The Elusive Fourth Fastpass+!! (a March 2016 TR)

carlymcqueen

Mouseketeer
The Elusive Fourth Fastpass+: a family trip report

Hello fellow DIS members! This is my first trip report, because my family never really took a TON of pictures on our trips. This was our sixth trip to Disney World (we’ve been to Disneyland one other time, so I guess seven trips in total). This trip was so so so much better than expected, since we were worried about the terrible weather forecast and the spring break crowds. A quick disclaimer: Some parts of the trip report are not in Disney, because we were also there for Phillies Spring Training and stayed in Clearwater. I won’t be upset if you skip those parts. Trust me.
IMG_3079.jpg

Now onto introductions! My name is Carly, and I’m 17 years old. I’m a junior in high school, an all-around band geek (drumline life), and a barista at Starbucks. (Yes, that's a Little Mermaid musical shirt! I played violin in the pit orchestra at my school. I know ever single song by heart.)

favorite park: DHS

favorite DW attraction: Great Movie Ride

favorite Disney character: Lightning McQueen

IMG_6797.jpg

Next is my 14-year-old sister, Rae, who is in eighth grade. She’s super into music along with me, and is a singer. She is a huge Stitch and Lion King fan, and loves the Enchanted Tiki Room.

favorite park: MK

favorite DW attraction: Enchanted Tiki Room

favorite Disney character: Stitch

IMG_6064.jpg

Next up is my madré, who is pretty darn cool. She’s on the DIS here too, as TraceyPoppins. She’s really into The Monkees and David Bowie (bless his soul ): ).

favorite DW attraction: Tower of Terror

favorite Disney character: Mary Poppins

IMG_4497.jpg

Finally, my dad. He’s singer in a band and along with my mom, he got my sister and me into music. He pretends to not like Disney and was really excited to go to spring training for the first time (except he shows no emotion about it). He LOVES Phillies baseball and also really likes getting different food and drink items in the World Showcase.

favorite DW ride: Tower of Terror

favorite Disney character: Belle

Together, we make a pretty cool Disney
family!

IMG_6621.jpg

Can't wait to start writing!!!

Table of contents:

Day One (Wednesday)

The Journey to Florida!

Fancy Pool

First Disney Visit

Day Two (Thursday)

Pool Eggs and Whipping and Nae Nae

No Veggie Burgers?

Day Three (Friday)

Clearwater Bound

Walking Around Clearwater
The Next Playoff Game (Featuring Lemonade Man)

Disney Prep

Day Four (Saturday)

Fancy Waffles
DISNEY WORLD

Disney Springs and Rain

Day Five (Sunday)

The True Disney Masters (Featuring Dr. Rob)

Kicked Out of Indiana Jones?!

Vegetarian Pho and Fantasmic

Day Six (Monday)

The Bus Issue

Fastpassing!

The Elusive Fourth Fastpass?

Animatronics!

Free Desserts From Beast

The Elusive Fifth and Six Fastpasses?

I'm happy to hear your trip was better than expected. That's wonderful!

Looking forward to reading all about it :)

Chapter One — The Journey To Florida!

So, before I get into the trip report, I need to explain my mom’s surprise to my sister and I regarding this trip. My mom decided that she wouldn’t tell us that we were going to Disney until a month beforehand. She set up a scavenger hunt for us for after we ate Valentine’s day dinner. My sister and I weren’t really expecting much, and then discovered two Disney bags with our initials on them with Magicbands inside!!! It was one of the greatest surprises ever :lovestruc

IMG_2058.jpg

We were going to Disney over spring break! My parents explained to us that we would only be going to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios, but we were happy and grateful anyway. We would also be spending part of the trip in clearwater for Phillies spring training.

In a month, we were ready to go! I don’t remember what I did the night before we left, but I had school that day. We were up at seven in the morning the next day to go to the Philly airport.

Usually I would be exhausted getting up early to go somewhere, but of course I wasn't because it's Disney World! None of us were tired :flower1: We got to the parking lot and grabbed the jitney to the airport.

IMG_2572.jpg

The four of us got everything settled, and then got breakfast at a restaurant near our gate. Was it even a restaurant if it has paper plates and water bottles? I got some French Toast, which tasted like airport french toast. A true traveling classic.

IMG_2574.jpg

Finally, we were on the plane and heading to Florida at 11:25! I’m not a fan of flying, but to Florida is okay because Philly to Orlando is a 2-3 hour flight. I have a thing for adult coloring books, which I did on the airplane. They're so relaxing :rotfl:

IMG_6326.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg

Much to our surprise, we got an “international flight” plane! The backs of each seat had a touchscreen on it and you could pick a channel or movie to watch for free or play games. I watched Big Hero 6 (I know, I was so behind having not seen it yet) and I loved it!

At about 2pm, we landed in Orlando International Airport. The weather was beautiful! We weren’t taking Disney’s Magical Express, though, because we were staying off-property for the first few days. We rented a car for the week instead. After some navigating, we got to Marriott World Center, the first of our three hotels! Of course we got Starbucks in the hotel lobby while dad checked in (little did I know I’d be working there!)

IMG_2581.jpg

We had an ADR for Garden Grove tonight which wasn’t for a few hours, so we decided to head down to the pool and check it out!

Chapter one is DONE! I feel so good knowing I finally uploaded something. I'm sad that I can't put more than ten pictures to a chapter, but I got it all figured out! Until the next update:thumbsup2

Attachments

• IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter