The ever changing travel party size

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
where to start, where to start...

ok...here it is in it's briefness.

We are a family of 4 . DH & myself, DS20 & DD18.

Over a year ago, we made plans for 8 of us to go to WDW on DD's high school graduation.

DD's bf, DS's gf, another "adopted" son & his fiancé would round out the party. the 4 additions each new they needed to save 1500 dollars by Dec 2014.

Well, adopted son & his fiancé have split.

DD's bf has "only" saved 750 (long story but he could have worked/saved more) :sad2:

DS's gf is iffy ...well, just because she is iffy. :offtopic:

So, LOGIC tells me that this trip will be just our BASE family of 4.

However, DS20 & DD18 don't necessarily get along with each other well right now.....

So at a minimum, it would be nice for each to bring a guest of their choice ---but that would mean my hubby & I would easily be out of another 2500 to 3000 for this trip. We can take the hit BUT it hurts!!! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Are we nuts to even consider the extra cost? ? what would you do?

Ultimately, it is your choice, but I would take this as an opportunity to spend time with just your family. Maybe this trip will help them get along better?

Also, I think in the end it will be less stressful for planning...you don't have to worry about planning for these extra people.

Good luck! :)

where to start, where to start... ok...here it is in it's briefness. We are a family of 4 . DH & myself, DS20 & DD18. Over a year ago, we made plans for 8 of us to go to WDW on DD's high school graduation. DD's bf, DS's gf, another "adopted" son & his fiancé would round out the party. the 4 additions each new they needed to save 1500 dollars by Dec 2014. Well, adopted son & his fiancé have split. DD's bf has "only" saved 750 (long story but he could have worked/saved more) :sad2: DS's gf is iffy ...well, just because she is iffy. :offtopic: So, LOGIC tells me that this trip will be just our BASE family of 4. However, DS20 & DD18 don't necessarily get along with each other well right now..... So at a minimum, it would be nice for each to bring a guest of their choice ---but that would mean my hubby & I would easily be out of another 2500 to 3000 for this trip. We can take the hit BUT it hurts!!! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Are we nuts to even consider the extra cost? ? what would you do?

I would look into taking the hit. When I was 19 and Brother was 15, we went on a cruise. It was fine, we got along but my parents both decided we would always have the ability to take guests from then on. We had fun but my brother and I have different interests.

We've gone on two family vacations since then with my husband and brother's wife (before and after marriage) and it's always nice to spend family time and separate time. In between those trips, we had a weekend trip that was just the core family and again, it was fine (actually the venue was a dream place for my dad and I!) but there were definitely some down ticks in the fun because we just have different personalities.

What would *I* do?
I'd go with just my kids. The others involved are, I am assuming, adults. They had advance notice to save, they did not.
It might be good for your son and daughter to get some time together anyways :)

What would *I* do?
I'd go with just my kids. The others involved are, I am assuming, adults. They had advance notice to save, they did not.
It might be good for your son and daughter to get some time together anyways :)

I agree with this, and if the kids get sick of being together all the time, there's no reason to not split up for part of the day. Maybe a mom/son and Dad/daughter afternoon, switch it up, you don't all need to stay together all day.

qv09vvp

Doesn't it suck when you try to plan something nice and it blows up on you! :(

Keeping good thoughts for you that it all works out!

Reader

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter