The Duggars Will Rule The World

My understanding is that Josh and his wife didn't purposefully choose M names for their kids, they just happened to be names they liked. However, now that they've started down that road, would you want to be the only kid with a different starting letter than you siblings if they chose something different for the next child? Not sure how I'd feel about it.

I'm willing to bet anything they will have more than 3 kids so I dont think the first two having the same first initial will really matter when its 2 out of 20 :)

I grew up in the same town as this family. You'd see them at the store, or the park, or various places. It never really seemed strange to me, but then it was just a few kids, then more, then more. So the size of the family never really put me off.

I do not agree with their religious beliefs, I do not agree with their family planning choices for my situation. (I'm going crazy with 1, I couldn't do a dozen+)

However, I will say they are just as polite and well mannered off screen as they are on screen. They are very well groomed, well behaved and polite. Very very very friendly. So I can assure you it's definitely not an act. It's a very loving family. When I was growing up, Jim Bob pretty much owned half the town in some fashion. (Springdale has grown a lot over the last years.) He had a LOT of real estate investment and you'd see his signs every where.

Whenever I would see the specials or the show it would weird me out a bit because I'd see my hometown and think "huh, they re-did the parking lot at WalMart again." or "Wait. Why is there a light at that intersection now?! It used to be a 4 way stop!"

I think the announcement came so they wouldn't get scooped by another publication. I know people had been saying something about her being pregnant on her Instagram account.

Im not really ProDuggar or AntiDuggar. To me it's a weird thing because I've met some of them (I moved before some of them were born) and while I don't agree with them politically or religiously, I try to see them more as a whole.

I can also say that larger families in Arkansas aren't really unusual. It's not the status quo, but I graduated in 2001 and I know of a few classmates that have a good sized family.

Some people will bash anyone that isn't like them. What I find interesting is more than likely most people bashing them consider themselves "tolerant" and pro-choice. Well, it's not tolerance I'm seeing and guess what? It's their choice to have as many kids as they want and can afford. Tolerance is a two way street. And, their faith is their choice, not anyone elses. At least they're not hypocrites which cannot be said about those bashing and criticizing them for their faith.

I find them to be a wonderful loving family who can support the children they have. Just because some of you posting don't want a lot of kids doesn't mean others don't. We have two and now that they're grown, we look back and wish we'd had 4 or 5.

I dont recall seeing 1 post bashing them regarding their decision? If there was maybe I missed it but all the ones I read were happy for them

Unlike a lot of children, I suspect this child will grow up in a loving home with parents who will work hard to keep a roof over their heads. What's wrong with that?

Oh, absolutely it is. But it's not like they sold her into slavery. She's an adult and is free to think for herself. If her experience in that setting was unpleasant, she probably would not have gone down the path she is on.

Thinking for oneself is not a trait that is encouraged by families like the Duggars.

Thinking for oneself is not a trait that is encouraged by families like the Duggars.

I think that is harsh...not a fan of the show, or their version of Christianity, but I have not heard anything that makes me think that there is brainwashing. from everything I have heard, the women in the family are involved in the choice to just have child after child.

I think that is harsh...not a fan of the show, or their version of Christianity, but I have not heard anything that makes me think that there is brainwashing. from everything I have heard, the women in the family are involved in the choice to just have child after child.

Agreed.

I agree with jana Dee. This group has no way to think for themselves because its not encoureged. They are nothing but a brain washed cult who is taught nothing more the to be submissive to their husbands and have as many puppies as they can. I hope the guys these girls are marrying have good jobs because the way the duggar girls where raised they will not have a life outside the home.

I agree with jana Dee. This group has no way to think for themselves because its not encoureged. They are nothing but a brain washed cult who is taught nothing more the to be submissive to their husbands and have as many puppies as they can. I hope the guys these girls are marrying have good jobs because the way the duggar girls where raised they will not have a life outside the home.

Very submissive. Actually it's called a Transfer of Authority when one of the girls get's married. No thanks! :scared1:.

http://www.achristianhome.org/ISSUES_Christians_Face/DaughtersMarriage.htm

Unlike a lot of children, I suspect this child will grow up in a loving home with parents who will work hard to keep a roof over their heads. What's wrong with that?

You forgot the "on TV" part.

I am very anti-children being filmed (exploited) on TV. This family has sold out to tlc just like the other family.
They have changed markedly from before the tv show.

Also, I believe the man whose religion they follow is in fact a child predator, so the irony is not lost on me!

That and it is just weird to run to magazines and morning news shows to announce a few week old pregnancy. Not modest.

Harsh? Do a little research and then get back to me on whether you still think the women are encouraged to think for themselves.

With all that's wrong with this world lately, I guess I have a hard time snarking on this couple. Compared to 99% of the "headlines" I read about crappy parenting out there, this couple would be deemed the least of my worries.

I'm not Pro or Anti Duggar - but I just don't see this child being a burden on society - in any way. :confused3

From what I have seen of her on the show I am going to venture to bet this baby will be well cared for. :goodvibes

Agreed! That was very well said.

I love the Duggars! I think they're awesome role models for all of society, but especially for those wishing for large families. There's a lot to be said for having a family of that size and being debt-free (before the royalties came in too).

Harsh? Do a little research and then get back to me on whether you still think the women are encouraged to think for themselves.

From everything I've read, the mother (honestly I'm so at a disadvantage having not watched or followed them very closely, so I don't know any names) and the kids weren't forced into following this practice...from the couple articles I have read, the couple made the choice together. And while they raised their kids this way, they weren't going to force their children to have the same kind of marriage.

I'm not going to go out and "research" if you can't provide proof of them locking the kids in a closet and chanting "you must have 18 kids or end up in Hell!" for 72 hours straight or similar tactics.

Now if we are going to say that raising children in a religious home is itself brainwashing, then we are going to open a can of worms that will really stink up the place, and I don't want to take part in that.

Again, I don't agree with them, I don't follow their version of Christianity, and I disagree with a lot of their beliefs...A LOT OF THEM

With all that's wrong with this world lately, I guess I have a hard time snarking on this couple. Compared to 99% of the "headlines" I read about crappy parenting out there, this couple would be deemed the least of my worries.

I'm not Pro or Anti Duggar - but I just don't see this child being a burden on society - in any way. :confused3

From what I have seen of her on the show I am going to venture to bet this baby will be well cared for. :goodvibes

Agree!

Most of you people disparaging their choice are Pro-Choice, right? Hypocrites!

They might not rule the world but they're doing their part to populate it!

Congratulations to the parents to be.

The Earth only has a finite amount of resources. Couple that with people living much longer than our ancestors did and we'll be running out much sooner. I think it's very irresponsible to 'go forth and multiply'. We need to 'clamp shut'.

Agree!

Most of you people disparaging their choice are Pro-Choice, right? Hypocrites!

Yes...I'm prochoice...and as you see I am respecting their choice.

I don't see them as role models when it comes to family planning...financial planning maybe...but as caring parents, I can't fault them.

We have one kid...by choice...and then we (I) took steps to make sure she would be the only one. Not going to think badly of people with more kids...so long as it is a couple's choice.

I do know there are women that are in situations where they don't have a choice, but I think it does them a disservice to lump in women like Mrs. Duggar into that. It makes it harder to help those like the girls on the FLDS compound when you broad brush all smaller religious sects with a "brainwashing" charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter