The dream my heart wished coming true Oct 2013

Joining in! :wave2: I know exactly what you mean by "glazed over eyes" thank goodness for Dis! I needed an outlet before I drove all my friends mad!

LOVE the shirts by the way! I like that they match, are themed, but also subtle!

Hmmm... Did someone say Jalepeno pretzel??? Mmmmm... Yes - for sure a must do food at AK!

I love your AK shirts! They turned out fantastic!

FOLK is a must do - and in case you haven't heard my favorite tip (hey, I invented it... along with the Target GC discount - but that's a different story) - SIT at the BACK... then you can lean back on the back of the risers... otherwise it's hugely uncomfortable. :)

We have only eaten at FTBBQ once, and I remember it being good - but filling. The Jalepeno pretzel makes a good lunch too. LOL

D~

Well - I will put that pretzel on the list to try. Just snacking might be a better choice throughout the day since we are going to have such a big meal for dinner.

With my fiance's back bothering him at times, I will aim for the back - thanks for the tip. Can you tell me more about the Target GC discount - anything to save a buck.

Joining in! :wave2: I know exactly what you mean by "glazed over eyes" thank goodness for Dis! I needed an outlet before I drove all my friends mad!

LOVE the shirts by the way! I like that they match, are themed, but also subtle!

Thank you - I was skeptical about the shirts when I started out, but I think they turned out pretty well.

I just don't understand why all my close friends, random people in line at the grocery story, the neighbor's cat, the telemarketer, the newspaper boy don't all want a play-by-play report on every detail of my trip.

A glimmer of hope...

While I was making dinner, my son was reading off the list of F&W choices (thanks for the tip of looking it up - I had no idea that something like that would be published).

What was that, a small spark of interest in my fiance? Why, yes, yes it was.

19 Days - so excited!!!:banana:

Well - I will put that pretzel on the list to try. Just snacking might be a better choice throughout the day since we are going to have such a big meal for dinner.

With my fiance's back bothering him at times, I will aim for the back - thanks for the tip. Can you tell me more about the Target GC discount - anything to save a buck.

Sure!!!

So, about 2 years ago, Target started carrying random Gift Cards for different stores (like most stores do now)... The day we got them in, I noticed a Disney GC! :woohoo: Hmmm... I wonder... :scratchin So, I grabbed one, gave it to one of my Team Members and asked her to scan it... Then I gave her my employee number... Sure enough - I was able to get my employee discount on the GC, which made every $50 GC = $45. Awesome right? And this pertains to you how? Well, Target also has a Target Debit card and a Target Credit Card... If you have either of those - it allows you 5% off of every single transaction every day... So, each Disney GC for you would cost $47.50. Target also does Pharmacy rewards - so for every 10 prescriptions you fill - you get a 5% off shopping pass... Now this is a stacking discount - so, if you stack it with your Target card discount, it works out to somthing wonky like a savings of 9.5% But it all adds up to free $$ in the end. :thumbsup2 There are a few people that are excluded from the Pharmacy rewards - mainly federal employees - which my DH is, but thankfully my BFF isn't - so she shares with me when she has one (which is totally allowed - it's the individual store's disgression, but they do it around here).

Thank you - I was skeptical about the shirts when I started out, but I think they turned out pretty well.

I just don't understand why all my close friends, random people in line at the grocery story, the neighbor's cat, the telemarketer, the newspaper boy don't all want a play-by-play report on every detail of my trip.

Hahhaha... I never understood that either. :laughing:

A glimmer of hope...

While I was making dinner, my son was reading off the list of F&W choices (thanks for the tip of looking it up - I had no idea that something like that would be published).

Oooh - I like glimmers of hope! Even if we have to keep them not sober to make them like Disney. :rolleyes1

D~

I know! I get a little two excited when I find out someone is planning a trio, and then probably overwhelm them! I was at hobby lobby before our last trip and saw a woman in the ribbon section stocking up on red, black, and yellow Mickey looking ribbon, and said, "are you planning a Disney trip?". It turns out she was! We talked Disney for a little a bit, that goodness she wasn't freaked out (or at least his it well!)

A glimmer of hope...

:cool1: Celebrating a spark of interest. I foresee him leading the march around World Showcase.

Yes, we are going to be unfaithful to Mickey and spend a day at Universal Islands of Adventure. My son (and secretly I) are HUGE Harry Potter fans to the point that our last dog was named Hermione. I started reading the books to him when he was little; by the time the 7th book came out, he was impatient with my limited time to read to him and finished the book himself - in a day.

Our only real must do is all things Harry Potter. Everyone has been asking me to have a Butterbeer for them - frankly that does not sound appetizing, but I might have to just so I can report back.

I am sure we will do other things as well. Frankly I find coasters at parks like Six Flags intimidating, and it seems like the coasters at Universal are in this vein too.

I expect we will be done in the afternoon sometime. I think that after that we will have dinner out of the parks and relax - maybe some pool time.

Attire - I was going to make shirts with the Deathly Hallows symbol, but as I was strolling through Kohls, I found these for a great price - basically $8.00 each. Both my son and I will wear ours again, my DF...well probably not. Score! 3 fewer shirts to make. We will be matchy matchy this day though.

I apologize for the lapse in posting - I have been sick.:sick:

Well at least I am getting it over with now rather than in SIX DAYS!!!!

I am terrified that I gave it to someone in my family. DF is definitely grumpy when ill - so that will not help him to embrace the magic. DS seems to ALWAYS get sick on vacation.

Love the shirts and glad you are doing a day at US... I really want to - but every time I look into it - the cost is just so much that I can't justify it for ONE day... Ya know?

It really sucks you are sick - I hope you are better soon... And just as importantly - I hope you didn't give it to anyone else in your family. (((Hugs)))

D~

I hope you're feeling better and not spreading the germs around. I feel like we do that every time one of us gets sick. sometimes I think we need a quarantine room!

I love the Hogwarts shirts!! I read most of the Harry Potter books to the boy I used to nanny (and all of them SEVERAL times for myself) and took him and friends to the movies many times for birthday parties. my DH is not a big reader, but does enjoy the movies. I really want to go back to universal (we haven't been since right after we got married) but I think we'll wait until the girls are a little bigger and can do more things. that will be a lot of fun and give you time for some relaxing by the pool. sounds like a great day to me!

I'll have to check the kohls by me for those shirts! I'm a huge hp fan too :). Have all the books and movies and theater issued posters for the first 5 from my time working at a movie theater. And the Sirius black wanted sign from the lamppost for the third movie. We rearranged our whole trip so my niece and I could totally nerd out for a day at iOa. Can't wait for our trip in April!

I am so glad to hear of other HP nerds. They had the shirts in black too, which I liked better (hmmmm realizing most of my closet is black), but I am strictly avoiding black for the trip - I do not want to cook any more than possible. That is so awesome that you have posters.:thumbsup2 I am jealous.

I plan to get a Ravenclaw shirt and hopefully a lanyard as I need a new lanyard for my ID and keys. At school I have to wear my keys or I lose them under a stack of papers. I have a jeweled lanyard that is missing quite a few jewels and looks quite tacky, but I am holding out.

A couple of years ago, my son dressed up as Harry Potter for Halloween - he really did look like him and his friend dressed up like Luna Lovegood (she is really is like Luna and I love her quirkiness). They are planning a trip May. It's too bad that we didn't realize that each of us was planning a trip. Maybe we could have coincided. Andrew has been friends with this girl since kindergarten and now they are in 8th grade.

Today I dyed my hair, got stamps for postcards, and administered the SATs.

Tomorrow I need to do laundry:laundy:, pack, clean the house, grade a mountain of papers, plan for next week especially for the three sub days. Then it will be two schools days and then we are WDW bound.

Yes, kinda crazy. Our last day is the Magic Kingdom. That was just the way it worked out after consulting the crowd calendars and advice. I guess that means that we are just saving the best for last????

We have an ADR to The Plaza Restaurant for dinner. I don't really remember why now to be completely honest. My son helped choose, so maybe there was something on the menu? I need to ask him.

We are also doing the MNSSHP that night. My son LOVES Halloween, so I think this will be very fun for him.

Must Dos
The Mountains
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Parade
Fireworks

Attire: A Mickey head princess for me, a Halloween Jack Skellington Mickey head for DS, a Grumpy "I don't do matching shirts" for DF. This is a bit of lie, since he is going to...I think.

Awesome! MK should always be your first park and your last park - LOL... My friend Ruth always tells me, that if you don't visit MK as your very last park - it's bad luck. I totally have to vouch for this - as for our March 2012 trip, we did DHS - and it was a mess. So, I think it's a good thing you are doing MK last. ;)

We have yet to eat at the Plaza - I woudl like to - I have heard good things about it. There are so many places I really want to try.

How many days do you have left?

D~

you are getting SO close! how exciting!!

I love your MK shirts--especially jack skellington! we love that movie. we are planning a cruise for 2015 and are planning on going in October so we can do the Halloween party on the boat. I was doing some reading and saw that one of the nights, they show nightmare before Christmas and then afterwards, jack and sally have a M&G. hopefully, they'll still be doing that when we go. i'd love to meet jack and sally!

I like the "no matching" shirt too--very cute!

your plans for the day sound great! I look forward to seeing what you think of the plaza. we'd like to try it sometime too.

We have yet to eat at the Plaza - I woudl like to - I have heard good things about it. There are so many places I really want to try.

How many days do you have left?

D~

I will let you know how the Plaza is. 3 days left...well technically today is pretty much over since it is 11:59...so two.

you are getting SO close! how exciting!!

I love your MK shirts--especially jack skellington! we love that movie. we are planning a cruise for 2015 and are planning on going in October so we can do the Halloween party on the boat. I was doing some reading and saw that one of the nights, they show nightmare before Christmas and then afterwards, jack and sally have a M&G. hopefully, they'll still be doing that when we go. i'd love to meet jack and sally!

I like the "no matching" shirt too--very cute!

your plans for the day sound great! I look forward to seeing what you think of the plaza. we'd like to try it sometime too.

That cruise activity sounds super fun. I have always wanted to do a Disney cruise...maybe some day. :)

only a few more days!!!!:cheer2:

I love all of your shirts, they all look great. Hope you have a GREAT time!

Thank you so much.

Today was a super productive day...it had to be. Well if you count not brushing your hair productive...

I planned and wrote sub plans which took over three hours. Being absent is so much work...well at least it is for an AWESOME reason...disney.

I did laundry. I didn't realize that my DF had actually done all of ours during his days off, so I just had Andrew's and a few things from the last day or two. Dan did not venture into his abyss to try to retrieve DS's laundry...I don't blame him. So I feel pretty lucky to have such a great guy.

Then I packed. Well at least everything I possibly could. I had printed off my list and am checking it twice. I gathered all my documents which had been all neatly accumulated until Dan built shelves in the spare room to store things...which is great but there was a bit of chaos in there...so got everything put away. Did a bit of housework.

Then miscellaneous tasks that must be done before I leave mostly school stuff. Now everything is charging...cameras and kindles and iPods and 3DS and crikey who knows what else. I did buy a couple of outlet things that give you more outlets since hotel rooms might not have two dozen outlets.

So that is why I quite literally never brushed my hair - I threw it in a ponytail this morning and never got around to more. I swear I did brush my teeth though!:blush:

I may reward myself with a pedicure tomorrow afternoon. Then Tuesday will be all the last minute stuff we can....

Now I'm both tired and wide awake...hmmm.:faint::banana: I always have issues with insomnia - I have a feeling the next couple of nights won't be much better. I do get a lot done though.

Yay!!! It sounds like you are pretty much ready!

Super excited for you!!!!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter