• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I wish they had these dresses on people or at least mannequins. It’s so hard to say if the dress would look good on… it might be really cute on and the pictures just don’t it justice. Idk, it looks kind of looks like a costume for CBJ or the like.

Lots of new stuff on ShopDisney!

Orange Bird Woven Shirt for Adults – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary $59.99 Link

I really like the colors, the print has a nice retro vibe going on.
1654015511286.png

Orange Bird Smock Top for Women – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary $36.99 Link
1654015562142.png

Hi y’all!
So I didn’t like the orange bird dress at first, but then saw it in person and it wasn’t as appalled…then started thinking of my Granny’s accessories and whatnot I used to play with when I was younger so started digging the 1940’s vibe it has…..so I broke down and got it.
It’s huge but belt is a small so it’s a bit weird, and arm holes seem tighter than what I expected but still like it. Plan on getting a pair of Mary Jane pumps to go with it
32160B3B-5B77-415B-90A1-0DB2BEC378C3.jpeg

During our trip in May I picked up 2 more World Showcase skirts. I love these things more than most the dresses…3D01B599-8348-4924-B1C7-4C33FE142CF1.jpegA553F0E6-0421-463F-B372-B718A30C7EDE.jpeg4A228024-1EE1-4FBD-805E-A7FC6C6613A1.jpeg

Then was able to snag this Mary Blair skirt for a steal on mecari….bit tight but will make it work
EE0A109C-CC96-4488-8A2C-F8A4D7D240A6.jpeg00164194-0451-4FDF-989B-7292C8D25F8A.jpeg00164194-0451-4FDF-989B-7292C8D25F8A.jpeg

1B9084DC-B2A8-4DC3-B0A3-86B88FD8EFB0.jpeg

The Commuters! I have the dress version - love that print! Pinup Girl Clothing used to sell quite a few dresses and skirts with great Mary Blair prints and you can sometimes still find them on resale sites (though it's a challenge - sounds like you lucked out!)

The Commuters! I have the dress version - love that print! Pinup Girl Clothing used to sell quite a few dresses and skirts with great Mary Blair prints and you can sometimes still find them on resale sites (though it's a challenge - sounds like you lucked out!)
I had a small credit on mecari so was only out of pocket like $25!! I was ecstatic!!

Hi y’all!
So I didn’t like the orange bird dress at first, but then saw it in person and it wasn’t as appalled…then started thinking of my Granny’s accessories and whatnot I used to play with when I was younger so started digging the 1940’s vibe it has…..so I broke down and got it.
It’s huge but belt is a small so it’s a bit weird, and arm holes seem tighter than what I expected but still like it. Plan on getting a pair of Mary Jane pumps to go with it
View attachment 679012

During our trip in May I picked up 2 more World Showcase skirts. I love these things more than most the dresses…View attachment 679013View attachment 679015View attachment 679014

Then was able to snag this Mary Blair skirt for a steal on mecari….bit tight but will make it work
View attachment 679016View attachment 679017View attachment 679017

View attachment 679018
You look amazing!! Those are some great finds!! Thank you for sharing 😃

Got the Main Street Electrical Parade dress in mail today. Runs big, especially in chest. It’s a nice dress though. Thin material so nice in summer and has deep pockets. The sash is the killer on this. Took forever to try to get it to look decent. Back of bodice is elastic. Straps have 2 buttons on each so adjustable. Ignore me, got covid so very blah…(I’m on back end of it thankfully) it even looks like I’m standing crooked but oh well…

CAD774B1-3E2F-4A07-8853-33DC0C673716.jpeg

I tried on the new 50th dress and the green orange bird dress.

The 50th is pretty typical of the Dress Shop dresses to date - meaning soft material, quality feel , etc.. If the pockets were inset instead of in front it would be fantastic. I like the top - similar to the original Belle dress! - and the fit and will be keeping it. Need to figure out belt - how/where to tie it or consider a different one....
A.jpg

The green dress I REALLY REALLY wanted to like. I like the style of the sleeves/stop The material felt more 'cotton' like and I hated the fit, so this will be going back. (although the fit actually looks better in the picture than it does in person IMO.)
B.jpg

Side note: ANYONE who is a small, size 3/4, or 5/6, I have several semi formal, fancy, and formal dresses and gowns - either never worn or worn once (literally for 2 hours) - dont ask. If you have an interest or need (or your daughters do), PM me. Will always take care of my peeps..... 8-) ANyone who is a dancer or a dance mom - you know what I mean!

How does the sizing run? I've lost 60 pounds and typical size a 4/6 and size small in shirts. I bought some tanks and shorts off shop disney. One of tanks small way too big and the other was tight. I'm finding disney stuff not consistent. I want to buy myself and 7 year old daughter dresses on our next trip.

How does the sizing run? I've lost 60 pounds and typical size a 4/6 and size small in shirts. I bought some tanks and shorts off shop disney. One of tanks small way too big and the other was tight. I'm finding disney stuff not consistent. I want to buy myself and 7 year old daughter dresses on our next trip.
I think you'll be OK with a small.

If you have any question about size (esp if you fall in between their sizes on the chart), buy 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't work. It does depend on which dress you buy. I find most of "The Dress Shop" ones to be pretty consistent in sizing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter