The DVC board official Animal Kingdom Villas discussion thread

That's good news!! I know a lot of people will be really excited about this!!

The employees have not been told, including those at the Lodge, I think this was a leak prior to the official announcement.

Does anyone know offhand how many rooms VWL and BCV have? I'm just trying to get a feel for the size of AKV.......I think I have a floor plan somewhere of VWL.....I don't think there are 450 rooms though, so, it would appear AKV is going to be a nice size.....good......because with our youngest leaving for college next year we're not ready to add-on quite yet and I don't want those points to sell out!!! Hmmmm......maybe I'll need to go back to work full-time.......

TreesyB said:
:thanks: :rainbow: :cheer2:

I'm so excited! Now I'm going to have to find a better job!

I think I'll have my wife get a better job. ;)

She's the one who wants us to stay there soon. (We own at BW, which we both love.) :sunny:

Sammie said:
The employees have not been told, including those at the Lodge, I think this was a leak prior to the official announcement.

According to the post on another forum(magic), the announcement was made by Jim Lewis at a CM meeting. They were told this was official and could be shared. :)

Found the floor plan of VWL......it looks like there about 280 rooms....give or take a few. So, AKV will be quite a bit larger if that 460 figure is correct....which is good, very good. Oh.........I can't wait to see the models.......I so hope they're ready to show....if not, we'll be there again in January......

vonpluto said:
According to the post on another forum(magic), the announcement was made by Jim Lewis at a CM meeting. They were told this was official and could be shared. :)

you would think they would tell the Lodge CMs.

Congrats to you AKL fans!!! Now Disney needs to announce a DLR DVC and it will be a home run!
P.S. took the family to Disneyland this week. Takled to 2 different DVC reps who said their bosses were in Orlando this week for a "Gameplan" session. They both thought there would be a joint AKL and DLR DVC announcement comming soon. If AKL was a leak, there may be more to the story. Only time will tell.

Yeah!!!!

We probably wont purchase, but this is great news.

Sammie I remember your post too about the location. :thumbsup2

Believe it or not, I have never even visited the AKL or laid eyes on the place. I heard it is stunning and I am saving it for when I feel like I have seen it all at WDW and then I will have that gem :wizard:

I wonder how much per point too!

Anyone else think this is kinda half axx way to announce it. I think the least they could have done it put it on the members site. :rolleyes:

Sammie said:
Anyone else think this is kinda half axx way to announce it. I think the least they could have done it put it on the members site. :rolleyes:
Or include it in the email that came out today (about the $15 discount on add-ons at SSR). But if you're right about it being a leak, then maybe they had planned to have it up on the website tomorrow and got scooped by channel 9.

MS was closed as of 2:30 or so this afternoon. I did wonder if maybe they were being briefed about a new DVC resort. Or maybe it was just a coincidence...

I really do think it was leaked out as I felt certain any announcements would come during the Member Cruise (which is only days away). Boy, I would sure love it if there was a Disneyland project in conjunction with this...we members on the west coast need a little lovin' too!!!

I saw this posted on the wdwmagic website as well. I hope its true. I can't wait for the official announcement which will have some more details!!!

I saw this posted on the wdwmagic website as well. I hope it's true. I can't wait for the official announcement and hopefully it will have some more details.

I saw this posted on the wdwmagic website as well. I hope it's true. I can't wait for the official announcement to come out and hopefully it will have some more details.

Mouse Planet reported that showrooms for AK villas are currently being built at SSR. You definatley are not dreaming!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Wow! Hope this is true....we love AKL!

Can't wait for more info.

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter