The Dry Heat Expedition (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Disneyland)--UPDATE 6/12 (KSC and DTD)

CTC609_support.jpg

Can't see any of y'alls other images as they're sources are blocked by the servers where I work (leading me to question where you're getting them from. That one, I'm sorry to say, I can see. Leading me to question the folks in charge of maintaining what is and isn't blocked by our servers.

Can't see any of y'alls other images as they're sources are blocked by the servers where I work (leading me to question where you're getting them from. That one, I'm sorry to say, I can see. Leading me to question the folks in charge of maintaining what is and isn't blocked by our servers.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hi everyone. I haven't had a whole lot of DIS time lately between my work and my daughter's involvement in Science Olympiad. But I wanted to just leave a note asking for your prayers as I enter yet another interview this afternoon. It's 1 interview for 2 positions, both would be promotions for me. I feel reasonably confident and think this might be my best chance yet, but I've also had enough Charlie Brown-kicking-the-football experiences to make me nervous. So, if you think of it, please lift me up, and thank you for indulging me!

I know it is over now so all I can say - I hope it went well. I know you have been perfecting the interview, so I hope all the practice paid off.

Saw your fb post before I saw this one.... I sure hope this is where your hunches are right! Let us know!!!

There it is. I don't think I could have gone through the interview without seeing that.

Please tell me you're getting interviewed by these guys.

21431_1214500767967_500_263.jpg

Sorry, just had a few minutes so I thought some levity might help. Anyway, good luck. You're bound to get one of these things eventually. If not, there are 49 other states. And one of them is Hawaii. Just sayin'

I just got a broken link image there. But I imagined it, and it my mind, it was hilarious.

So what was it? The guys from Office Space? Statler and Waldorf?

Good Luck on the interviews

Thanks!

If it happened for Charlie Brown, then it'll happen for...oh, wait.

Oh look! Rob's using football pictures.

I guess if all else fails, maybe they'll trade you to Buffalo! :rolleyes1

I would willingly go if I was making the same kind of coin that McCoy makes. Otherwise, I can't handle the winters.

Very supportive....

It could have been Cleveland.

Yea, what Andy said!

Yea, that too!

Thank you, gentlemen! (And Tim)

Well, of all the things I expected to see, that...was not one of them.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I hope I am not too late! Lots of good luck for the interview!!

Thank you Magdalene!

I know it is over now so all I can say - I hope it went well. I know you have been perfecting the interview, so I hope all the practice paid off.

Saw your fb post before I saw this one.... I sure hope this is where your hunches are right! Let us know!!!

Thank you, Pat and Liesa, as well!

I think the interview went well. I felt like I had good answers for all of the questions, and I didn't really have any moments in the hours afterwards where I was kicking myself for not having said X, Y or Z. So I'll take that as a good sign as well. However, I have learned the hard way over the years that even if it went well, that may not necessarily mean anything. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I just got a broken link image there. But I imagined it, and it my mind, it was hilarious.

So what was it? The guys from Office Space? Statler and Waldorf?
It was the Bobs from Office Space. :thumbsup2

I would willingly go if I was making the same kind of coin that McCoy makes. Otherwise, I can't handle the winters.
That sounds reasonable.

Well, of all the things I expected to see, that...was not one of them.
Really? Tim posted it. You can't honestly say that you're surprised, can you? :confused3

I think the interview went well. I felt like I had good answers for all of the questions, and I didn't really have any moments in the hours afterwards where I was kicking myself for not having said X, Y or Z. So I'll take that as a good sign as well. However, I have learned the hard way over the years that even if it went well, that may not necessarily mean anything. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Well, at least it is out of your hands now. You did your part and it sounds like there are no regrets. I just hope you get some good news this time around!!

Well I hope you hear some good news soon! You've been at this promotion thing for a while and deserve a break.

Baby Drew is a machine, ready to go anytime you are not... It is his job.

Apparently he takes that job very, very seriously.

These days are the hardest, departure days, waiting for the ME is just awful.

Yeah, I don't know anybody who enjoys departure day.

Maybe ME would have been easier.

They didn't go to Vegas, though.

Maybe ME would not have broken the Video Camera.... Glad you got the SD out and have the videos.

I'm positive they wouldn't have destroyed the camera.:headache:

Grumpy is a minor word for how I would have felt. I would have had a meltdown.

The problem is, I would have had to melt down at myself!

So visiting Downtown Disney AND planning the next vacation????

Pretty much, yeah.:thumbsup2

Yummy beignets...

Loved the crime scene photos. My mother used to say that it was sign that you enjoyed the meal.

I think your mother is a wise woman!

Conference are not all they are cracked up to be, in my previous job, I was gone 3 weeks out of every month on travel. It gets really old, and you never know where you are, which city you are in, which hotel you are staying or what kind of rental you are driving.

I can see where that would get old. I meant one of those jobs where you get put up in one of these cushy resorts a few times a year and the conference "program" only lasts half a day. I know they're out there.

College vs. Disney! Hmm that is a tough call, and can't the kids get student loan like the rest of us?

Agreed! Then I can stick them with the bill.

I would take Christmas Gifts from the World of Disney! Sounds like a good trade off.

It beats getting t-shirts from Kohl's.

Long slow walk back.

::yes::

I can never get my GPS to route the way I want it too. I know there is a way to send the route to the GPS but I have never got it to work!

I should have looked at the map more carefully. I just assumed the restaurant would be in the database.

Rancho Cucamonga

That was some good luck on finding the right exit.

+1 for the driver.

See that?? Everyone who makes fun of me when I get lost??

Ummm, I think I would have to pass on that one. But I know my DH would have to try it.

Aw, come on. You only live once!

Nice job with the name calling….

:rolleyes1

They do look good, and that pretzel bun looks really good.

Every sandwich is better with a pretzel bun. Fact.

I am very sensitive to salt, so I would think that I could not handle this burger.

So I guess you wouldn't have wanted that bacon salt on it?

But after a while it all looks the same.

I will never look at Joshua tree the same again.

I hope that I shall never see
Another poem about a tree.

My DH is the same way, he would have to be falling asleep at the wheel to give me any part in the driving.

It's usually a good arrangement for us. I can never fall asleep in a car anyway, and Julie is usually out at the drop of a hat. She hates night driving too.

Vegas here we come.

For the briefest of moments, anyway.

I love the Embassy suites, the drinks in the evening and the breakfast in the morning. I am good to go.

It's a great place to stay! I just wish they weren't so expensive.

But will you go back again?

I think we liked it better the first time. Now, I probably wouldn't make a special trip. But if I needed a place and it was convenient, sure.

So sad to see this come to an end…

Me too!

Love when someone else cooks my breakfast!

DH does this all the time and can’t find half his stuff afterwards. I think he would be better off just using the tray.

It's a pain in the butt trying to take all that stuff back out of the tray and get rearranged while also putting your shoes and belt back on. I always feel like I'm holding up the line behind me. So I like to just grab the bag and go.

Whoop! Home sweet home.

Almost.

I knew this was trouble…

:sad2:

Oh No…. That sucks.

Pretty much sums it up.

Creative forms of profanity that might be an understatement.

And again, it must all be directed at myself.

He has no idea what you have been through, he is a lucky man.

Luckily I have a lot of experience in holding in my true feelings thanks to my job. I just suppress the anger deep down...deep down...

Oh no, official end to vacation…

:sad:

Love the photo of Drew!

:goodvibes

It was the Bobs from Office Space. :thumbsup2

+1:thumbsup2

"You've been missing a lot of work lately."

"Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

That sounds reasonable.

I'm sure the government will be willing to pony up.

Really? Tim posted it. You can't honestly say that you're surprised, can you? :confused3

You make an excellent point.

Well, at least it is out of your hands now. You did your part and it sounds like there are no regrets. I just hope you get some good news this time around!!

Thanks Andy! The raise that would come with it would certainly be most welcome around these parts!

Well I hope you hear some good news soon! You've been at this promotion thing for a while and deserve a break.

Thanks Alison! You know what they say...the 17th time is the charm.

I am so sad your time at Disneyland and on this vacation has come to an end! Thank you for another exciting and entertaining read!!! Such fun to share in your family's adventures vicariously. Loved all the amazing photos and crazy stories.

I am praying for good news for you about your interview. Hope you hear soon! I am also eagerly anticipating your post about your family's upcoming travel plans.

Your trip reports are so helpful in our planning. My husband is on a mission to try one of those bacon/beef burgers after hearing about it. Sounds pretty great! I can't wait to try the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn. And thanks for the great tip on being at Cars Land at dusk when the lights and music come on. (We are 384 days away from our first DL trip, not that I am obsessively planning/plotting/scheming or anything.)

Oh, and I sooo can relate to the parking lot troubles at the airport... That is exactly something I would do! Yikes.

Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. Missed wishing you good luck on the interview. It sounds like it went well and I'll keep my fingers crossed and prayers going up that you get the job.

I am so sad your time at Disneyland and on this vacation has come to an end! Thank you for another exciting and entertaining read!!! Such fun to share in your family's adventures vicariously. Loved all the amazing photos and crazy stories.

We were all sad it came to an end too! It always happens to quickly. And thank you for the kind words and for reading along.

I am praying for good news for you about your interview. Hope you hear soon! I am also eagerly anticipating your post about your family's upcoming travel plans.

Thank you! No news yet. I alternate between hope and despair. But either way, I'll have that trip to look forward to.

Your trip reports are so helpful in our planning. My husband is on a mission to try one of those bacon/beef burgers after hearing about it. Sounds pretty great! I can't wait to try the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn. And thanks for the great tip on being at Cars Land at dusk when the lights and music come on. (We are 384 days away from our first DL trip, not that I am obsessively planning/plotting/scheming or anything.)

I wouldn't know anything about obsessive planning. :rolleyes1

Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear that these are helpful. That's part of the reason why I write them! We must spread the word on bacon burgers.

Oh, and I sooo can relate to the parking lot troubles at the airport... That is exactly something I would do! Yikes.

Yep, I'm still a moron.

Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. Missed wishing you good luck on the interview. It sounds like it went well and I'll keep my fingers crossed and prayers going up that you get the job.

Thanks Lisa! I appreciate it. Like I said, I don't have any news. I tend to expect the worst. That way I'm never disappointed.

It’s time to fold up the chairs, put away the dishes, and turn out the lights. We’ve reached the end of our Trip Report (be sure to tip your faithful reporter on the way out).

But before we go, I’ll offer up the traditional closing chapter, which typically features some random rambling thoughts, some hastily-arranged top-5 lists, and a preview of what’s to come in the future. In other words, it’ll look exactly like every other chapter to date.

As usual, this was a vacation that involved a lot of driving, seldom resting for more than one night in any one place. I know that sounds exhausting and unappealing to many of you, but we really love it. For us, the choice between sleeping in and doing nothing or going out and seeing spectacular sights and wonders is really no choice at all. I can goof off and do nothing at home. In fact, I frequently do. Just ask Julie. When we’re on the road, we want to explore. We’re driven by the desire not to miss out on seeing something special. If I travel all the way to Arizona, I’m going to make sure I see the Grand Canyon. Sure, it’s tiring, but it’s much better than having regrets later.

Furthermore, we want the kids to have the experiences. Don’t tell them, but this is a big part of their education. They only think they’re on summer break. In reality, we’re just trying to give them a more fun, spectacular, and memorable classroom. I really believe traveling shapes your character as well. I don’t have any scientific proof, but I believe someone who has to deal with the hassles of various modes of transportation learns to be flexible and ready for sudden changes. Someone who experiences various terrains and climates learns to appreciate the variety, and embrace new experiences. And someone who meets people from various locales learns to appreciate the differences in people, and how to be open-minded instead of rushing to judgment.

And, of course, someone who is willing to eat a burger patty made of 50% ground bacon demonstrates a truly refined palate.

Anyway, like I said, I don’t have any proof of the above statements, but they feel right, and now they’re written on a web page, so they must be true.

One thing I definitely know is true: traveling is expensive. We’ve cut and squeezed every dollar from our budget that we could in order to do this. And I have no regrets over doing so.

So, let’s turn our attention to this Southwestern vacation in particular. Much of the American Southwest feels like another planet. The heat, dry air, and rock formations are totally foreign to me as an East-Coast-dweller. As a result, I find the entire region fascinating to visit. I would rank Bryce Canyon, Zion, and of course the Grand Canyon as 3 places you really should not miss. Scenery like that is unique, spectacular, and worth whatever trouble it takes to get there. And anyone who considers themselves a fan of Disney should make the effort to see the original theme park. Just try and take a little more time to appreciate it than we did.

Going into the vacation, we were anxious about how well Baby Drew would hold up, and how difficult he would make life for us while we traveled. Overall, I think Julie and I were pleasantly surprised. Yes, he was up at least twice a night, which was not fun. But he would have done the same thing at home. So we could have been tired at home or tired at the Grand Canyon. I’ll take the latter, thanks. He also got fussy from time to time in the van. But again, this is not unexpected. Eventually, he would fall asleep. Overall, we felt like our fears were largely unfounded. Yes, you have to adjust when traveling with a baby—less hiking, more rests and downtime, and the parents usually have to switch off between activities with the big kids and watching the baby. But I think the larger point is that it can be done. You don’t have to put your life on hold when you have a baby in tow.

Here are my final rankings of our experiences:

Top 6 Spectacular Sights
1. Sunset over Grand Canyon N.P.

2. The night sky at Bryce Canyon N.P.

3. The view from the Canyon Overlook at Zion N.P.

4. Cars Land

5. A plate featuring a 50/50 burger

6. View from the bridge overlooking Hoover Dam

Top 5 Meals
1. Oscar’s Café, Springdale, UT

2. Thee Pitts Again BBQ, Glendale, AZ

3. Slater’s 50/50, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

4. Café Orleans, Disneyland

5. Plaza Inn, Disneyland

Sights I Never Need To See Again
1. Advertising in Las Vegas

2. Baby Drew’s diaper blowouts

3. Myself in the World of Color viewing area with 8,000,000 of my closest friends

4. The airport parking shuttle at BWI

5. Joshua trees

6. An expired, unused Indiana Jones Fastpass

Best Places to Stay
1. Hampton Inn, Springdale, UT

2. The Pointe Tapatio Cliffs, Phoenix, AZ (on a weekday next time)

3. Embassy Suites Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

4. Presidential Suite of the Wingate by Wyndham, Henderson, NV

5. Castle Inn (mostly for proximity to Disneyland), Anaheim, CA

Disneyland Rides Which Are Better Than Their Disney World Counterparts
1. Space Mountain

2. Pirates of the Caribbean

3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

4. Soarin’

5. Grizzly River Rapids

Very Nearly Worth The Cost Of Admission By Itself: Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers

Most Valuable DISFriend on this trip: Alison (duh)

Best Drive: Eastern entrance to Zion National Park through the tunnel

Worst Drive: The road in Joshua Tree National Park

2nd-Worst Drive: I-15 between Rancho Cucamonga and Las Vegas

Surprisingly Enjoyable Drive: the 5 hours from Zion around the Grand Canyon to the South Rim

Best Swimming Pool: The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs, Phoenix, AZ

2nd Best Swimming Pool: Hampton Inn, Springdale, UT

As many of you know, we are on a mission to visit all 50 states as a family. We picked up 4 new states with this vacation, bringing the kids to a grand total of 28. So we’re officially more than halfway there! On the downside, most of them are west of the Mississippi River and there are much greater distances between states out west. We’re going to have to do a couple of big road trips in order to pick up those Midwestern states. But I think we’d like to wait a little longer for Drew to age before we tackle the longer drives.

Here’s our updated map of our travels:

IMG_0678%255B1%255D.JPG

This brings us to the plan for Summer 2015. As I mentioned, we are still reluctant to tackle trips with several days of back-to-back long drives until Drew gets a little older. And we’re still hampered in our funding by having only one steady income and my yet-to-be-promoted status.

We decided to take another fairly long flight this year in order to take advantage of the last year in which Baby Drew flies for free. That way, I only have to pay for 5 tickets. I’m also getting better at using Priceline and Hotwire to get better deals on hotel rooms. They don’t typically tell you the name of the hotel where you are getting the deal until you book it, but if you read through the ratings and features carefully you can usually figure it out. I’ve been trying to book 2 or 3 per month that way in order to spread the costs out. The downside of that approach is that it’s non-refundable, but our plane tickets are already bought so we’re committed anyway. Spreading the costs out month by month and paying slowly in advance will help us in the long run, I think.

As most of you figured out from my very subtle hints, our primary destination is Yellowstone National Park. I had the fortune of visiting twice when I was a child, and the entire area contained in Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P. is one of my favorite places on earth. I can’t wait for the rest of the family to see it.

One of the big things I’m looking forward to is staying in the Old Faithful Inn. Before we’d even planned this trip, I had called last summer to see if I could get a room. I knew that in order to get in, we needed to make reservations at least a year in advance. It’s similar to the Grand Canyon that way—rooms get booked very quickly. When Julie and I kicked the idea around, we figured it wouldn’t hurt to have the reservation in hand, knowing we could always cancel it later.

The Old Faithful Inn is the building that served as the primary inspiration for the Wilderness Lodge at Disney World, so you can imagine why I was drawn to it. If you’re willing to “rough it” a bit, it’s also one of the best deals you can find. If you get a room in the historic wing, there’s no air-conditioning, no TV, and you have to share a bathroom with other guests. For being willing to do that, you can stay right next to the Old Faithful geyser for a little over $100 a night. Looking at temperatures, it doesn’t appear that we need air-conditioning. Who needs a TV when you can see geysers? And Julie and I both survived living in college dorms, so the shared bathroom thing doesn’t faze us. Much better than shelling out $200 or $300/night in the rest of the area.

We’ll be doing another tour of some of the most famous National Parks of the west. This will be our first trip since 2011 that has no Disney element whatsoever, though. I fear we may suffer some withdrawal. We have been leaning heavily on Jill (@jedijill ) as our resident DISFriend for this vacation, as she is in the Denver area.

Here’s the plan:

Wednesday: Fly from Philadelphia to Denver, Colorado. Explore Denver—maybe a Colorado Rockies game?

Thursday: Colorado Springs, CO. Climb to the summit of Pikes Peak (either by driving or by cog railway—Jill says we should drive), visit Garden of the Gods.

Friday: Rocky Mountain National Park. Stay in Vail, CO area.

Saturday: visit Colorado National Monument and possibly Black Canyon of the Gunnison N.P. Stay in Grand Junction, CO area.

Sunday: Canyonlands National Park. Stay in Moab, UT.

Monday: Arches National Park. Still in Moab.

Tuesday: Drive to Idaho Falls, ID.

Wednesday: Visit Craters of the Moon National Monunment, then head east. Stay in Jackson, WY.

Thursday: Grand Teton N.P. Check in for the evening at Old Faithful Inn.

Friday: Yellowstone N. P.

Saturday: Yellowstone N. P.

Sunday: Drive to Vernal, UT.

Monday: Visit Dinosaur National Monument. Drive back to Denver.

Tuesday: Fly home.

This trip should pick up 4 new states for us: Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and a little tiny piece of Montana. And we’ll be seeing a new side of Utah as well. I get the feeling the annual National Park pass will be a good investment once again. I did hear that the President announced all 4th graders would receive a free family annual pass to National Parks this year, which made me excited because Scotty will graduate to the 4th grade in June. However, it appears this program will not be available until the next school year, so, like most recent government initiatives, it really won’t do me any good.

In any case, I’m in the middle of grabbing hotel reservations and finding organic/health-conscious/vegan restaurants for our meals, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, please fire away!

I’m sure I will attempt another Trip Report on this one. Since there is no Disney element involved, I will most likely post it on the DIS Dads boards (under Family) here.

Once again, thank you for being such faithful readers and being willing to suffer along as I relate our family’s misadventures. I really enjoy telling the stories, and I especially enjoy the conversations that follow. So, I bid you a fond adieu (does anybody really say that?) until next time, and I leave you with one last piece of wisdom:

Never criticize a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you’ll be a mile away and he’ll have to chase after you in his socks.

I really wanted to comment and tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your report. We are making a half hearted attempt to get our kids to all 50 states as well (half-hearted b/c there were some places/experiences we loved so much that we are considering repeating them and just giving our kids a "good start" on all 50 - and, also, we can't seem to stop ourselves from visiting Florida every year for spring break). I also loved your Hawaii report!

I was posting as you were posting your final wrap up! We are going to Yellowstone this summer ... we booked two nights at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge last summer ... and then booked the rest of our trip around those dates. I can't wait to read about your trip! We are driving from Michigan and will be taking a northern route through North Dakota & Montana.

We’ve reached the end of our Trip Report (be sure to tip your faithful reporter on the way out).
Here's a tip... make sure you keep the car keys in your pocket.

Don’t tell them, but this is a big part of their education.
Suckers...

And, of course, someone who is willing to eat a burger patty made of 50% ground bacon demonstrates a truly refined palate.
And slightly clogged arteries.

Anyway, like I said, I don’t have any proof of the above statements, but they feel right, and now they’re written on a web page, so they must be true.
If it's on the internet it is always true, most of the time.

Yes, you have to adjust when traveling with a baby—less hiking, more rests and downtime, and the parents usually have to switch off between activities with the big kids and watching the baby. But I think the larger point is that it can be done. You don’t have to put your life on hold when you have a baby in tow.
I applaud your effort. I still say you're nuts, but I'm glad to see you persevered and had a good trip with Drew in tow.

4. Café Orleans, Disneyland

5. Plaza Inn, Disneyland
I should have made food a higher priority at Disneyland. We were just focused on the rides. Food was a minor detail.

Sights I Never Need To See Again
1. Advertising in Las Vegas
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

6. An expired, unused Indiana Jones Fastpass
:sad2:

Disneyland Rides Which Are Better Than Their Disney World Counterparts
1. Space Mountain

2. Pirates of the Caribbean

3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
That's a stretch. The dynamite, yes. But overall, I think I still like MK better.

5. Grizzly River Rapids
This should be number one. Not because it is better than Space Mountain... but because it is so exponentially much better than Kali River Rapids that is isn't even hardly fair to compare the 2.

This brings us to the plan for Summer 2015. As I mentioned, we are still reluctant to tackle trips with several days of back-to-back long drives until Drew gets a little older. And we’re still hampered in our funding by having only one steady income and my yet-to-be-promoted status.
Still no news, huh? :sad2:

We decided to take another fairly long flight this year in order to take advantage of the last year in which Baby Drew flies for free. That way, I only have to pay for 5 tickets.
Good call. Again, it is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, but I wish you luck. :thumbsup2

As most of you figured out from my very subtle hints, our primary destination is Yellowstone National Park. I had the fortune of visiting twice when I was a child, and the entire area contained in Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P. is one of my favorite places on earth. I can’t wait for the rest of the family to see it.
Awesome! I'm sure you'll all have a great time. More Jr Ranger badges?

Explore Denver—maybe a Colorado Rockies game?
Isn't that a Man Law??? If you're in town and there's a baseball game...

However, it appears this program will not be available until the next school year, so, like most recent government initiatives, it really won’t do me any good.
Figures. :crazy2:

finding organic/health-conscious/vegan restaurants for our meals
throne_of_lies_elf.gif

Once again, thank you for being such faithful readers and being willing to suffer along as I relate our family’s misadventures. I really enjoy telling the stories, and I especially enjoy the conversations that follow.
Thank you! Your TR's are always fun to read, and I look forward to learning about Yellowstone!

In any case, I’m in the middle of grabbing hotel reservations and finding organic/health-conscious/vegan restaurants for our meals, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, please fire away!

This is a joke, right? :faint: You're scaring me! :rotfl2:

Soooooooo - I need to go back and figure out what I missed. I thought I had caught up a little better, but apparently not!

Loved your recap - your favorites and those things you hope you never have to see again. What an awesomely great adventure for your family.

Great idea to take advantage of Drew still flying free. This summers trip looks like a lot of fun. I am sure you will love Yellowstone. The only time I tried to visit Yellowstone it was closed. Yeah - I bet you didn't think THAT was possible. I was skiing in Jackson Hole and we drove out there only to find out that Yellowstone closes (or at least the entrance where we were) for a week or two between winter and spring. Nice.

How great that you can take a nice long two week vacation. That is awesome. I look forward to reading all about it. ::yes::

OK - NOW I think I really am caught up. I had to go back and read about WOC. But first - wow - those cars pictures are fabulous. Your low light (dusk) pictures really captured the magic. I love them all.

Oh My - I can't believe you kids were still going strong after WOC. Well, all except for Dave. I'm so happy you were able to get him out of the line without any problem. It must have been so cool to ride Matterhorn at night.

So once again - thanks for an awesome TR. Now I want to sit down and plan my DL vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter