• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dreaded BO - Help is on the Way

cbsnyber1

Baxter All Grown Up
I don't want to gross anyone out, but this is a tip that really works (for me) and might for others.

One downside of a long, hot day of travel or having fun at the parks is the, uh, sometimes smelly end to it. To help combat that, after you shower, rub some hand sanitizer under your arms, let it dry, then apply deo as usual. Voila - bacteria (the cause of BO) has a much harder time establishing, minimizing BO for up to 24 hours. I really find this especially useful for plane travel, due to all the sweating/cooling that occurs from all the running around the airport(s).

Not sure how effective this would be for a July day at the parks (never been there during the summer), but it can help.

I've been doing this for about a year and can vouch for its effectiveness.

That's a good tip.
I've also found that hand sanitizer even works if you have deodorant break-through later in the day. ;)

Or you could simply use a deodorant with antiperspirant. I don't know how good for your underarm skin a hand sanitizer is. I don't think it's made for that.

Hand sanitizer is really harsh so if someone has sensitive skin at all this would not be a good idea. :scared1:

I have to wash santizer off my hands within minutes or it starts to burn - I know I don't want burning armpits. :laughing:

Hand sanitizer is really harsh so if someone has sensitive skin at all this would not be a good idea. :scared1:

I have to wash santizer off my hands within minutes or it starts to burn - I know I don't want burning armpits. :laughing:

That's the alcohol in it. It's the main ingredient.

here's my tip: i take a shower once a month whether i need one or not.

I know, I was going to ask: Can you imagine how it would feel on freshly shaved pits? :scared: IT BURNS! IT BURNS!

Yeah OP - Definitely time for antiperspirant deodorant, or something prescription strength if you need it.

I don't want to gross anyone out, but this is a tip that really works (for me) and might for others.

One downside of a long, hot day of travel or having fun at the parks is the, uh, sometimes smelly end to it. To help combat that, after you shower, rub some hand sanitizer under your arms, let it dry, then apply deo as usual. Voila - bacteria (the cause of BO) has a much harder time establishing, minimizing BO for up to 24 hours. I really find this especially useful for plane travel, due to all the sweating/cooling that occurs from all the running around the airport(s).

Not sure how effective this would be for a July day at the parks (never been there during the summer), but it can help.

I've been doing this for about a year and can vouch for its effectiveness.

I can see you offering this to the stinky person in line next to you...:rotfl::lmao:

Heck, any good vodka will do the same thing, and you can always use the rest to ... er, sanitize your mouth.

I myself support the use of B.O. to keep all the rude people a good distance from you! Youll feel like you have the park to yourself even if its packed to the gills! There will always be a good fifty feet of noone around you at all times and that is PRICELESS! :lmao:

i need to remember that because i recall a very smelly trip on the monorail lat year.i basically had to hold my breath the entire trip:rotfl:some people don't use deodorant at all:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter