The End is... NOWHERE in sight! - Sept/Oct 2016 PTR *Update 9/14*

Bummer on the cruise, but maybe you can talk the hubs into doing a special tour or staying an extra day on your own to make up for it and it'll still be cheaper. ::yes:: Or so that's how my logic works! lol
This was actually my plan too lol I'm working on getting him to want to go to Discovery Cove, but even that can be quite pricey. I think I already talked him into doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, so atleast we will have that.

Hmmm.. I'm thinking you need to share pics of your MB decals!! :goodvibes
I definitely will! I only ordered 3 because I want to see how they come out before I order more. So I will definitely post a pic here when I receive them!

As promised, I'm here with some pics of the magic band decals I designed at magicyourband.com !! I think they came out pretty good. The Hulk one came out a little darker than I thought it would, but I still think it came out nicely! A pleasant surprise is that they sent TWO of every design instead of just one. They also sent me a bonus decal. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone looking to design their own magic bands. Shipping was VERY speedy, and the more bands you order the more of a discount you get! I'll definitely be designing a few more before we go on our trip!

The Nightmare Before Christmas for my Sister:
14akc4j.jpg

Wolverine for my sisters BF:
332p7ig.jpg

The Hulk for DH:
313lzzs.jpg

The bonus decal sent with my order:
15we7vd.jpg

Those are so cool! I have never heard of that site till now. Love the Nightmare before Christmas!

Thanks! I've been seeing a bunch of cool painted ones on another thread, but I'm not much of an artist. I'm pretty good with computer graphics so this seemed like the best way to go!

Happy fall readers!! IYou have no idea how much I'm loving this cooler weather!

I'm sorry its been so long since I've updated, but honestly there really hasn't been anything to update about.

Until today....

TA DAAAAAAA!!!!!

14ukrns.jpg

We've finally reached our one year mark ladies and gentlemen!!:dancer:

Everyone in our group is booked except for my brother and sister-in-law.. but I'll give them a break because they just got married this weekend! It was a crazy but extremely fun weekend. Now that the wedding is over with they will be booking shortly, and then our group will be complete!

I'm guessing that Jet Blue will release flights for September around late January, so we will book then. I've always found with Jet Blue that the best prices are always right when tickets are released. Sometimes you can get lucky much closer to your travel date but I'm too much of a worrier to wait that long to book a flight.

I also finished a couple more magic band decals. These are for my brother and sister-in-law.

257n7ma.jpg

I made this one for my other sister-in-law, but I'm not crazy about it because it just isnt as clear as I thought it would be. So I'll probably be making a new little mermaid one before we go.

24zc4sz.jpg

Finally, I also was able to have the lovely people at magicyourband.com lighten up my husbands Hulk decal, which they didn't even charge me for. I can not say enough great things about this company. Definitely will use them over and over again in the future.

2hd901z.jpg

I've been asking for restaurant requests from everyone in our group, but nobody seems to feel this is necessary at the moment. Which its not, but I'd really like to start tweaking a loose schedule until park hours and our ADR day comes around. I haven't really touched much in the schedule since I last posted about it. I'm sure that'll change once everyone else starts showing a little more interest in whats going on when we go.

So, after the wedding my brother and sister-in-law headed down to Miami for a short honeymoon to see the Buffalo Bills play the Dolphins. Yesterday they made the trek to Orlando and visited Universal Studios for the day. My brother is almost as big of a Harry Potter fan as I am and he thought the WWoHP was the craziest place he's ever been. He loved it so much, and now hes looking even more forward to our vacation. His wife Cortney has always been a Disney fan so its nice to see them both excited about the trip now.

I also quit my second job, and started a new one about a month ago. I'm much happier at this new place, and apparently they're happy with me because I was promoted to a part-time manager! I figure I'll give it a shot, but if that along with my full-time day job gets to be too much I'll just go back to being a regular associate after the holidays.

Welp, this is all I have for now. I'll try to update more often now that our "official" countdown has begun! :woohoo:

Last edited:

Favorite Character: Lightening McQueen.. had to throw this little ditty in for your enjoyment...
2efqauw.jpg

I'm reading along through your PTR and see this gem. I busted out laughing. Normally ok, but not when you're reading DIS at work (hehe) :teeth: . Is this his Lightning 'Ca Chow!' face?? LOL

Hey everyone!

No new Disney updates right now :( Although, I am happy to see everyone else in our group starting to feel more excited as the trip gets closer. I can see that their interest will start spiking once we can actually book reservations and such.

I am also happy to inform you guys that my mother actually made a comment that her and my dad were contemplating actually joining us for our trip! This is pretty surprising because my mom is more of a "relax on the beach with a martini all day" type of vacationer.

15gouup.jpg

She has said in the past that once she has grand kids she will have no problem taking the journey to Disney with us, so I'm really surprised that she's showing interest in going with us next year. Granted, she said it would probably only be for 5 days or so then they'd probably take off on a cruise of something :rotfl2:BUT, even if its only for a few days I would definitely enjoy having them there. Especially because my brother and sister will be there with their SO's so it would be nice to have the whole family down there.

That's about all I have for now... I'll end the post with the three new Magic Band decals that I made recently. The first one is "take two" on the Little Mermaid band. I think this one came out MUCH MUCH better than the last one. I'm really happy with is and so is my SiL. The second one I made for my FiL, but when my BiL saw it he loved it as well! so thats works out and I killed two birds with one stone since magicyourband.com sends you two of each of your designs! The last Scooby Doo one is for my MiL, Scooby is her favorite character.

2mneud1.jpg

Welp, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I have a full day of football to get to!!:banana:

I love love love the magic band designs. I may have to seriously check them out. My DF is quite put out there is no purple band and wanted me to paint his band like captain America.

I love love love the magic band designs. I may have to seriously check them out. My DF is quite put out there is no purple band and wanted me to paint his band like captain America.
They also do one piece bands that are like a full cover band. I think it would be super cool if you used captain Americas shield where the mickey head would be!

Hi, joining in! Wow, so many people, sounds like you are up for the challenge! Did you see that on My Disney Experience they put a link for help if you are planning for a large group? I wonder if they will help with ADRs and such for large parties.

Anyhoo, congrats on being booked and can't wait to read more!

That's where he wants me to put it if I paint it! Do you know if they stick/stay on fairly well?
I haven't actually used the ones I ordered from this vendor yet, but the vinyl decals I ordered last year from various sites all I did was apply them, then run them under the hairdryer to heat them up so the adhesive sticks better and they stayed on our whole trip no issues!

Hi, joining in! Wow, so many people, sounds like you are up for the challenge! Did you see that on My Disney Experience they put a link for help if you are planning for a large group? I wonder if they will help with ADRs and such for large parties.

Anyhoo, congrats on being booked and can't wait to read more!
:welcome:and thanks for joining in!!

I did see that link for the large groups on the MDE page, but we only have 3 rooms so idk if that would include us, but either way idk if I'd be able to relinquish that type of power to someone else, I'm crazy about scheduling my ADRs lol

I haven't actually used the ones I ordered from this vendor yet, but the vinyl decals I ordered last year from various sites all I did was apply them, then run them under the hairdryer to heat them up so the adhesive sticks better and they stayed on our whole trip no issues!

Good idea! I was thinking a clear coat of nail polish.

Hi Tori! Glad I'm not the only one with a trip with a faraway date! We fly to our home away from home on October 27th, 2016!

Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios! Has all my favorite stuff!
Favorite Rides: Rockin Roller Coaster, The Great Movie Ride, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Figment
Favorite Princess: Mulan and Merida! Gotta love the girls that were warriors!
Favorite Characters: Stitch, Simba and Tink!
Favorite Disney Films: In order: The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, The Goofy Movie and Peter Pan
Favorite Cuisines: Seafood, Italian and Dole Whips!

Also, wow that is a lot of people! I want to do a big vacation like that one day. Not all of my family likes Disney though (crazy right???). But the friends I made when I did my college program all love Disney so hopefully we can do reunions there!

Makes total sense!

I haven't been to Raglan Road, but Via Napoli has EXCELLENT pizza.. my favorite is the proscuitto and melon! Hoop De Doo is SO MUCH FUN! The free beer and Sangria surely help that as well :) Last time we went it was just DH and I, so we cant wait to see how much fun we have with a large group!

Lol, thank you! I love Hoop De Doo, and with this large hoot'n and holler'n group I think we will have a great time!

I used to work for the mouse and honestly, the large groups were my favorites! They normally only came with the tour groups, but it was fun seeing so many large groups have fun.

Are y'all gonna do fun t-shirts?

Hi Tori! Glad I'm not the only one with a trip with a faraway date! We fly to our home away from home on October 27th, 2016!
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios! Has all my favorite stuff!
Favorite Rides: Rockin Roller Coaster, The Great Movie Ride, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Figment
Favorite Princess: Mulan and Merida! Gotta love the girls that were warriors!
Favorite Characters: Stitch, Simba and Tink!
Favorite Disney Films: In order: The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, The Goofy Movie and Peter Pan
Favorite Cuisines: Seafood, Italian and Dole Whips!
:welcome:
I've always loved Hollywood Stuios, and I know it still has a bunch of stuff I love to do and see. But, I'm worried that when we get there next fall it'll turn into a get in, get out kinda park because of the construction :-\ This is my sister's first trip so it's kinda disappointing she would be able to see the HS that I love.
Also, wow that is a lot of people! I want to do a big vacation like that one day. Not all of my family likes Disney though (crazy right???). But the friends I made when I did my college program all love Disney so hopefully we can do reunions there!
I have family that aren't fans either. I guess its not everyone's cup of tea :confused3
I used to work for the mouse and honestly, the large groups were my favorites! They normally only came with the tour groups, but it was fun seeing so many large groups have fun.
Are y'all gonna do fun t-shirts?

It's still up in the air, I might talk everyone into the matching shirts for ONE day, but I dont think I can squeeze any more than that out of them lol For MNSSHP, my DH, Sister and her BF are planning to go as the Ninja turtles so I guess that'll have to count lol Also, we plan to drink around the world one night. Although Ihave no plans of getting anywhere near wasted, my sister and I plan to wear these matching shirts that night!

98vbdj.jpg

:welcome:
I've always loved Hollywood Stuios, and I know it still has a bunch of stuff I love to do and see. But, I'm worried that when we get there next fall it'll turn into a get in, get out kinda park because of the construction :-\ This is my sister's first trip so it's kinda disappointing she would be able to see the HS that I love.

I have family that aren't fans either. I guess its not everyone's cup of tea :confused3

It's still up in the air, I might talk everyone into the matching shirts for ONE day, but I dont think I can squeeze any more than that out of them lol For MNSSHP, my DH, Sister and her BF are planning to go as the Ninja turtles so I guess that'll have to count lol Also, we plan to drink around the world one night. Although Ihave no plans of getting anywhere near wasted, my sister and I plan to wear these matching shirts that night!

98vbdj.jpg
That shirt is so awesome! Yeah, I can see it'd be hard to get everyone in matching shirts every day. I just love those shirts that say "X Trip 201...)!

I hope Studios has finished their stuff before then. I left when it was just starting. That Toy Story Land looks really cool.

Merry November everyoneeee!!!

Yes, I'm one of those crazies that starts to get excited about Christmas the day after Halloween lol I don't devalue Thanksgiving, I just love Christmas so much I can hardly contain myself!!

fadhrb.jpg

That is also my reaction the morning we leave for a Disney trip.. just sayin...

So, obviously I don't really have any new trip updates... I continue to drive everyone crazy with my ideas and my family is still looking at me like im nuts because its still 10 months away... I told them all.. If you think I'm crazy now, just wait until March when my planning REALLY goes into overdrive! :moped:

I spent 20 minutes rationalizing with my sister about which color Magic band I needed to get.. I'm planning on making a Marie MB decal, and a Princess and the Frog decal... so I think I'm going to end up getting a pink magic band for my Marie decal, and use the green band from our trip last year for my Princess and the Frog decal... I really didn't want a pink magic band, but I think thats what I'm going to have to get because I'm weird about things not matching :crazy: Some people just don't understand the importance of choosing the perfect color ::yes::

9iv88n.jpg

This is why I drive people nuts... They just don't understand my #disneyworldprobz

I also decided to just stop stressing over our schedule at this point. All thats going to happen is Park hours are going to come out and be completely different than last years and I'm going to get frustrated that I spent all this time on a schedule that accomplishes nothing...:faint: I figure I'll start fresh when park hours are released, which is sometime in March hopefully since our ADR day is April 1st.

I guess this is where I will leave you for now. Hopefully I still have some followers even though I don't really have much to update on at this point :scratchin

Happy fall y'all! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter