The Dream is over, but I don't want to wake up...Sailing into a New Year

Wow. I almost filled up a whole page with my replies. Good to know we are in a competition. Did I agree to the Drink of The Day contest? If I did...are you sure I wasn't drunk when I agreed to that? I don't know if I can handle the pressure. Quiltteddy becomes mean when I get snippy in my TR's...so you know I have to avoid that.

I thought I had figured out who the criminal was. Now I'm not sure anymore...and when Donald got cooked I was like :crazy2: who would eat Donald?????

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

DZ

You agreed by process of elimination. Two people who are writing a TR.... Both of whom need a little inspiration to update and frankly get to the end... Thus a friendly little wager in which I will of course be the victor.:cool1:

Wally and Drew...you 2 are cracking me up!!! :rotfl2: I wish you all lived closer to me!! My hubs and I could use some friends like you!! :rotfl:
Now both of you have some writing to do!!

You agreed by process of elimination. Two people who are writing a TR.... Both of whom need a little inspiration to update and frankly get to the end... Thus a friendly little wager in which I will of course be the victor.:cool1:
I see. Agreement by not agreeing. I like your thinking. Now...how can I take advantage of that!

Wally and Drew...you 2 are cracking me up!!! :rotfl2: I wish you all lived closer to me!! My hubs and I could use some friends like you!! :rotfl:
Now both of you have some writing to do!!
hahaha! and the funny part is...to keep up you actually have to read *both* reports. How can I possible work on my TR...I have to keep up with answering questions and pestering the slow TR writers of the world....er....oops! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok just had to jump in here to say loving the trip report right from the start, but now with the little drink of the day wager it has made this a much more entertaining ride. Just a quick mention of the whole birthday debacle I'm sure she made it up in spades. How nice of you to mention the body products they are the best I must agree with the wife. Very nice touch. One more quick mention would have loved loved loved receiving your FE gift. What a wonderful touch to bring in some wonderful learning experiences from a world away. If by chance you have any extra this little Canadian girl would luv a surprise gift from a far away place. Keep up the great job and I hope you get a chance to slow down a bit with the new position at work. Take care. Can't wait to hear more.

Ok just had to jump in here to say loving the trip report right from the start, but now with the little drink of the day wager it has made this a much more entertaining ride. Just a quick mention of the whole birthday debacle I'm sure she made it up in spades. How nice of you to mention the body products they are the best I must agree with the wife. Very nice touch. One more quick mention would have loved loved loved receiving your FE gift. What a wonderful touch to bring in some wonderful learning experiences from a world away. If by chance you have any extra this little Canadian girl would luv a surprise gift from a far away place. Keep up the great job and I hope you get a chance to slow down a bit with the new position at work. Take care. Can't wait to hear more.

I enjoyed putting together the FE gift. Will I do it again... Well you will just have to wait and see. No extras at the moment. Which part did you like the best?

GOODMORING CREW. I WOKE UP FEELING PRETTY GOOD AS WE DOCKED HERE IN NASSAU. TWO REASONS...I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR ANYMORE COMANDS FROM THAT SO CALLED ADMIRAL DONALD AND I KNOW THERE IS A PIRATE MUSEUM HERE IN NASSAU. I CAN POSSIBLY REPLACE ME FAVORITE MUSTACHE COMB. NOW I'M HEADED ASHORE, BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD INVESTIGATE DECK FOUR ON THE RUNNING TRACK. A CREW MEMBER REPORTED STRANGE WET FOOT PRINTS ON THE WOODEN SURFACE EARLY THIS MORNING. THE STRANGE PART WAS THAT THEY SEEMED TO APPEAR AND DISAPPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE.

:rotfl:Ok everyone this update will be short and pictureless, but I have to keep up with the Zells.

It's pictureless because like I said I am not a big fan of Nassau. Now to be fair to Nassau I haven't seen that much of the island on my two visits there. This is not the islands fault, but rather my wifes fault. Any guesses as to what she wants to do when we dock in Nassau???

S H O P P I N G

Wally=not a fan of shopping.

I would love to see the Pirate museum or the zoo and Flamingo show or have a tropical drink at a local bar, but this time would prove no different.....shops. One strange thing was that there were alot of parade stands/seats on the main streets. No idea why...must have had some festival before or after we were there. The stands did block city hall and pictures would have been a waste.

To summarize our day in Nassau we went into shop after shop after shop. Kiyomi bought some expensive perfume. I bought a rootbeer....I can only get Aand W here and that Hines looked great. We also bought some gifts for friends. At one point we debated on a taxi to the other side of the island where that fancy smancy hotel is, but in the end decided against it.
We went into a cheap duty free liquor shop and I really wanted to buy some rum there, but the bottles were huge and o way I could finish it before getting back to Florida. So I thought it would be a waste.....maybe on a 7 night trip and with Drew there to help me. :hippie:

I will say a few things about the time we were there....The straw market was in much better shape than the tent that it was last time. The locals were not as pushy as last time with their Island goods made in China. Maybe one of these days I will getto actually experience Nassau, but for this trip we were back on the ship just before two and just in time for lunch.

Net up...a quick pack your plate lunch and some wonderful time with my wife as the rest of our group heads back into Nassau and we stay onboard.

:rotfl:Ok everyone this update will be short and pictureless, but I have to keep up with the Zells.

Um...sorry. this is not an update. No credit. :rotfl2:

I really wanted to buy some rum there, but the bottles were huge and o way I could finish it before getting back to Florida. So I thought it would be a waste.....maybe on a 7 night trip and with Drew there to help me.

Two words: I'm in. :thumbsup2

Back on the DREAM, it was time to eat lunch. I'm kind of a cheapskate so why would I pay for lunch off the ship when there is plenty of free food on the ship. It was probably about 1:45-1:50 when we walked into Cabanas. They were already covering some of the service areas. :confused3

What??? The staff said that they would close in about 15 minutes. :scared1:What do you do.....well we went ito hyper drive. We grabbed plates left and right and filled them up with whatever was closest.:woohoo: By the time we were done the table had about 20 plates of food for the group. I wish I would have taken a picture of the mountain of shrimp on my plate. Not a single shrimp survived. This reminds me that at the end of this TR I will include a pile of pictures from my friends cameras. Maybe one of them took a picture of the table.

It was with full bellys that Maki,Hidemi,Tomo and Shuichi headed back into Nassau. Kiyomi and I decided it was a perfect time to enjoy the aquaduck. She had yet to ride it and the line seemed reasonable. So back to our room we went to change into our swimsuits. :banana:

Arriving back at our room, Kiyomi was very happy to see that our Room Host had left some extra blankets as well as lot's of extra bath products. There were also our Pirate Night's bandanas for dinner....we wouldn't need them as we had reservations for dinner at Palos, but now our toy poodles wear them.

There were also a couple of FE gifts to get us ready for New Years.

I took a couple of pictures of our view of Nassau while Kiyomi changed into her bikini.

Then it was off to ride the Aquaduck. Like I said the line wasn't bad at all, but don't be fooled. There are stairs and a hidden line in that funnel. All in all we waited no more than 10-15 minutes to ride on this day. we got to ride 3 times before moving on. Here are some photos. Excuse the big, shirtless pics of me. I don't mean to scare you.

Yes that beautiful woman is with me. Why? you ask....I have no idea.:confused3

continued next post

After climbing those stairs to the Aquaduck three times it was time to relax in the Adult's only area. I got an iceccream cone followed by a drink of the day.

Kiyomi just wanted to fill up her beer mug with a dark beer.

We then got into the hot tubs with the glass bottom. we had one to ourselves as the adult's area was not crowded at all.

We also enjoyed some time in the pool. Becareful that thing is deeper than it looks.

Time passed by quickly and we noticed the sun start to go down.

It was time to go get dressed. We had a show to go to and Dinner at Palos.

Now just a quick note about the Adult's only area. I have read many complaints on Dis about the location and ow there are kids in that area all the time. For me yes some kids passed through, but it was exactly that....just passing through. Maybe I have a higher tolerance being a parent and teacher, but they never bothered me at all.

Next up a show and a dinner

Well, now I need to see a picture of your dogs with their bandanas on! I have so many of the bandanas, I don't know what to do with them. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing more.:)

Joined in and waiting to read how the rest of the trip goes and figure out that dang mystery. That and I need something to help pass the time til' the end of May gets here. :hourglass
O and I went back and read your last TR since there was a backstory. Who can pass up a good backstory?

Joined in and waiting to read how the rest of the trip goes and figure out that dang mystery. That and I need something to help pass the time til' the end of May gets here. :hourglass
O and I went back and read your last TR since there was a backstory. Who can pass up a good backstory?

Welcome aboard. :cheer2:

Joining in a little late!
Your FE gifts look fun. My dad has traveled to Japan a few times for work. He brought back some different flavored Kit-Kats once. Definitely enjoyed those!

Joining in a little late!
Your FE gifts look fun. My dad has traveled to Japan a few times for work. He brought back some different flavored Kit-Kats once. Definitely enjoyed those!

Yeah the Green Tea Kit Kat and Red Bean Kit Kat are not to my liking, but I do like the mushroom powder Kit Kat.

Ok so it seems Drew has disappeared again and you folks need entertaining, so I decided to pull ahead on our little competition and give you and update.:thumbsup2 You are welcome!!

After swimming, we had an eventful evening to get ready for. The evening's show was Villain's Tonight. It was also Pirate night, but we would be missing the Pirate Night menu as we had a dinner in Palos to go to.
We went back to the room to get all fancied up for the evening.

In the room we had the next day's Navigator waiting along with a confused elephant. He couldn't decide if it was still Christmas or New Years eve.

There were also some FE gifts to sort through.

This is my lovely wife all dressed up and beautiful for Palos.

She insisted that I take a picture of her shoe bows.

After getting dressed we were off to watch the evening's show. We walked into the theater and looked around for our group. We spotted them on the second row. There were still plenty of seats for Kiyomi, Stef and I to join them. Now me personally I prefer a little higher up in the theater. I find about mid way up gets the best view, but everyone seemed to want to sit as close as possible. We ended up sitting in these same seats for every show.

Now I have read reviews of Villains Tonight her on Disboards. Mostly negative to mediocre reviews. My personal opinion is that it is a good show. I enjoyed the comedy of the story and felt the cast did a great job. I didn't understand some of the "current" humor like a joke about Miley Cyrus, but that's because I have been living in Japan for so long. When the show was done the group went up to Deck 11 to watch the Mickey's Pirates of the Caribbean show. Kiyomi and I on the other hand had an 8:00 ressie at Palos and we couldn't watch the whole show. Instead we went up to the less crowded deck 12. We stood near the stairs near the stage. I LOVED this spot and I will tell you why....soon...but first some pictures.

Here is why I like that spot. You can see behind the curtains as the characters wait to go onstage. It was the small behind the scenes things that we enjoyed most. Like Daisy giving Donald a shoulder massage before his big entrance or the cast getting into Pirate mode.

Next up:Getting lost, a birthday dinner from a friend and ....which fork do I use???

Nice...uh...short...update. :)

HA! if the readers of this here TR want to read one that moves along faster...check out mine..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51073599#post51073599

hahaha!

Just kidding. Nice updates. Agree on the behind the scenes stuff...that's what makes it fun. I'll have to do that. funny that Daisy was rubbing Donald's shoulders...they obviously know some people watch...I love that they know to stay in character!

Waiting for more. :) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter