The dream christmas cruise dec 2-6 2012

My wife and I will be flying down and spending a night at a Disney resort. We then want to get up bright and early on Sunday and grab a ride to the port early to see if we can snag any upgrades. Our first cruise, so it's going to be an experience. =)

Happy Limo has a $250 round-trip minivan that seats five people. If we can get another couple or couple + kid, that would make the per-person price really cheap. Plus it will be much more convenient.

Anyone interested in doing this? Sharing a 9am ride on Sunday from Disney to Port Canaveral?

I HAVE A QUESTION, YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUNDAY. WE ARE 7 IN OUR GROUP INCLUDING 2 KIDS. ONE IS 9 AND OTHER 16. IM STILL TRYING TO ARRANGE A RIDE. USUALLY WE TAKE DISNEY BUT THATS ABOUT $500 FOR THE 7 OF US. WE ARE STAYING AT SARATOGA RESORT. MAYBE IF YOU CANT GET A SMALLER GROUP YOU AND US COULD GO TOGETHER. LET ME KNOW:thumbsup2

I HAVE A QUESTION, YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUNDAY. WE ARE 7 IN OUR GROUP INCLUDING 2 KIDS. ONE IS 9 AND OTHER 16. IM STILL TRYING TO ARRANGE A RIDE. USUALLY WE TAKE DISNEY BUT THATS ABOUT $500 FOR THE 7 OF US. WE ARE STAYING AT SARATOGA RESORT. MAYBE IF YOU CANT GET A SMALLER GROUP YOU AND US COULD GO TOGETHER. LET ME KNOW:thumbsup2

Well, we can rent a chauffeured minivan with a luggage trailer. So all the luggage is put in the trailer and up to 14 people can fit into the minivan. Total is $462 round-trip, which we'd be willing to pay 1/3rd of. So cost to you would be $308, plus tip.

What time were you thinking of leaving for the port? We wanted to get an early start and try to snag an upgrade if it's available, so we were thinking of leaving at 9am to get to the port by 10am.

Let me know. Getting chauffeured to and from the port appeals to me greatly.

well, we can rent a chauffeured minivan with a luggage trailer. So all the luggage is put in the trailer and up to 14 people can fit into the minivan. Total is $462 round-trip, which we'd be willing to pay 1/3rd of. So cost to you would be $308, plus tip.

What time were you thinking of leaving for the port? We wanted to get an early start and try to snag an upgrade if it's available, so we were thinking of leaving at 9am to get to the port by 10am.

Let me know. Getting chauffeured to and from the port appeals to me greatly.

where are you staying. Im assuming they would make a quick stop at liquor store. I usually take my own rum on board. Disney allows you to bring your own liquor. I could also see if we could get up grade too.

where are you staying. Im assuming they would make a quick stop at liquor store. I usually take my own rum on board. Disney allows you to bring your own liquor. I could also see if we could get up grade too.

My apologies, deernut, we're going to have to back out. My wife made plans to visit some friends of hers in central Florida, and to do that we're going to have to rent a car. So we won't be using Happy Limos after all.

I'd highly recommend it for your family. A 10-passenger chauffeured minivan is $322 round trip, plus tips. A lot more convenient than the Disney bus.

Any adults want to split a Serenity Bay cabana on Castaway Cay? My wife and I would like to get one but are balking at the $400 price. Up to six people can share a cabana, so if more people want to band together we can get a cabana really cheap.

For the price you get: Your own private beach, towels, chairs, hammocks, unlimited free soda and snacks, a cold-water shower, and a great view. Seems well worth it to me if we can split the cost with someone.

Anyone game?

my apologies, deernut, we're going to have to back out. My wife made plans to visit some friends of hers in central florida, and to do that we're going to have to rent a car. So we won't be using happy limos after all.

I'd highly recommend it for your family. A 10-passenger chauffeured minivan is $322 round trip, plus tips. A lot more convenient than the disney bus.

looks like im going to be calling happy limo.

This will be our family's third cruise but I just learned about the FE. Is there enough interest. We are interested if there is!

Anyone booked for this trip. We will have our 4 year old twins with us. Any suggestions on lodging the day before? We will be flying into Orlando on Saturday.

We typically stay at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. It is an easy 10 minute drive to the cruise terminal. There are also a couple of other hotels in the same area.

While you are waiting that night, you can always hit Ron Jon surf shop about 10 minutes south of the hotel.

I might be interested if i knew what it was....lol

FEs ARE GREAT FUN AND ONLY DONE ON DISNEY SHIPS. YOU HANG YOUR FISH EXTENDER (FE) ON THE FISH BY YOUR DOOR. YOU HAVE A POCKET FOR EACH PERSON IN THE CABIN. ITS LIKE A CHRISTMAS STOCKING. EVERY CABIN PARTICIPATING GETS A LIST OF NAMES AND CABINS WHO JOINED UP. YOU EITHER BUY OR MAKE A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR EACH PERSON. WHEN YOU ARE ON THE CRUISE SOMETIME DURING THE CRUISE YOU GO AROUND AND PUT THE GIFT IN THE PERSONS FE. IF YOU HAVE 20 CABINS INVOLVED EACH PERSON WILL GET 20 INEXPENSIVE GIFTS. IF YOU GO ON THE THREAD THAT DEALS WITH FE GIFTS YOU WILL SEE I THINK WHAT SOME PEOPLE GAVE OR GOT. FOR EXAMPLE LAURA AND I ARE FROM CANADA. SO I BRING SOMETHING RELATING TO WHERE WE ARE FROM. WE HAVE RECEIVED TEXAS CHOCOLATE BARS FROM PEOPLE FROM TEXAS. WE HAD PEOPLE FROM MARYLAND BRING RECIPE AND INGREDIANTS FOR CRAB CAKES. SOMEONE MADE US CLOTH HANDLES FOR OUR LUGGAGE TO IDENTIFY OUR BAGS ETC ETC.

P9130233-1-1.jpg

THATS OUR DOOR AND FE.

FEs ARE GREAT FUN AND ONLY DONE ON DISNEY SHIPS. YOU HANG YOUR FISH EXTENDER (FE) ON THE FISH BY YOUR DOOR. YOU HAVE A POCKET FOR EACH PERSON IN THE CABIN. ITS LIKE A CHRISTMAS STOCKING. EVERY CABIN PARTICIPATING GETS A LIST OF NAMES AND CABINS WHO JOINED UP. YOU EITHER BUY OR MAKE A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR EACH PERSON. WHEN YOU ARE ON THE CRUISE SOMETIME DURING THE CRUISE YOU GO AROUND AND PUT THE GIFT IN THE PERSONS FE. IF YOU HAVE 20 CABINS INVOLVED EACH PERSON WILL GET 20 INEXPENSIVE GIFTS. IF YOU GO ON THE THREAD THAT DEALS WITH FE GIFTS YOU WILL SEE I THINK WHAT SOME PEOPLE GAVE OR GOT. FOR EXAMPLE LAURA AND I ARE FROM CANADA. SO I BRING SOMETHING RELATING TO WHERE WE ARE FROM. WE HAVE RECEIVED TEXAS CHOCOLATE BARS FROM PEOPLE FROM TEXAS. WE HAD PEOPLE FROM MARYLAND BRING RECIPE AND INGREDIANTS FOR CRAB CAKES. SOMEONE MADE US CLOTH HANDLES FOR OUR LUGGAGE TO IDENTIFY OUR BAGS ETC ETC.

P9130233-1-1.jpg

THATS OUR DOOR AND FE.

This sounds like tons of fun....count me in if you decide to set this up...there is another family too going with us and I am sure they will want to...there are 3 of them as well

this sounds like tons of fun....count me in if you decide to set this up...there is another family too going with us and i am sure they will want to...there are 3 of them as well

there are 7 in our group. Also im trying to get a hold of a few others who are booked on this cruise who dont know what a fe is. Its not to late to run one. Also if enough people want to and its close to christmas you can run a secret santa. We did that last dec. We had about 10 in that secret santa

My Dad and his wife want to get in on the fish extender too! So that's five for our party! I hope we get enough interest. This sounds so incredibly fun!!

Amy

WHen are you gonna start it. The other family we are going with and myself are making our FE's. We went and got the material today and are looking forward to it. It will make this trip even more magical.:cheer2::banana:

OK I WILL RUN AN FE:cool1: IT MAY BE A SMALL GROUP BUT YOU NEVER KNOW BETWEEN NOW AND NOV. USUALLY U HAVE A CUT OFF DATE OF A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE CRUISE. SEND ME A PRIVATE POST OR EMAIL ME AT canadiandeernuts@hotmail.com. I NEED YOU NAMES AGES OF KIDS AND CABIN NUMBER.

EXAMPLE IAN(DH) LAURA(DW) CABIN NUMBER

I CANT REMEMBER OUR CABIN NUMBER, I WILL CHECK OURS.

ANYWAYS THE FE LIST STARTS OUT

DVC DEERNUT LAURA(DW) IAN(DH) CABIN?

CARA(DFiancee) SKYE(DD)16 HAILEY(DD)9 CABIN?

Hey everyone!! :wave2: My family and I are so excited and so looking forward to the Disney Dream! :cool1: This is our First Time on a Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter! My boys ages 3,4 and 6 cannot wait for the magical fun awaiting them!!! :dance3:I wanted to see if anyone has any advice on what a first time cruiser should be doing in Nassau or Castaway Cay?? I definitely plan on doing some adults only things as well since I heard the kids club is phenomenal!! Any help with what to book would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

Hey everyone!! :wave2: My family and I are so excited and so looking forward to the Disney Dream! :cool1: This is our First Time on a Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter! My boys ages 3,4 and 6 cannot wait for the magical fun awaiting them!!! :dance3:I wanted to see if anyone has any advice on what a first time cruiser should be doing in Nassau or Castaway Cay?? I definitely plan on doing some adults only things as well since I heard the kids club is phenomenal!! Any help with what to book would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!! THIS WILL BE OUR 10th DISNEY CRUISE 4th ON THE DREAM. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS. HOPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE FE. IF YOU GET TO THE PORT EARLY IF YOU DONT WANT TO SWIM TAKE TIME TO EXPLORE THE SHIP. YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 4PM TO DO WHAT YOU WANT. THEN AFTER THE MUSTER DRILL HEAD BACK UP TO THE TOP DECK FOR SAILAWAY PARTY. LAURA AND I USUALLY STAND ON THE VERY TOP LOOKING DOWN FOR SAILAWAY. YOU HAVE SMALL KIDS YOU WILL WANT TO STAND BY THE STAGE.

UPDATE FOR FE LIST>

DVC DEERNUT LAURA(DW) IAN(DH)

CARA(DFiancee) SKYE(DD)16 HAILEY(DD)9

SINGPRAISEFL AMY(DW) PHIL(DH)
GABE(DS)7

BRENDA(DW) JIM(DH)

ANYONE LIKE TO BE ADDED PLEASE SEND ME INFO.

UPDATE FOR FE LIST>

DVC DEERNUT LAURA(DW) IAN(DH)

CARA(DFiancee) SKYE(DD)16 HAILEY(DD)9

SINGPRAISEFL AMY(DW) PHIL(DH)
GABE(DS)7

BRENDA(DW) JIM(DH)

ANYONE LIKE TO BE ADDED PLEASE SEND ME INFO.

I will give you other family room number later but in my cabin # 6060 there is Jade (age 8 but almost 9)(DGD) Rick (DH) Melinda (Myself).

Other family going with us wants to do this also. THey are as follows (in the room right next to us.....Jenny (female my age...lol) Richard ( her DH ) Kay (age 7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter