• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The economy tanking by summer over nukes, do you think it will happen?

SLJ6974

Mouseketeer
I really do think the economy of this country will completely tank by the summer after a possible war in the middle east over nukes. If gas prices rise to 5 or 6 bucks a gallon, this will just tank what is left.

I really do think the economy of this country will completely tank by the summer after a possible war in the middle east over nukes. If gas prices rise to 5 or 6 bucks a gallon, this will just tank what is left.

Unfortunately I do. Israel will in no way allow Iran to successfully get a hold of nuclear capability. They will make a preemptive strike I think by June. The only hope to avoid this is for Iran to quickly allow UN inspectors back in and they are not going to do that.

China is probably the only country who Iran will listen to and I don't think the chinese are going to get involve.

I more concerned about whether or not Israel will demand our assistance and drag our troops into another useless war than I am the economy.

Honestly I don't really want to think about it. There are all this what if's scenarios. Whatever tomorrow brings I will deal with it tomorrow there is no use on worrying about something that might never happen. I think this might come from DH being in the military and if we worry about every little rumor or news that comes in we will be frantic all the time.

Honestly I don't really want to think about it. There are all this what if's scenarios. Whatever tomorrow brings I will deal with it tomorrow there is no use on worrying about something that might never happen. I think this might come from DH being in the military and if we worry about every little rumor or news that comes in we will be frantic all the time.

:thumbsup2

Exactly!
But look on the bright side... it is 2012... everyone's Y2K emergency supplies should still have 13 years left on their shelf life. ;)

Unfortunately I do. Israel will in no way allow Iran to successfully get a hold of nuclear capability. They will make a preemptive strike I think by June. The only hope to avoid this is for Iran to quickly allow UN inspectors back in and they are not going to do that.

China is probably the only country who Iran will listen to and I don't think the chinese are going to get involve.

I more concerned about whether or not Israel will demand our assistance and drag our troops into another useless war than I am the economy.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Last time I checked this was the budget board, not the fear-mongering board.

I don't think op meant to fear monger. Gas prices are a huge chunk of most peoples budget. I think it was just meant to be speculative.

I've listened to these "doomsday" theories for years. Never paid much attention to them. I live by the mantra "Don't worry about things you have no control over." It works for me.

If Israel launches an attack, gas prices in the US are the least thing we will be worrying about.

For several years, every summer reports come out that gas prices (for one reason or another) will rise to $4-$5 a gallon and not come down.

Hasn't happened yet and I don't expect it to.

For several years, every summer reports come out that gas prices (for one reason or another) will rise to $4-$5 a gallon and not come down.

Hasn't happened yet and I don't expect it to.

Every year it is something, and I think all it accomplishes is to torpedo consumer confidence. But the media needs something shocking/alarming to keep us tuning into the 24 hour news cycle and this one is an easy target - there's always *some* reason gas is on its way to "historic" highs, never again to be affordable. Maybe it'll happen one of these days but at this point it feels like just more crying wolf.

We're all dead in Dec. 2012 anyway!

Time to par-tay!!

I just looked at my December vacation dates - we are driving home from Florida after 12 nights at WDW ON 12/21/12. The end of our vacation and of course "the end of the world, as we know it."

And I'll feel fine :thumbsup2

Every year it is something, and I think all it accomplishes is to torpedo consumer confidence. But the media needs something shocking/alarming to keep us tuning into the 24 hour news cycle and this one is an easy target - there's always *some* reason gas is on its way to "historic" highs, never again to be affordable. Maybe it'll happen one of these days but at this point it feels like just more crying wolf.

Exactly. Actually our gas prices fell about 8 cents from the previous week. They go up and they go down. We are near to $3.50 now. If gas goes to $4, like some said on here, that is just 50 cents or a 15% increase. The money will have to come from somewhere but I will not be cowering in the corner as a result.

I am old enough to remember the "Russia is going to nuke us" drill. The town I lived in had a company that put us on the first hit list. We would get under our desks, in a fetal position with our hands covering our heads. The second place was in the hallway against a wall in the same position.

I am glad to report I was not nuked.:thumbsup2

Israel has been on the verge of an all out nuclear war since they got their first nuclear weapons. They have been in wars and scuffles all my life. Eventually there will be a problem in the middle east, far more than we have yet seen, and it will be what will be.

If you do plan on nuking me, make it a direct hit. I want to be vaporized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter