The End is... NOWHERE in sight! - Sept/Oct 2016 PTR *Update 9/14*

Oh I feel! I was very angry when that happened. Having a free checked bag was one of the best things about JetBlue. When comparing the regular non checked bag price, with the Blue Plus price, it usually isn't too bad, making the checked bag pretty worth it IMO.
It's definitely worth getting the Blue Plus ticket because it seems to only be $15 more, where as getting a base ticket and paying for your bag would be $25 for the bag. I think I'm just suprised the tickets prices went up so much. When we flew in September in 2014 we only paid about $420 for the two of us :(

I have never flown SW before, but for future reference and out of curiosity - what happens during SW's boarding process?:scratchin
First off, they have no assigned seating. They board in groups A, B C etc.. ... so your first group is your premier flyers, people with disabilites, and children under 4 (who can have only ONE parent board with them im pretty sure). After that is your Early Bird Check-In peeps, then general boarding. Generally speaking your EBCI is going to be group B, so you ahve a pretty good chance of having your group sit together.. but if you're boarding in general seating your taking a chance of your group not being able to get seats near eachother. I just dont care for the free for all seating. I like to know where I'm seating before I board lol

I hope they come out for you soon as well. The problem with the park hours is that they will come out but then when it gets closer to the date, Disney will sometimes change them, especially making the park open an hour earlier. I believe this usually happens during more busy times, and they know there are going to be high volumes of crowds, like Spring Break (that happened for my trip), but since you are going in the fall you should probably be ok.:thumbsup2
It actually happened in the fall last year! I think the only people they usually effect are ones who are trying to get PPO breakfasts, which were not generally PPO people :rotfl2: So hopefully if it does happen, it wont effect us too much!

Good luck at AAA! Hopefully everything will work out and they'll have a good deal on tickets for you. I agree with you about Southwest. I'm not a big fan of their boarding system. I only fly SW if it is substantially lower than everything else. I've only flown SW a couple of times actually, and I'm not sure I'd do it if I was going somewhere with the whole family.

And yeah... I hope they get hours set soon for you. I always end up getting bit by the late changes to park hours, but I guess if you aren't planning breakfasts it isn't that big of a deal. It will just be nice to know the EMH schedule and see which parks will be open later than others.

Last edited:
Good luck trying to get everything figured out with AAA!
I'm one of those ppo people that them changing park hours will effect! I plan on getting an adr for every MK morning and then cancelling a couple weeks out. May not be fair but I really don't want to miss out on breakfast at BOG! And we wouldn't do it if we were missing prime park hours for it.

So hopefully I haven't lost ALL my readers considering I haven't had anything even remotely interesting to write about :worried:

<cricket><cricket><cricket>

We're coming into the home stretch, and I PROMISE the report will pick up!

I always told my kids "A promise is a promise."

We have an appointment at AAA on Thursday which should be interesting...

I would think so.
but... isn't Alcoholics Anonymous of America, you know... anonymous?

:rolleyes1

My FiL has been with his company for 25 years, and for that they gave him a $3,000 AAA travel voucher as a gift.

Nice. We have to wait 30... or is it 35? years for that.

(Until Jet Blue stopped allowing one bag to fly free:()

:sad2: And airlines still tack on the "fuel surcharge" even though fuel has dropped in price.

SO Southwest flights come out on Thursday, hence, our Thursday appointment with AAA.

Ah. Gotcha.

REALLY hope they release September/October park hours at the end of this month. I'd love to have a little bit of time to tweak my plan based on ACTUAL hours before we need to book dining!

I would think they would. Hard to plan ADRs when you don't know park hours.

Good luck trying to get everything figured out with AAA!
I'm one of those ppo people that them changing park hours will effect! I plan on getting an adr for every MK morning and then cancelling a couple weeks out. May not be fair but I really don't want to miss out on breakfast at BOG! And we wouldn't do it if we were missing prime park hours for it.
Thanks! Hey, if Disney is gonna play musical EMH hours, we can play the game too and have multiple ADRs! lol
I would think so.
but... isn't Alcoholics Anonymous of America, you know... anonymous?
Not anymore!
Nice. We have to wait 30... or is it 35? years for that.
I'll be lucky if I make it to 10 years here! :rotfl2:
:sad2: And airlines still tack on the "fuel surcharge" even though fuel has dropped in price.
It's almost criminal!
I would think they would. Hard to plan ADRs when you don't know park hours
Yeah, but then again when they do release park hours they usually end up changing them after all your plans are made anyway! :scratchin

So, after reading yet another TR from @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (go check out her stuff if you're not familiar, great reads!) I think she has sold me on trying to add atleast one day at Sea World this trip!!

The base ticket on Undercover Tourist is $85, for the ticket that includes the all day dining it would be an additional $20. I did some research on their dining plan and it almost seems too good to be true... From my understanding you receive a wrist band, and that entitles you to one entree, one side OR dessert and one drink EVERY HOUR. If I'm understanding this correctly, that $20 is well worth it, if not for our drinks all day alone! Anyone have any insight on the meal plan? Is the quality of the food good? Are the restaurants pretty accessible from anywhere in the park? If anyone has any insight into anything Sea World related it would be helpful as I've never been there before!

But alas, I am not going on this vacation alone, so I need to sell it to the rest of the group. Wish me luck!!

Good luck at AAA! Hopefully everything will work out and they'll have a good deal on tickets for you. I agree with you about Southwest. I'm not a big fan of their boarding system. I only fly SW if it is substantially lower than everything else. I've only flown SW a couple of times actually, and I'm not sure I'd do it if I was going somewhere with the whole family.
I think this may be the case, with substantially lower ticekt prices. We shall see! Luckily, we only have one child in our group and he's two, so I think as long as everyone is able to find seats with their significant other atleast we should be OK.

And yeah... I hope they get hours set soon for you. I always end up getting bit by the late changes to park hours, but I guess if you aren't planning breakfasts it isn't that big of a deal. It will just be nice to know the EMH schedule and see which parks will be open later than others.
We mak a REALLY good effort at EMH, but most of the time it just doesnt seem to work out lol We're more in the late EMH crowd, so knowing those would defnitely be helpful! Especially with Universal closing fairly early while we are there.

So, after reading yet another TR from @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (go check out her stuff if you're not familiar, great reads!) I think she has sold me on trying to add atleast one day at Sea World this trip!!

The base ticket on Undercover Tourist is $85, for the ticket that includes the all day dining it would be an additional $20. I did some research on their dining plan and it almost seems too good to be true... From my understanding you receive a wrist band, and that entitles you to one entree, one side OR dessert and one drink EVERY HOUR. If I'm understanding this correctly, that $20 is well worth it, if not for our drinks all day alone! Anyone have any insight on the meal plan? Is the quality of the food good? Are the restaurants pretty accessible from anywhere in the park? If anyone has any insight into anything Sea World related it would be helpful as I've never been there before!

But alas, I am not going on this vacation alone, so I need to sell it to the rest of the group. Wish me luck!!

Aw, thanks for the trip report endorsement, my friend! :goodvibes

I am so excited that you are adding a day at SeaWorld to your plans! :banana: You know that park holds a special place in my heart, and honestly.....I think you'll love it. It's so relaxing and low-key......much different than a day at Disney or a day at Universal. Sometimes, you need some fun without the frenzy on a trip ::yes::.

We are BIG fans of the all day dining plan at SeaWorld, its an EXCELLENT value :thumbsup2 . An entree is going to cost you $10 or more on its own. Drinks are $2.50 or more. Snacks and desserts are about $4 each. You'll be well in the money if you eat two meals there. One August visit, we drank our plan value in water bottles alone. There are lots of great options as well, much more than just burgers and fries. Check out the menus at each place, choose well, and I think you will be pleasantly pleased. Its so nice knowing that you can eat what you want, when you want, all day long and never worry about the cost!

The restaurants are located all over the park, so you're never far from sustenance. If you have any specific questions about SW (or the dining plan), feel free to toss 'em out to me!

Now, I guess I have 8 pages to catch up on.....off to read what I've missed so far! :surfweb:

Last edited:
Okay, all caught up!! You have been sooooo patient through such a long countdown ::yes::. You deserve an awesomely long, amazing, fun-packed trip! :goodvibes

I love, love, LOVE the planning spreadsheet....I am sure you are not surprised to learn that I'm a colour-coded-spreadsheet-kinda-gal myself :thumbsup2. I have to have a plan.....even if its a variable and flexible one....or else I can't sleep at night. I am sure there are support groups for people like me :rolleyes: but I am totally okay with that.

I have to agree with you, Southwest's open seating sucks. We just haven't been able to bring ourselves to book them (despite the great fares and two free checked bags) knowing that we won't have an idea where we will sit until we're literally on the plane. That, and I would miss the TV's on JB. We paid the same $317 pp return from BUF for our October trip that you were looking at for your September adventures....AND we added on the even more space upgrade for both of us, both directions :crazy2:. Then there's that pesky exchange rate....so add another 40%+ . Feeling better about your $630 price tag yet? :flower3:

I will be very interested to see what you think of HHN! Its so intense and soooo amazing. Book the Scareactor Dining Experience if the budget will allow and its offered on your specific date: its well worth the price, we simply LOVED it.

Looking forward to your next bubbly, enthusiastic installment! You make me want to be 26 again :teeth:.

Aw, thanks for the trip report endorsement, my friend! :goodvibes
No problem! I love reading your trip reports, so I'm sure others will as well!::yes::

I am so excited that you are adding a day at SeaWorld to your plans! :banana: You know that park holds a special place in my heart, and honestly.....I think you'll love it. It's so relaxing and low-key......much different than a day at Disney or a day at Universal. Sometimes, you need some fun without the frenzy on a trip ::yes::.

We are BIG fans of the all day dining plan at SeaWorld, its an EXCELLENT value :thumbsup2 . An entree is going to cost you $10 or more on its own. Drinks are $2.50 or more. Snacks and desserts are about $4 each. You'll be well in the money if you eat two meals there. One August visit, we drank our plan value in water bottles alone. There are lots of great options as well, much more than just burgers and fries. Check out the menus at each place, choose well, and I think you will be pleasantly pleased. Its so nice knowing that you can eat what you want, when you want, all day long and never worry about the cost!

The restaurants are located all over the park, so you're never far from sustenance. If you have any specific questions about SW (or the dining plan), feel free to toss 'em out to me!
I knew you could help a girl out!! With this being our longest trip yet (10 nights/11 days) I think a nice relaxing day at a park is called for. I really hope I can get everyone on board for it!

Okay, all caught up!! You have been sooooo patient through such a long countdown ::yes::. You deserve an awesomely long, amazing, fun-packed trip! :goodvibes
My family members may not say the same about the patient part:rotfl2: I kind of drive them nuts with my planning. But, I really want to hear their opinions and make sure this is a great trip for everyone, even if it does drive them nuts. It's for their own good!!

I love, love, LOVE the planning spreadsheet....I am sure you are not surprised to learn that I'm a colour-coded-spreadsheet-kinda-gal myself :thumbsup2. I have to have a plan.....even if its a variable and flexible one....or else I can't sleep at night. I am sure there are support groups for people like me :rolleyes: but I am totally okay with that.
You Gina?! I never would have guessed!! lol disregard my sarcasm. With all the activities you guys pack into your vacations I can only imagine the chaos if you WEREN'T a color-coded-spreadsheet-kinda-gal. If being overly prepared is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

I have to agree with you, Southwest's open seating sucks. We just haven't been able to bring ourselves to book them (despite the great fares and two free checked bags) knowing that we won't have an idea where we will sit until we're literally on the plane. That, and I would miss the TV's on JB. We paid the same $317 pp return from BUF for our October trip that you were looking at for your September adventures....AND we added on the even more space upgrade for both of us, both directions :crazy2:. Then there's that pesky exchange rate....so add another 40%+ . Feeling better about your $630 price tag yet? :flower3:
When you put it that way our $630 doesn't sound that awful :rolleyes1 Its still way more than we want to spend, so if dealing with a lay-over, or flying a less than desired airline saves us a significant amount of cash, then I guess we have to be on board with that :confused3

I will be very interested to see what you think of HHN! Its so intense and soooo amazing. Book the Scareactor Dining Experience if the budget will allow and its offered on your specific date: its well worth the price, we simply LOVED it.
I'm a horror film fanatic. So I guess that could have its benefits as well as its downfalls :scratchin We have to wait and see, but regardless I'm sure it'll be a great experience over-all! I was definitely intrigued by the Scareactor dining experience when I read about it in your fall TR, its something I really want to look into and consider if its possible.

Looking forward to your next bubbly, enthusiastic installment! You make me want to be 26 again :teeth:.
Why thank you! It's really hard NOT to be enthusiastic about planning a trip to Orlando to visit Disney/Universal/Sea World!! :hyper:

Not anymore!

Apparently not!

It's almost criminal!

That remark would be more accurate if you took out the word "almost".

Yeah, but then again when they do release park hours they usually end up changing them after all your plans are made anyway! :scratchin

True. But that's just to make it more fun.
And by "fun" I mean, "pulling your hair out in frustration."

So, after reading yet another TR from @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (go check out her stuff if you're not familiar, great reads!)

Thanks for the heads up!

From my understanding you receive a wrist band, and that entitles you to one entree, one side OR dessert and one drink EVERY HOUR. If I'm understanding this correctly, that $20 is well worth it, if not for our drinks all day alone!

Whoa! That sounds too good to be true!

Anyone have any insight on the meal plan? Is the quality of the food good? Are the restaurants pretty accessible from anywhere in the park?

Sorry. I have eaten there. (First time I had alligator, actually)
But that was in 1987. so things may have changed since then.

Good luck!

It's definitely worth getting the Blue Plus ticket because it seems to only be $15 more, where as getting a base ticket and paying for your bag would be $25 for the bag. I think I'm just suprised the tickets prices went up so much. When we flew in September in 2014 we only paid about $420 for the two of us :(
I exactly what you mean. I still haven't booked the flight for my trip this summer...and I'm kind of freaking out. There was a pretty good rate last week, but then it just vanished! So I am checking every day and hoping that a good rate comes back. Since it will be four of us, it needs to be decent...::yes::
First off, they have no assigned seating. They board in groups A, B C etc.. ... so your first group is your premier flyers, people with disabilites, and children under 4 (who can have only ONE parent board with them im pretty sure). After that is your Early Bird Check-In peeps, then general boarding. Generally speaking your EBCI is going to be group B, so you ahve a pretty good chance of having your group sit together.. but if you're boarding in general seating your taking a chance of your group not being able to get seats near eachother. I just dont care for the free for all seating. I like to know where I'm seating before I board lol
Ahhh I see. Yeah I would be pretty frustrated as well. I like knowing where I'm sitting too haha. So is it definite that you are flying SW? The free bag still seems like a good plus lol
It actually happened in the fall last year! I think the only people they usually effect are ones who are trying to get PPO breakfasts, which were not generally PPO people :rotfl2: So hopefully if it does happen, it wont effect us too much!
Oh wow! I guess Disney does it anytime they think necessary I hope it doesn't effect you all either!

YAY! That is exciting!!!:cool1: Seaworld is such a fun place - and that rate that you found is fantastic! Good luck trying to convince everyone!
If it works - you will be doing all the three "main" Orlando attractions in one trip! That is so cool!!!!!:jumping1:

True. But that's just to make it more fun.
And by "fun" I mean, "pulling your hair out in frustration."
It wouldnt be a disney vacation if the planning didnt come with frustration!
Sorry. I have eaten there. (First time I had alligator, actually)
But that was in 1987. so things may have changed since then.
Maybe just a little. :rotfl2:
Good luck!
Thanks!
I exactly what you mean. I still haven't booked the flight for my trip this summer...and I'm kind of freaking out. There was a pretty good rate last week, but then it just vanished! So I am checking every day and hoping that a good rate comes back. Since it will be four of us, it needs to be decent...::yes::
I'm not good at the waiting game. If I see a good price I pounce on it!
So is it definite that you are flying SW? The free bag still seems like a good plus lol
Its not DEFINITE, but its very very likely. We shall find out tomorrow!
YAY! That is exciting!!!:cool1: Seaworld is such a fun place - and that rate that you found is fantastic! Good luck trying to convince everyone!
If it works - you will be doing all the three "main" Orlando attractions in one trip! That is so cool!!!!!:jumping1:
Thanks! I hope I can work something out because I think its something everyone will really enjoy!

I can't really say much about the dining plan at Sea World, although it sounds like a good deal. I asked DW what she thought about the food and she seemed happy with it. Said there were plenty of good options to choose from, but we didn't really research food too much before she and DD went there and they just grabbed what was convenient. I know they had great things to say about it and wouldn't mind going back if we ever get a chance.

I can't really say much about the dining plan at Sea World, although it sounds like a good deal. I asked DW what she thought about the food and she seemed happy with it. Said there were plenty of good options to choose from, but we didn't really research food too much before she and DD went there and they just grabbed what was convenient. I know they had great things to say about it and wouldn't mind going back if we ever get a chance.
Thanks for the insight! I really havent heard anything bad from anyone I've asked or who has been there so hopefully it'll work its way into our plans!

It's official..... OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED!!!

21lkbi1.jpg

Although I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not a fan of Southwest... they really hooked us up with some great flights.
I was able to get round trip, non-stop, flights for $264.96/person!!

Also, your first two bags fly free with SW, so no additional charge for those.
The flight times are great too. Our flight on arrival day is scheduled to leave at 8:05am, arriving in Orlando at 10:40am. Our flight on departure day leaves Orlando at 6:45pm and arrives back in Buffalo at 9:20pm. I'm always up for a little extra park time before we have to catch our flight!

We're finally making moves! Next milestone... ADR's!!:rotfl:

It's official..... OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED!!!

21lkbi1.jpg

Although I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not a fan of Southwest... they really hooked us up with some great flights.
I was able to get round trip, non-stop, flights for $264.96/person!!

Yahoo!!! :woohoo::cheer2: I will dance to that! :banana:

Nothing feels more "official" than having flights booked :thumbsup2. You got a spectacular price!

Yay! Tickets make it officially official!!

We just booked out flights as well last week on SW and what a huge weight off my shoulders! :yay:

Yahoo!!! :woohoo::cheer2: I will dance to that! :banana:

Nothing feels more "official" than having flights booked :thumbsup2. You got a spectacular price!
Exactly! And you're correct, we really lucked out with southwest compared to the other flights we were looking at. Over $100 lucky!!

Yay! Tickets make it officially official!!

We just booked out flights as well last week on SW and what a huge weight off my shoulders! :yay:
It's such a great feeling! Now there's no turning back!

Awesome! Looks like you got a pretty good deal and some extra time at the parks is always nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter