The Dream is over, but I don't want to wake up...Sailing into a New Year

Nice...uh...short...update. :)

HA! if the readers of this here TR want to read one that moves along faster...check out mine..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51073599#post51073599

hahaha!

Just kidding. Nice updates. Agree on the behind the scenes stuff...that's what makes it fun. I'll have to do that. funny that Daisy was rubbing Donald's shoulders...they obviously know some people watch...I love that they know to stay in character!

Waiting for more. :) :thumbsup2

Hey stop complaining...atleast this update had pictures.:rotfl2:

as for speed....we shall see about that.:moped:

I will be back in the next few days. It's been a rough few weeks.
My youngest daughter is pregnant... Which I have mixed feelings about. Happy to be a grandpa but not happy about the circumstances. Then a few weeks ago my dad passed away.
Between that and work the TR took a back seat.

I've missed your posts on your trip report, but completely understand that you've been dealing with so much right now. I am SOOOO sorry about your father. Please accept my condolences. :(

I remembering reading your TR's from the beginning and remember your daughters as young teenagers! How old are they now? I hope you're hanging in there.

I've missed your posts on your trip report, but completely understand that you've been dealing with so much right now. I am SOOOO sorry about your father. Please accept my condolences. :(

I remembering reading your TR's from the beginning and remember your daughters as young teenagers! How old are they now? I hope you're hanging in there.

Junna the youngest is 20 now. Too young to be a mother and nowhere need mentally prepared for what is about to change her world.

Ok now time for a short update.;)

So where was I ? Oh yeah I was headed for dinner at Palos with a lovely woman on my arm. Don't worry even though it has been awhile now since I last posted I still remember everything. This was a cruise of mostly great memories. Now originally Palo dinner was not in the plans. I was just going to do brunch, but my friend Stef said that she wanted to take us to Palos as a birthday gift to me.
:scratchin Hmmm.. should I take her up on the offer? Well of course I should. Was I nervous about it? Yes I was. We are not fine dining kind of people. Any restaurant that you need more than one fork to eat your meal I tend to avoid
On the other hand this was supposed to be an adventure.
Arriving at Palos the setting was beautiful. We met up with Stef and her mom and were taken to our table. Our server was Matt and he was probably one of the best parts of the evening. I knew I was in trouble when he asked me what kind of water I would like.
My mind went huh??? Is there more than one type of water? Water is water to me, but he said these fancy smancy names. Thankfully Stef knows a thing or two about fine dining so she bailed me out. The great thing about her is she never judges people if they don't know something.
I ordered my first bottle of wine...I'm pretty sure it was the Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon since I had ordered the tenderloin. I also ordered lobster Ravioli and Risotto.
Do you know why I ordered risotto? I watch Hell's Kitchen and always wanted to say I've eaten risotto and now I can. Kiyomi ate some kind of fish and oysters. The cheese trolley thing came out....I'm sure it has some fancy name. The cheese was pretty amazing, though some of them were sharper than I am used to.
Up to this point the food was good, but nothing like super outstanding. The service was amazing and Matt was very patient with me and not understanding some things. Then it came....Heaven in the form of a chocolate souffle. :artist:A masterpiece. I could have eaten a few more, but I had to remember where I was. After dinner we thanked Matt. I gave him what I think was a great tip.....who knows....I wasn't sure of etiquette. We then stopped by the wine cellar window next door to look at that crazy price bottle of wine. Then it was off to the Pirate party in a tie.

Sorry no pictures....I was afraid to take pictures in Palos. Overall dinner was a wonderful experience that I would do again with the right company like Stef and her mom, but on my own probably not. I'm just not cut out for fine dining without guidance. I will probably never do Remys as I would be so nervous I couldn't move. I will end this update by saying we did Palo brunch a couple of days later and it was a whole different experience.

Glad to see you back, sorry about the tough times, I'm sure your daughter will do fine:goodvibes

Just wanted to comment on the last photo, hope your shoes matched your bag:rotfl2:

I've just found your TR (I searched for New Year's Eve in the DCL TR's) and have thoroughly enjoyed reading so far.

Sorry you've experienced some rough times lately, but hopefully things are looking up a little now. :hippie:

Yea, you are back. Sorry about the tough times:(

You beat Drew to it! He is in his last two days of this job (one of which is flying home tomorrow). Soooo, we might have an update soon. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise!

While you land lubbers have been taking a vacation it seems more things have gone missing on the ship. I'm missing a gold pocket watch given to me by Davy Jones himself. Smee is missing his teddy bear. We need to catch this scalliwag soon before the whole ship is scuttled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter