• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dream Is So Nice, We Did It Twice!

Yeah, yeah, I know it’s been a while since my last update. I did at least get the 4 day cruise done.
Now for the 3 day segment of the trip report.
While we were on the 4 day, the weather was amazing to the point of absolute perfection. When we got back into port, not so much. Apparently a huge storm had hit the state. The Carnival ship across the port was rumored to have been knocked off its moorings causing a delay in their cruise. Well, the weather had a big effect on our cruise too. But not so much for us.
When we got back on the ship, the crews were furiously cleaning. We took advantage of the empty lobby to get a good shot with Admiral Donald.
IMG_2251.jpg

Then we headed over to guest services to book any and all possible tastings. We were able to get the Mixology class again and that was it. I was not interested in the whiskey tasting thank you very much. We also switched our Palo’s dinner to that night. We didn’t want to eat at the Royal Palace for a third night in a row and we didn’t want to miss our Animator’s Palette night.
The District lounge was supposed to have coffee and pastries for back to backers, so we headed down there to wait for our rooms. Oddly, we were the only ones there though I know there were more back to back people. We waited for a bit, checked out the coolest bathroom ever, and broke a bubble off of Pink. First, the bathroom is circular with circular stalls and mirrored ceilings. We had to check it out every chance we could, but I felt odd taking photos in there. Second, the kids were playing around the bubbles on the outside of Pink. They had walked away when we heard a crash and one of the bubbles came crashing done. We could not get a good idea of what happened but we decided to leave to see if our room was ready. And it was! Yeah Nyooman!
Now most of the other rooms were open for cleaning. We asked Nyooman if we could peek inside. He said sure and even recommended checking out the verandah room at the end. It was set up for wheelchair accessibility and was chock full of space! Though it only had a shower. When we left Nyooman mentioned that the Walt Suite should be clean if we wanted to go up and sneak a peek. Would we? Oh yeah!
Here’s DD5 running through the living room.
IMG_2256.jpg

The very nice bedroom
IMG_2255.jpg

And my favorite part, the Jacuzzi tub with a view!
IMG_2254.jpg

We took a peek in some of the other concierge rooms but none were as amazing as the suite. Since it was raining, we didn’t check out the balcony with the hot tub.
Other people were starting to get on board, so we decided to regroup in our rooms then head to Cabanas for lunch. The lines weren’t bad this time since we were some of the first to get there. It was fun to listen to all the excited people seeing the ship for the first time while we felt like old veterans.
After lunch, we were able to sign DD5 back into the kids club much easier than before. Then we thought about doing the animated picture detective game. Well, with the rain, so did everyone else. Now for a new idea. We hung out in our room for a while. The rain delayed a lot of passengers and the muster drill. The sail away party was brought inside, so we skipped it. I ran into some friends from home who were only doing the three day. I felt bad they had missed so much of their first day because of the weather. We didn’t even realize when we sailed away, but it was very late and without great fanfare.
We dropped the little one off at the kids club and the older kids took off to their club while we headed to Palo’s for dinner. We got Nicole again! We were ready to eat to our hearts content.
I started with the Tuna Carpaccio
IMG_1541.jpg

Then a few of us ordered a double order of the Portobello mushroom appetizer – a favorite!
IMG_1543.jpg

My friend tried the garlic shrimp appetizer, she liked it. I was so so about it.
IMG_1542.jpg

Next we all wanted to try a few of the pastas so Nicole brought us out pasta plates including the mushroom risotto and lobster ravioli.
IMG_1544.jpg

Finally came the main event, the filet. I get the gorgonzola sauce. It is so good!
IMG_1545.jpg

My friend got the fish or chicken in paper. I can’t remember what it was, just that she liked it.
IMG_1546.jpg

And here’s the vegetarian dish. The maître de said it beautifully in Italian, but all I got was it was some sort of bean dish.
IMG_1547.jpg

Now for the really good stuff, the dessert. My favorite, the chocolate soufflé.
IMG_1548.jpg

The pistachio cake was also good.
IMG_1549.jpg

The orange soda dessert was cool, but not very tasty.
IMG_1550.jpg

After dinner, we all went separate ways. DH and I hit the District before getting the kids and going to bed on a very full stomach.
Up next – Princesses rule!

Love the update. I wondered why that Carnival ship has sat there. It was there the night before too.

Glad to get the update

Glad to finally be able to update.

Great report! I'm finally caught up and anxiously awaiting more.....

I will try to do my best to update soon.

Sounds like to b2b was just what the doctor ordered! Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:

The b2b was great. It gave us twice the opportunities to try out Castaway Cay, the shows and the restaurants.

Love the update. I wondered why that Carnival ship has sat there. It was there the night before too.

I heard rumor on board that some people had already got on and were stuck. Not sure if that's true but it probably stunk either way.

oh geez...the food in Palos look great...I'm so dying to eat there ...

Palo's was amazing for both brunch and dinner. DH loved it more than Remy's.

I just love your pirate t-shirts with the mickey ears on top of the scull and cross bones. We are going on the Dream on June 21. Can you tell me, did you make your shirts, get them somewhere? Thanks so much in advance. I am not a wear a pirate costume kind of girl but your shirt I would wear.

PS we live in Sarasota Fl near you.

I just love your pirate t-shirts with the mickey ears on top of the scull and cross bones. We are going on the Dream on June 21. Can you tell me, did you make your shirts, get them somewhere? Thanks so much in advance. I am not a wear a pirate costume kind of girl but your shirt I would wear.

PS we live in Sarasota Fl near you.

I had ordered them from Cafe Press I think, but I can't find them when I go back and look. Though there are some other very cool shirts on that site that would be good too.

My in-law's live in Sarasota!

We're doing a B2B in November, thanks for all the info and tips! :thumbsup2

We're doing a B2B in November, thanks for all the info and tips! :thumbsup2

I'm on one part of your B2B with you! We're doing the 11/19 Turkey day cruise on the Magic. I really want to do a 7 and 7 on the Fantasy next year.

Thanks for the info and the pictures. We are doing the 4/5 night B2B at the end of July. This makes me more excited to go.

Love your trip report! My family and I are booked on the Dream for July 1-5th very excited.....Where did you get the great pirate shirts??? Would love to have them for our pirate night. Thanks.

Love your trip report! My family and I are booked on the Dream for July 1-5th very excited.....Where did you get the great pirate shirts??? Would love to have them for our pirate night. Thanks.

I ordered them from Cafe Press. I searched for mouse skull or mouse pirate. But I looked the other day and couldn't find the same shirt. :confused3 I've had a lot of comments on those shirts.

You mentioned you're a DVC member -- did you happen to attend the member celebration? Just wondering if it's as nice as it used to be, and if they're still giving out all that fun free stuff. I noticed on one of the Navigators recently posted that it's held at 2:30 on embarkation day. Was that the case on your cruise?
Thanks!
Elly

We are doing a Dream B2B in October and your info regarding the process of reboarding has been very helpful.:thumbsup2 We were wondering about customs after the first cruise. Since all your luggage is still onboard the ship, did you declare anything you may have purchased either on the ship or in Nassau? Or did you wait and declare purchases after the second cruise when you had your luggage from the terminal. I realize you may not have purchased enough $$$ to itemize on the forms, just wondering about the process. :surfweb:

You mentioned you're a DVC member -- did you happen to attend the member celebration? Just wondering if it's as nice as it used to be, and if they're still giving out all that fun free stuff. I noticed on one of the Navigators recently posted that it's held at 2:30 on embarkation day. Was that the case on your cruise?
Thanks!
Elly

I did forget to mention I did the DVC member celebration both times. The first time I got a nice bag and the second they seemed to be low on gifts. I got a picture of Beach Club villas. I won the on board credit on a previous cruise, so I always like to go back. Plus, the free champagne is nice. My friend said they tried to pull him into the non member celebration because there were only 4 people in there and he had a great chance at winning the on board credit. But he was on his way to something and couldn't.

We are doing a Dream B2B in October and your info regarding the process of reboarding has been very helpful.:thumbsup2 We were wondering about customs after the first cruise. Since all your luggage is still onboard the ship, did you declare anything you may have purchased either on the ship or in Nassau? Or did you wait and declare purchases after the second cruise when you had your luggage from the terminal. I realize you may not have purchased enough $$$ to itemize on the forms, just wondering about the process. :surfweb:

We filled out the customs forms both times, but we didn't declare anything the first time since we weren't taking anything off the ship.

Loving your TR!!! Thanks for sharing so many details! We will be on the Dream on Sept 1st and cannot wait!

Loving your TR!!! Thanks for sharing so many details! We will be on the Dream on Sept 1st and cannot wait!

It was such a great time. I often find myself just wishing I was there again. You will have a great time.

Nassau – again. And again we stay on board.

I started the day off by running up stairs to grab some pastries and stuff from Cabanas. One of my friends and I decided to try out the dance class in Evolutions with DD5. When we showed up there were other people there with young kids. The CM looked terrified. He asked if only the kids were dancing or if the adults planned to join in. My friend and I jumped up immediately, followed by some other adults and older kids. He looked relieved then. He asked if we wanted to learn a routine from that nights “Villains” show or a more difficult one from “Believe.” We all chose the easier one. Good thing. The CM ran us through part of the opening routine with the ghostlike characters. The kids lost interest quickly and just danced about together. But we took it seriously! My friend and I are in tap class together so we really enjoyed the class. Though it was obvious the CM wanted to get this done so he could get to Nassau and have some fun.

After a brief recovery from the dancing, we decided to go to lunch at the Royal Palace. When we left the restaurant, we walked into a dance party with some of the characters. DH, DD5, and I stayed while the rest of the group took off.

Since our oldest was out and about with her friends, we did the moving pictures detective hunt with the youngest. It is a lot of exercise! You walk from moving picture to moving picture to solve a mystery. I didn’t get a shot of the actual game but here’s another video of a moving picture. This is Minnie Lisa hanging in the art gallery.

As soon as we finished the mystery, I noticed a line of little girls waiting in the lobby. I realized the Princess greeting was about to happen again. We were right near the balcony when the trumpets blared and the princesses came out. DD5 was ecstatic. She begged to get in line. DH ran to the room to get the camera while DD5 and I waited. Since it was a long line, he made it back with plenty of time.

First up, Snow White.

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Next up comes Princess Aurora. In between each Princess, there was usually a small wait while the previous party finished up.

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Then she got to see one of her favorites, Princess Tiana. She made sure to tell Tiana that we named one of our cats after her.

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

Ariel was up next. DD5 never met her at the parks so she wished she had her autograph book with her.

IMG_1566.jpg

Finally we get to meet Cinderella.

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

After this, it was adult time. DD5 went to the club while we met up with our friends for some tastings. First, we headed up to Meridian for the Martini tasting. Then as soon as that was done, we headed downstairs for another Mixology class, this time with the guys. James was teaching again. He was a little surprised to see us again. He said now he had to change up his jokes since we just heard them all.

Once all that drinking was done, we picked up the kids and headed to dinner. It was Animator’s Palette night again! This time the kids sat across from the video screen so they could get a better view. That put DH and I right by the screen. Crush came up to our table again and talked to DH. He asked his name, where he was from, then asked what he had been doing all day. DH said “Drinking!” Crush said “It’s good to stay hydrated, dude!” He then moved on to our friend with a goatee by saying “You with the sea moss on the face, what’s your name?” I guess he didn’t want to risk any non-Disney friendly stuff with the drunk guy. :rolleyes1 The food was great again. I really love the truffle purseittes. But I forgot my camera yet again. I will definitely remember to carry that thing everywhere on our next cruise.

It was pirate night but we decided to skip all the pirate activities. Both kids wanted to do the pirate stuff in their clubs rather than the big one again. Plus, DD5 was very excited about Pluto’s PJ party.

One friend, her DD and I went to see Villains. It was fun to see the dance routine we learned that morning but I wasn't a big fan of the show.

DH, I and a few of our friends hit the clubs for drinks. The girls in the group stayed out for the stunt show in Evolutions with Jeremy and Charlie. They did juggling and bike tricks. One involved one of the guys “falling” off the bike into the audience where he ran into me and pulled out a bra to look like he got it off me. After the show, we stayed to dance but the club was very empty. I’m not sure if it was this empty every night or just on pirate night.

Next up: Castaway Cay again! Now, when I will get to that update is up in the air. I am a lazy trip reporter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter