• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The elusive Chef Mickey

MrsUqdah

Mouseketeer
I've been looking for either a dinner ressie for 5/15 or breakfast for 5/14 and have yet to get one. Should I cancel my current reservation in the hopes for a walk up or should I forget it keep what I have a move on with my life LOL. How difficult would it be to get a walk up for 5 at Chef Mickey?

I've been looking for either a dinner ressie for 5/15 or breakfast for 5/14 and have yet to get one. Should I cancel my current reservation in the hopes for a walk up or should I forget it keep what I have a move on with my life LOL. How difficult would it be to get a walk up for 5 at Chef Mickey?

keep it and keep checking. I have seen openings already for this weekend, when it gets closer people may start cancelling to avoid the $10 fee. Always check the morning of/day before too!

I would keep checking online multiple times a day to see if a cancellation comes up. You still have 2 weeks and with the $10 per person cancellation penalty, most will cancel if their plans change. Just keep an eye on your own cancellation deadline because if nothing comes up before that time you'll have to decide whether to keep your current res or not.

Walking up is a last resort because there's no guarantee that you'll be seated. As much as possible restaurants will seat walk ups, but if CM is fully booked you may turned away. If you walk up, you have a better chance at the start or the end of the meal service. However, you would all have to be there so if you have small children in your group it may be disappointing if they see the characters, but can't dine there.

Thanks guys...I've been checking daily as you suggested so hopefully something comes up :)

Yes keep checking. I was able to get a 4:30 reservation the other week a day before we went to dinner there!

Earlier this month, got one for 9:30 pm for six of us the day before. It was kinda late so I checked day of, around 4 pm and there was an 8 pm ressie available. I called to see if I could switch to the earlier time without the $10pp penalty.

The CM said yes, and also said, I could've even switched to any other available restaurant if I'd wanted to without penalty. Take that FWIW, as all CM statements aren't created equal. Needless to say, we had a great server and finished just as Wishes started so we got to see them too from across the bay! No penalties incurred.

Pixie dust to you!

Don't give up! You can usually find what you are looking for within the 24 hour cancellation window.

I just checked for dinner on April 30 for 5 at Chef Mickey & two times came up. 7:35 & 8:30 pm and found breakfast for 5 May 1st @ 7:30am

I agree. Keep checking every day multiple times a day as you never know if/when something will become available. Good luck.

We tend to cancel our dining ADR's:

> a few days before our trip when I go over everything and make final changes; or

> right when we are in Disney -- the night before the scheduled meal when we go over our next-day's plans.

We tend to cancel our dining ADR's: > a few days before our trip when I go over everything and make final changes; or > right when we are in Disney -- the night before the scheduled meal when we go over our next-day's plans.
how much time do you have to cancel before they charge your credit card

For the majority of restaurants it's must cancel 24 hours prior to the reservation.

For the dining experiences that require payment up front it's five days at the latest for a refund - CRT, Wishes Dessert Party etc..

From my experience, it's just the prior day (as in before midnight). I've cancelled many ADR's from our hotel room the night before as we're looking over our plans for the next day. Sometimes we have an unexpected late night and I know we won't feel like getting up early for a breakfast ADR, so I cancel it.

From the restaurant FAQs on the Disney website:

Q.
How can I cancel my dining reservation, and how much notice do I need to give when I make a cancellation?
A.
You can cancel your dining reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

For more information, please refer to the cancellation policy provided in your email confirmation.

Check the email confirmation because this deadline applies to the majority of TS reservations, but some like the prepaid dinner shows, CRT and special dining events may have a different deadline. For example, when we went CRT had a 2 day in advance deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter