The Ever Changing Resort PTR, June 2016...Completed!

Your plans look great! The only thing I might worry about is getting in and out of CHH within 30 minutes at prime dinner time, but you've left yourself some wiggle room, so I think it should be fine even if it does end up being a little busy.
Thank you! Yes we have until 6:45 so hopefully we will be ok. And Will can't ride so I don't think Mom will either (I have us doing child swap on Thursday but I don't even know if she'll do it then bc she doesn't want to get wet, she says...I told her to wear a poncho) so they can actually head to CHH and either get us a table or place in line.

Oh and like I mentioned before, if we get way off schedule we'll adjust as necessary. I have most MK rides twice or more during the week, so if we miss something, we will try to get back around to it at some point. :)

Btw, did u start your PTR yet? I'd love to read it when you do!

Last edited:
Your Disney countdown is super cute!! I think your plans look pretty good. You already know the plan might get a little off track, but that's ok. (You might already know if you're using the Lines app, you can re-evaluate your TP as the day goes on.) Just so you know, I've eaten at Crystal Palace 3 times and I've always had to wait at least 15-20 minutes before getting seated. But that shouldn't throw off your ride scheduling because your break is immediately after. I don't know firsthand because we've never been able to make the castle projection show and fireworks (we always either leave before or ride rides during), but I think you may need to find a spot sooner than 9:30. Again, just a hunch, I don't know for sure.

Well, our plans for this day don't really mesh at all with yours. We're spending the whole morning doing Fantasyland because this is our first park day and that's how I like to start off the trip. Then we'll move on to Liberty Square and Frontierland before watching Festival of Fantasy at 3. Then we're out of there shortly after! This will be the only time we've ever stayed through an afternoon. Usually my crew needs the afternoon break at the hotel and then we come back to the park. But since this will be our first park day, I think we can make it til afternoon before we call it quits, because I really want to see that afternoon parade!

Your Disney countdown is super cute!! I think your plans look pretty good.
Thank you!

You already know the plan might get a little off track, but that's ok. (You might already know if you're using the Lines app, you can re-evaluate your TP as the day goes on.) Just so you know, I've eaten at Crystal Palace 3 times and I've always had to wait at least 15-20 minutes before getting seated. But that shouldn't throw off your ride scheduling because your break is immediately after.
Both of those things are good to note. Thank you. I didn't even think about re-evaluating as the day goes on. Will it adjust the wait times if I do?

We did CP last trip and we were late but got seated immediately, so I hope it's more like our experience than yours...just because our break is already short enough, as is. But we shall make do, regardless! I actually had us scheduled for 75 min but after doing some research on the Dis, most people said an hour is enough time. Eek. I hope so.

I don't know firsthand because we've never been able to make the castle projection show and fireworks (we always either leave before or ride rides during), but I think you may need to find a spot sooner than 9:30. Again, just a hunch, I don't know for sure.
It's hard to tell bc the screen shots are split but we actually have 39 min of "free time" before the castle show shows up on the touring plan. So that would be about 54 min before the start of the show. Really hoping that's enough, but I guess we will see. I'm wondering what I'll do to keep two under 5 occupied for that long.

Well, our plans for this day don't really mesh at all with yours. We're spending the whole morning doing Fantasyland because this is our first park day and that's how I like to start off the trip. Then we'll move on to Liberty Square and Frontierland before watching Festival of Fantasy at 3. Then we're out of there shortly after! This will be the only time we've ever stayed through an afternoon. Usually my crew needs the afternoon break at the hotel and then we come back to the park. But since this will be our first park day, I think we can make it til afternoon before we call it quits, because I really want to see that afternoon parade!
No meshing stinks! ;) Yeh, we are doing Fantasyland Arrival Day and then sprinkled in the rest of our MK plans. I've heard so many good things about FOF but it doesn't work out in our schedule. Unfortunately, though, I think we are going to have to try to avoid it our first two MK days (3rd day we will be on a break).

Thanks for reading and responding!

Ok, all...I've been working on Day 3 and 5 plans today and while I'm kind of meh about them, I think it's what I'm going with for now. I still need to finish Day 4 (AK day), well as much as I can. I'm really hoping to get the plans posted this week so I can get any advice prior to booking FP in exactly 1 week 1 hour and 37 min.....lol.

It's easier to post from my work computer so I'll definitely be posting at least one day tomorrow, if not more!

Last edited:

Day 3 Plans 6/6

First off I want to say that I had planned on doing an update before now but it is so much easier to do it on my work computer and I wasn’t at work on Thursday and Friday because I was in a major car accident. My car flipped over and I had to be pulled out of the window. Craziness. However, with all that, I am totally fine except for 3 bruises! I was very sore this past weekend but I feel pretty much completely fine now. Thank goodness for safety features in the car!

Second…I have been SHOPPING!!! I have ordered several Disney tanks (from Amazon, Disney Store online, and Hot Topic) so I will post photos of those once I receive them all.

Ok, so I finalized my Day 3 and 5 plans yesterday. I still need to make last minute adjustments to Day 4 (AK day) as obviously, we have no ROL or nighttime activities info available. As far as Day 3, I originally planned all day for Epcot but after hearing that Soarin’ probably won’t be open, I added DHS to the morning and just kept Epcot at night. We like the shows at DHS and we were having a hard time getting them all scheduled with a break for our DHS (Friday) day. So, I scheduled it with the intent of doing Beauty & the Beast and I added in Muppets. Well, then I started thinking that our FP would be more valuable at DHS, so I also added TSMM, Star Tours (for Dad and possibly AJ), and ToT (for Dad and I). Also, I have a Disney VISA credit card, and we wanted to take advantage of the Kylo Ren M&G, but we would be on break or at lunch during the M&G times on Friday….so I added that to Day 3 also. The plan got semi long real quick, so then I tinkered with it and figured Dad (and possibly AJ) could do Star Tours while Mom, Will, and I do Muppets. Or he could just skip ST because he’ll be doing it Friday on our full DHS day.

Our Monday (Day 2) should end late due to Wishes so we decided on a 10am Cape May breakfast before any park time. I may see if I can change it to about 9:45 because I have us into DHS at 11:30 and time is tight. *Just checked and nothing except 7:45, but I’ll keep checking.*

Here’s the current plans:
Day 3 FP.png Day 3 pt 1 DHS.png Day 3 DHS map.png Day 3 pt 2 Epcot.png Day 3 Epcot map.png
We may do more WS exploring, just based on time and interest. I wouldn't mind a few specialty drinks from around the world...but this is mostly an AJ and Will centered trip, so WS isn't getting much attention this time around.

Contingency plans:

If FEA happens to open before our trip (rumored 5/27), I will add it to our Epcot Rope Drop day (Wed, Day 5) and try to get a FP for it. But now I’ve started hearing rumblings that Soarin’ will be complete and while they don’t want to debut the new movie until after Shanghai opens, it *could* possibly open with the old movie until mid June. Ugh. Not that I don’t like choices, but again, it screws with my plans! However, if it does actually open for our trip, I’ll switch FP from DHS on this day (and scale down our plans) to Epcot and try to get FEA (b/c this is basically our World Showcase night with Illuminations) and try to get Soarin’ for our Epcot rope drop day (b/c that’s basically our Future World day).

Thanks for reading and please, let me know what you think…

Day 4 Plans 6/7

First off....my FP 60 day window opens Monday night at midnight (if I haven't already said that a few times...lol) so I am organizing/finalizing all our plans. Because of this, I am adjusting a few dining times - or trying to anyway. Also, I'm becoming a little concerned with breaks. Most days I only have a 4 hour break from leaving the park to re-entering the park. I am counting on an hour each way as far as transportation (we will have our own car most of the time and should be parked fairly close in the handicap spots), so that only leaves 2 hours for rest, bath, light lunch, etc. Not much pool time if the boys want to swim and not much nap time for Will. I probably won't adjust it now....but once there, after I see how it goes the first day or so, I may have to adjust our plans for longer breaks. One positive thing that I know now but didn't know originally is, we plan to be back June 2017 so, if we happen to miss stuff, it won't be a huge deal. I also have several rides planned more than one time, so if we had to adjust, we can always take out the multiple visits. An added concern with adjusting plans is meals, particularly TS meals, because of the cancellation policy. Those we will pretty much have to stick to. On to the plans....

So this is our AK day. Right now I have us planned there all day (with our break, of course). Park closing is 8pm so I have us scheduled up until then. Once ROL and nighttime activities schedules get released then I'll adjust as necessary.

Day 4 FP.png Day 4 pt 1.png Day 4 pt 2.png Day 4 map.png

I had originally scheduled Dinosaur but took it off once I decided that it might be too much for AJ. dad and I don't really mind missing it, Mom doesn't want to ride, and Will can't ride.
Also, I played with putting EE right before our break but that included some backtracking so I kept it where it was. If I end up getting a FP (or dining package) for ROL (in place of the meet and greet one) then I think leaving EE is fine because we would head over to ROL right after. But if we had to do standby for ROL, I might would move EE back to right before break OR try to do the second ROL show. Rumored times are 8:30 and 9:45 (and possibly a 3rd show but that would be too late for us anyway). Also, once the safari gets extended to nighttime hours, I would probably change the time of our FP to nighttime and do it twice (rope drop without a FP).

Thanks, in advance, for reading. Please let me know what you think!

I'm so sorry about your car accident, how scary! Glad you are alright!!

Your plans look great. I am very much like you and I love to make all these plans, because really, that's almost as fun as the actual trip!! I'm glad you are realistic as well, and know that things are going to be in flux, breaks might need to be longer, etc. And don't forget the weather--oh my goodness, the rain we've had our past few June trips has thrown a wrench in plans for sure. It can sometimes be nice because it will thin the crowds a bit, but it's just not as fun walking around with rain pelting down on you, even in a poncho. And our last two June trips, it's been way more than just passing showers, we had hours on end of nonstop rain on several days in addition to the pop up thunderstorms. (We went to DL last summer and I was so ecstatic knowing that there was no chance it would rain in SoCal!!) In addition to ponchos, this year DH and I both have nicer rain jackets, and we're thinking we might bite the bullet and buy the kids nice rain jackets as well. Hey, if we spend a bunch of money doing that, it probably won't rain much at all, right? :D

I agree that Epcot is troublesome if FEA and Soarin' both end up being open. I mean it's a good problem to have I guess. We have three half days scheduled there ourselves, but only two will include FP+. We're there only one morning (without FP+) and we plan to rope drop TT because that's a big favorite of ours. Then I plan for TT to be my Tier 1 for the other two evenings we're there, but it's really just a placeholder for if FEA and Soarin' become available. If both are open, that's wonderful, but I know my family will want to do TT at least one more time so I plan to get in line right before closing to ride again.

I've got TP all made up now for almost all my days, except for June 7th's evening at AK...bet you can guess why! Sounds like hopefully we might have some good news this weekend so that planning can get taken care of before we have to make FP+ selections next week.

I know you all will have an awesome trip, and great news that you know you'll be back next June as well!

I'm so sorry about your car accident, how scary! Glad you are alright!!

Thank you!

Your plans look great. I am very much like you and I love to make all these plans, because really, that's almost as fun as the actual trip!! I'm glad you are realistic as well, and know that things are going to be in flux, breaks might need to be longer, etc. And don't forget the weather--oh my goodness, the rain we've had our past few June trips has thrown a wrench in plans for sure. It can sometimes be nice because it will thin the crowds a bit, but it's just not as fun walking around with rain pelting down on you, even in a poncho. And our last two June trips, it's been way more than just passing showers, we had hours on end of nonstop rain on several days in addition to the pop up thunderstorms. (We went to DL last summer and I was so ecstatic knowing that there was no chance it would rain in SoCal!!) In addition to ponchos, this year DH and I both have nicer rain jackets, and we're thinking we might bite the bullet and buy the kids nice rain jackets as well. Hey, if we spend a bunch of money doing that, it probably won't rain much at all, right? :D
isn't that how it always works? Not prepared for something, it happens. Totally prepared, then nothing! Lol. I agree, I have totally enjoyed making the touring plans! It really helped pass the time between ADR booking and now. Of course, I had tweak them several times! ;) And yes, I really have to default to how much the boys and my parents can do, as I'm probably the one that can last the longest. But I'll have my trusty phone, iPad, and probably laptop (well, in the room) to make adjustments on the fly or in the evenings before bed.

I agree that Epcot is troublesome if FEA and Soarin' both end up being open. I mean it's a good problem to have I guess. We have three half days scheduled there ourselves, but only two will include FP+. We're there only one morning (without FP+) and we plan to rope drop TT because that's a big favorite of ours. Then I plan for TT to be my Tier 1 for the other two evenings we're there, but it's really just a placeholder for if FEA and Soarin' become available. If both are open, that's wonderful, but I know my family will want to do TT at least one more time so I plan to get in line right before closing to ride again.

Definitely a good problem to have, but I'll have to be stalking all the time (like I wouldn't be anyway, haha) to see if they do actually open and when FP booking opens. You guys seem to have a good plan to fit them all in!

I've got TP all made up now for almost all my days, except for June 7th's evening at AK...bet you can guess why! Sounds like hopefully we might have some good news this weekend so that planning can get taken care of before we have to make FP+ selections next week.

One can only hope, right?

I know you all will have an awesome trip, and great news that you know you'll be back next June as well!

I'm so excited for the return trip. Now I can wait another year until I have "no Disney trip planned" depression! :)

Your plans look awesome! I did start writing my PTR, but haven't posted anything yet. Every time I try to actually put plans together I get frustrated because so much is up in the air and I end up walking away in annoyance. I'm thinking at this point that I may just save it and do it as a trip report after the fact - no more uncertainty there!

It's comforting to see that you're also dealing with multiple "if/then" situations in your plans as far as FEA, Soarin' & RoL. Looks like you've got a better handle on it than I do, though!

Your plans look awesome! I did start writing my PTR, but haven't posted anything yet. Every time I try to actually put plans together I get frustrated because so much is up in the air and I end up walking away in annoyance. I'm thinking at this point that I may just save it and do it as a trip report after the fact - no more uncertainty there!

It's comforting to see that you're also dealing with multiple "if/then" situations in your plans as far as FEA, Soarin' & RoL. Looks like you've got a better handle on it than I do, though!
Thanks! I guess I sort of went through the annoyed stage already! I'm out the other side and just figured it'll be what it is. I've planned best I can without all the answers. There's probably two other things helping me: this is our first trip in 4 years and really the first real trip for my boys, so they are gonna have fun no matter what they do so I'll enjoy that. And, we are planning for next June so whatever we miss, we'll hit up then.

I do hope either the answers come for your sake or you start feeling better about it all!

Trip Clothes

Ok, so I wanted to do all my touring plan updates this weekend so I brought my work laptop home. But guess what? I can't get it to connect wirelessly to our network here. Ugh. So, my DH is looking at work to see if they have a long Ethernet cable he can let me borrow, or else I can use his laptop but currently he has it with him. Otherwise I'm stuck updating on my iPad and it's not that easy to use for updating a PTR.

Anyway, look for me to post a few updates with the last few plans in the next few days. Though I'm already thinking about switching some stuff around on our DHS day. :rolleyes1

Also, in talking with my parents last night, we had original decided to eat dinner on travel day around 5ish, then leave at 6. Well, we've modified that. They'll pack up and head over to our house around 3 or so. We'll finish packing up the car, then head out at 5ish. Drive about two hours, stop for dinner around 7, put the boys in their pjs, diaper change for Will, potty break for the rest of us, then get back on the road by 8, I hope, and maybe drive the rest of the way to Lake City, FL (about 2.5 or so hours) without anymore stops and with the boys asleep. I'm glad to be firming up plans!

Ok, so on to the trip clothes that I've bought myself, thus far. I got 1 tank from Amazon, 2 from the Disney Store online (actually 3 but 1 was a Star Wars one that I didn't like and had to return), and then I couldn't find anymore. Until someone on the DIS pointed out Hot Topic. Well, I bought 4 from there and am probably going to get 4 more! I'm waiting til the middle of the month though, because I received Hot Topic Cash with this order - $30 off a $60 order - so I'll use that to save myself some money. Oh and I bought 3 skorts from Academy and 2 pairs of shorts from Old Navy (had some rewards to use). Here's what I have so far:image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Can't wait to wear them in Disney, as well as around here this summer. Now I just need to plan what outfits on what days!

Alright, be back later with some touring plans! Thanks for reading!

I love the tank tops! Especially the Ariel and castle ones. And I'm super jealous. I am very tall (like 6,1"), so typical clothes for women are just way too short on me, so I don't have any cute Disney clothes to wear. Instead, I've got long tunic-like tanks so they'll actually fit me! I was thinking of ordering a couple of dresses I found on Etsy that I could pair with capris, but am struggling to justify the expense for a day or two of wear!

I love the tank tops! Especially the Ariel and castle ones. And I'm super jealous. I am very tall (like 6,1"), so typical clothes for women are just way too short on me, so I don't have any cute Disney clothes to wear. Instead, I've got long tunic-like tanks so they'll actually fit me! I was thinking of ordering a couple of dresses I found on Etsy that I could pair with capris, but am struggling to justify the expense for a day or two of wear!
Yeh, I'm just average size. 5'6". So no problems there. And these I can wear all through summer here in GA plus next year when we go again. So that's how I'm justifying it to myself...haha.

Yeh, I'm just average size. 5'6". So no problems there. And these I can wear all through summer here in GA plus next year when we go again. So that's how I'm justifying it to myself...haha.

I have used the same justification for way more things than I care to admit. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter