The Dry Heat Expedition (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Disneyland)--UPDATE 6/12 (KSC and DTD)

First Rule of Trip Reporting: When in doubt, just make @$#% up.:thumbsup2

Nor I. Although living in Crapistan is just something that tragically can't be made up. Nor the hellish state of nursing school. Everything else is well.... hey! we should have a new forum- the DISBS. I can be the Pirate Wench Prez.

I, for one, would never, ever do that!!!

:rolleyes1

Well, then you're a stronger man than I.:rolleyes1

Nor I. Although living in Crapistan is just something that tragically can't be made up. Nor the hellish state of nursing school. Everything else is well.... hey! we should have a new forum- the DISBS. I can be the Pirate Wench Prez.

And here I thought everyone liked the horse-riding adventure I imagined for Julie and Sarah. I thought it beat, "I have no idea what they did all morning."

I fully support your new forum idea! You have my vote.:thumbsup2

Well, then you're a stronger man than I.:rolleyes1

And here I thought everyone liked the horse-riding adventure I imagined for Julie and Sarah. I thought it beat, "I have no idea what they did all morning."

I fully support your new forum idea! You have my vote.:thumbsup2

OH a horse riding adventure always beats "my kids sat around the xbox and ate pizza all day. Even if we wonder at its authenticity. Walt would be proud!

Oh goody! The first member of the "Pile it on Thicker" Club. :dance3:

Lucky kids. You could have my teens, younger one is 13 and she's already complaining about our winter holiday trip to San Diego. Bought the Go San Diego card so we can go to all the museums. Younger one says it's going to be so boring. When I said then don't go, deal was a trip to a spa and surfing class. And of course, neither are covered by the Go Card. It's going to be a more expensive trip than I thought!

And yes, the trip is both teens holiday gift. We've done it several times, as both have more clothes and things that they ever will need. Best part, I can use some of their air miles to pay for the flight this winter.

OH a horse riding adventure always beats "my kids sat around the xbox and ate pizza all day. Even if we wonder at its authenticity. Walt would be proud!

The kids? That's what Dad does all day.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Can I be in charge of pyrotechnics?:hyper:

Lucky kids. You could have my teens, younger one is 13 and she's already complaining about our winter holiday trip to San Diego. Bought the Go San Diego card so we can go to all the museums. Younger one says it's going to be so boring. When I said then don't go, deal was a trip to a spa and surfing class. And of course, neither are covered by the Go Card. It's going to be a more expensive trip than I thought!

And yes, the trip is both teens holiday gift. We've done it several times, as both have more clothes and things that they ever will need. Best part, I can use some of their air miles to pay for the flight this winter.

:welcome: Lynne G! Thanks for joining in!

I only have one teenager so far and although we're getting a lot of eye-rolls, she still does love traveling. Maybe it'll get worse as the parents-to-teens ratio gets more imbalanced. Otherwise, can I come to San Diego instead? I'm sure I can roll my eyes and pretend to be bored. :rotfl:

Hopefully they'll enjoy it once they get out there. Sometimes they just want you to think they're miserable, even though they secretly are enjoying themselves. Right?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure both kids will be going, teens just like to be annoying at times. My older one is a boy, so not as much drama. :laughing:

Oh, and my youngest is named the same as your oldest, but minus the "h". Since my little one is involved in the tri-state area soccer, we've been in Delaware several times. Someday, if you'd like to say hi, we may be in your neck of the woods.

Yeah, there are days I'd like to tell her get the h out, but when I named her, I'd liked it without an h. So, as others have given the same name to their kids as I did, but Sarah, and are in her school classes, she's been known as the no h Sara since starting school. Turning a teen, I've been known to give her other, not so flattering names. :D

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure both kids will be going, teens just like to be annoying at times. My older one is a boy, so not as much drama. :laughing:

I've heard it said somewhere that boys are harder in the single-digit ages, and girls are harder in the teens. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'm liking where this is going.

::yes::

Oh, and my youngest is named the same as your oldest, but minus the "h". Since my little one is involved in the tri-state area soccer, we've been in Delaware several times. Someday, if you'd like to say hi, we may be in your neck of the woods.

That'd be cool! In the meantime, we can work on this:

9781423134657_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG

Wait. Are you saying you told your youngest to "get the h out"????

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Yeah, there are days I'd like to tell her get the h out, but when I named her, I'd liked it without an h. So, as others have given the same name to their kids as I did, but Sarah, and are in her school classes, she's been known as the no h Sara since starting school. Turning a teen, I've been known to give her other, not so flattering names. :D

We always joke about other girls named "Sara" as spelling it wrong (sorry!). But I'm totally with you on occasionally using less flattering names!

The kids? That's what Dad does all day.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Oopsies. Sorry, you're right. State worker and all that. ;)

(I can tease, DH is one himself. We get our own fair share of grief.)

You may have to duke it out with @that's nice . But since he's nowhere to be found (must be prom season!) you can have it. He can be virtual DJ. Unless he has a better suggestion. (He has a boat; I call team meetings there.)

I'm liking where this is going.
::yes::

I thought you might. Mark's got dibs on pyrotechnics apparently. We still need someone to be in charge of bacon; I"m also in search of a bartentder.
Can I just help Mark? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if he is in charge of pyrotechnics, there will be more than enough explosives to keep a small army busy.

You may have to duke it out with @that's nice . But since he's nowhere to be found (must be prom season!) you can have it. He can be virtual DJ. Unless he has a better suggestion. (He has a boat; I call team meetings there.)
Yep... It's May. We won't see him for about 6 months now. If you want to say something bad about him that he'll never read, now is the time.

I thought you might. Mark's got dibs on pyrotechnics apparently. We still need someone to be in charge of bacon; I"m also in search of a bartentder.

How could I have forgotten bacon? We need that desperately.

Oopsies. Sorry, you're right. State worker and all that. ;)

(I can tease, DH is one himself. We get our own fair share of grief.)

Hey now, I don't have an Xbox at work. Just Minesweeper, solitaire, etc. :rolleyes1

As Andy said, now's the time to pile on Tim! I'm sure he won't mind.

Can I just help Mark? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if he is in charge of pyrotechnics, there will be more than enough explosives to keep a small army busy.

The only rule with pyrotechnics is that more is better.:thumbsup2

Just stopping in to say I'll see you a week from tomorrow at DTD. So excited for this DIS meet again. :)

:woohoo::cool1:party: It'll be great to see you again!

Seriously great plans for next weekend. I am sure you are both going to have a blast. I really, really want to go back to KSC so take LOTS of pictures and bring back lots of commentary.

Bad news at work this week? I must have missed that.

I just found your trip report and read through every bit already. You make it look so easy! Your kids look happy to be there in every picture (or at least not horribly annoyed to be there) and don't even appear to be making fake smiles!

We are a bit smaller of a family- Only me, DH, and our two boys (age 5 and 1) but we have been talking about doing a trip like this for a long time!! I just may use it as a basis for our own family trip!

Seriously great plans for next weekend. I am sure you are both going to have a blast. I really, really want to go back to KSC so take LOTS of pictures and bring back lots of commentary.

I'll do my best!

Bad news at work this week? I must have missed that.

Last month, actually. It was the whole promotion thing. Or lack thereof.

I just found your trip report and read through every bit already. You make it look so easy! Your kids look happy to be there in every picture (or at least not horribly annoyed to be there) and don't even appear to be making fake smiles!

:welcome: Thanks for reading it all! If it looks easy, it's probably because we only show the fun stuff. But I think a lot of it is in the attitude (as it is with life in general). If you're excited and enjoy it and make it fun, your kids have a better chance of feeling the same way.:thumbsup2

We are a bit smaller of a family- Only me, DH, and our two boys (age 5 and 1) but we have been talking about doing a trip like this for a long time!! I just may use it as a basis for our own family trip!

I hope you'll give it a shot! I don't think you'll regret it. Let me know if I can help you in any way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter