autumn-- the cottage sounds precious. I want to go to a place like that with the kiddos.:lovestruc

Pakey-- how's your cough and how are you feeling??? Hope all is well and moving wasn't too stressful on you.

Shelly---- you are a good mom! :cutie: I, too, am waiting patiently for the trip you've... we've..... planned out for you.:laughing: :banana:

Lara----- okay, yes, I'd hide behind tebow any day. :rolleyes1 He is massive in person. His hands are ginormous....................( yes I looked at them.:laughing::laughing::laughing:)

I'm fighting a cold or allergies or something this morning. I need to find some Vit C or something.:sick:

hope everyone has a great day! Don't sell your pics of the wedding to People magazine or anything. :surfweb: But if you do-- remember your Sweet Nothings when you get the big check!

She's baaaack! :woohoo:

Woo! Branson, yes you do see some sights there! :eek: Burned into your brain! :lmao: Boy, I thought you and your DH were going to dinner or a movie. When you go out, you really go out! :laughing:
So where did you stay, the Table Rock Lake area? How far of a drive is Branson for you? Uh, oh, here come the 20 questions. Shelly knows all about that! ;)

Hope you feel better, Jo! :goodvibes Good to see your cold hasn't affected your humor. :laughing:

We still haven't heard my son's test results. :headache: I'll be calling the dr. today.

Jane that is so cool having a personal trainer. Is it a hot dude that inspires you to work a little harder. I would need something like that so I would be encouraged to show what I could do. I wish I had more energy to get up and get started. :yay: At the end of the day, I end up on the computer on Facebook. That's my workout for the day! LOL

Jane that is so cool having a personal trainer. Is it a hot dude that inspires you to work a little harder. I would need something like that so I would be encouraged to show what I could do. I wish I had more energy to get up and get started. :yay: At the end of the day, I end up on the computer on Facebook. That's my workout for the day! LOL

No, LOL, it's not a hot dude. It's a hot chick! :laughing: Actually she's older than I am, but in terrific shape. It's almost like going to the beauty salon (which I don't like ;)). We talk the whole time we are working out, she knows our life story and we know hers. Just like a hair stylist. :laughing:

Morning all.

Autumn, your trip sounds fun. I love sitting around a fire. A campfire that is, not the wild fires we have here every summer.

JoBird, I haven't been to Branson in ages. It sounds like the strip there is now like the Vegas strip. It wasn't like that back when Fred Flintstone and I performed together there.

Jane, major kudos to you for working out. I try, I really do. It seems like by the time I start seeing the results, I have another medical issue that forces me to stop and then it's so hard to get remotivated because I'm all soft and squishy again.

Momof2, I couldn't stay awake for Bachelorette last night. The 12 hour days of manual labor for this move are killing me. What happened? I had read the spoilers but you never know for sure if they are correct.

Diz, Oregon is on my shortlist of retirement locations. Do you love it there? Your descriptions make it sound so wonderful.

Lara, watch that heat. We have days between 110-115 but no humidity. I can't imagine that.

Well another day in paradise has started here. I've already had to deal with a leaky faucet, gouged flooring, a missing chair, a broken computer and where to locate new paper towel dispensers.

No, LOL, it's not a hot dude. It's a hot chick! :laughing: Actually she's older than I am, but in terrific shape. It's almost like going to the beauty salon (which I don't like ;)). We talk the whole time we are working out, she knows our life story and we know hers. Just like a hair stylist. :laughing:

That is cool. When you have someone to talk to while you are working out it really helps. It makes it go by so much faster and easier. Does she motivate you?

I didn't read any of the spoilers, but it seemed to be out there all over the place that she may have ended up with no one. So I was quite surprised when she let Chris go and chose Roberto. Poor Chris. :guilty:

Afternoon everyone..

Just trying to make it through the week...end of the month is always a stressful time at work...

DH did not get his Sunday, so plans canceled...AGAIN..gonna try again on Friday...we also are planning a day trip to St Augustine soon...otherwise...SSDD!!

Have a great one all

Hi Lara!:)

Momof2- I did read the spoilers so I was surprised! I didn't read what RealitySteve posted right before the show, but supposedly he changed his predications to exactly what happened. I felt soo bad for Chris, but he handled it so great! :lovestruc Telling her to go find out if Roberto loved her was sweet. I was wondering if Roberto was going to propose...he seemed unsure! I hope they last though. I liked him from the start.
:lovestruc
Hope the week goes by quickly and stress free for you Dax!:hourglasspixiedust:

Hello All!
It's always so fun checking in here. Always a good laugh or three, and interesting travels to hear about.

Welcome back Autumn and Jo. Your weekend trips sound really fun!

Keep cool Angelina, Jane, Diva and Dax. Whew!

Way to go on working out, Jane!

Angelina, I feel like I shouldn't laugh at your mom vacuumning up her toe, but that is so funny! Once when I was a kid I vacuumned up my younger sister's waist long hair. She wasn't hurt but I got in big trouble. Whaddid I know - I was just a dumb kid.

Momof2, May I call you Shelly, too? Where are you staying on your WDW trip? I'm at 39 days!

Pakey, you truly are Superwoman. I can't believe all you get done in a day! Oregon has some really lovely areas to retire to. Portland and the Willamette Valley have perfect summers, and don't get very cold in the winter, but lots of rain then. Central (like the Bend area) and Southern Oregon (Medford, Ashland) are less rainy, but colder in winter and warmer in the summer. When we retire we'd like to spend Jan-Feb somewhere warmer and drier, but the rest of the year in Portland and at the beach.

Gordon's out of town today, so I'll probably watch something girly on Netflix tonight. What are some of you gals favorite movies?

Joan

Dax - I'm sorry your DH didn't get Sunday off. That stinks! My DH has been working some crazy hours and we sure can't wait for our vacation to get here!!

Diva - I like Roberto too, but I did like Chris better. So I was bummed!

Dizno - Yep, you sure can call me Shelly! :goodvibes YAY for 39 days!! I am at 95. :upsidedow We are staying at the BWI for the very first time. We usually stay at the moderates, so we are very excited to get to the BW!! :cool1: Where are you staying?

Okay, Shelly, I'm an idiot! It says BWI right in your signature! I hope you have a great time there! We'll be at the Poly, something we could only dream about in our younger days.

Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter