The Disneymoon of My Dreams! **UPDATED 8/30/08!**

Lifelong Dreamer: You have no idea! For non-Disney folks, I looked like I'd been let out of some Disney asylum! :)

BriarRosie: Oh my goodness were we tired! If not for the excitement of being at Disney World, I think we would have slept for days before emerging again!

cathy0124 and Honeymooner04: I agree, Disneymoons are the best :hug:

jacobsmom00 and Poohbear67: Thanks for reading along! I'm working on the next installment and it should be up shortly!

Congratulations on your marraige!:bride: Enjoying your report so far, you 2 are very cute!!
Am buckled in and ready for the next installmentpopcorn:: !!!

Congrats! You were a lovely bride! :bride: You looked so cute wearing your ears and veil the next morning! Great TR! Subscribing and waiting for the next installment! :surfweb:

Another Disneymooner over here!

You looked beautiful on your wedding day and so cute with the ears! Can't wait to hear all about your disneymoon!

I am loving your report so far. I had the absolute best time of my life when I went on my Disneymoon. It was truely magical, and it sounds like yours was magical as well.

I can't wait to read the rest!

Great installment!! I love the ears...but you are right, as Disney Fanatics, they are almost common place to us, but non-Disers..you might look loony..but who cares, you look super cute and happy! :)

We went to the Wilderness Lodge for our Honeymoon in 2002 - (we have gone every year after too)

BUT this year... we are re-doing our honeymoon at the Lodge and hoping to bring home a little souvenir from the trip.

Jess:cheer2:

Loving your trip report. We went on our Disneymoon in 99 at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Didn't realize how we were meant for Deluxe until Sept 06 when we stayed at the Contemporary...and now that we are "spoiled" we need to wait just a bit for another visit. I am thinking 10th anniversary at the Poly!!!!

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures...:surfweb: popcorn::

emmie119, angel*lady, Sleeping*Beauty, and srandsr76: Thanks for reading along!! I'm just putting the final touches on the next installment and will put it up soon so I hope you'll enjoy!

serendipity: Oh, I'm so excited you've stopped by! I read all of your trip reports before I went and really enjoyed all the pictures and stories - you guys are too cute!

scohen: My, there are a lot of us Disneymooners, aren't there? It's nice to know I am not the only crazy one who insisted on honeymooning at Disney World as my husband insists I am! :laughing:

MA pigletfan: That's right! As long as I'm having fun, who cares?!? :) Plus, I have to share this: at first, Tigger was all "I cannot believe you're wearing those ears out in public" because I insisted on wearing them to the airport and everything. But after a day or two there, he would ask me every morning, "Aren't you going to wear your ears today?" because he realized how nice everyone was to us when they saw we were on our honeymoon and he totally loved the special treatment! :rotfl: So even the biggest cynics can be reformed with a cupcake and some Mickey Mouse confetti! :lmao:

AaronandJessica: Going every year sounds like a brilliant idea - I think I shall have a talk with Tigger when we start making anniversary plans :) Have fun on your re-honeymoon!!! ;)

c4alymom: Oh my gosh, I looove the deluxe resorts! But I think once there are kids in the picture, we may have to start budgeting for more tagalongs like grandmas and grandpas! :laughing: Oh well, if there's anytime to go to a deluxe, it's gotta be for a honeymoon or anniversary, right?

Thanks all - the next installment will be up shortly!

So we were a little bummed with our sideways view of Cinderella's Castle and the fact that we could practically touch our next-door neighbor as he was standing on his balcony - not exactly romantic! But we did get a nice view of the Polynesian if we turned to the other side:

IMG_3991.jpg

But we were soon distracted with the little surprise I had planned for Tigger!

IMG_3994.jpg

Tigger absolutely looooves chocolate covered strawberries, so I had called Private Dining the day before to have some delivered to the room once we arrived. Well, these went over great with Tigger! I decided to go a little fancier than normal and had the strawberries dressed up in tuxedos too – I tell ya, it’s tough to fit a strawberry in a tux, have you ever tried? :rotfl: Here's Tigger eating the strawberries in a rather melodramatic obscene fashion:

IMG_3997.jpg

But what was even more fun was that Private Dining had included a little bottle of chilled champagne for us and a photo card signed by Cinderella and Prince Charming! pixiedust: Pixie Dust! Yay!

IMG_3993.jpg

Anyways, I did manage to get one strawberry before Tigger ate them all, and they really were delicious – the chocolate was super rich and the strawberries were huge and ripe!

We dawdled for a little bit, but then it was off for our dinner reservation at Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! I had read exhaustively about all the restaurants at Disney World and I was really really looking forward to this dinner. Here we are about to get on the monorail for the first time:

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

We got to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Tigger immediately fell in love with the Animal Kingdom Lodge – he now insists that next time we go back, we must get a savannah view room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Mr. Fancy Schmancy! Well, I can’t complain – at least he said “next time”! :cool1:

I’ll put in a small story detour here: Tigger admitting to a “next time” is a far cry from where we started. A few years ago when Tigger and I were still dating, we visited Los Angeles and I of course insisted on going to Disneyland for a day. Tigger was totally skeptical in the morning and dragging his feet like a reluctant victim, and it probably didn’t help that I insisted on showing up at the park super early :eek: Well, by about 3:00pm that day, Tigger was bouncing around like a little boy with a huge grin on his face and no pretense about trying to act grown-up anymore, so I considered it a pretty big success. But then I may have perhaps dragged the day on too long because by the time we hit IASW at 8:00pm that night and it broke down for 15 minutes and we had to listen to that song over and over and over again, Tigger was about to lose it and swore that if he ever went back to any Disney park, I would be a very lucky woman indeed and that I better not schedule any 12-hour days! So I vowed that not only would I get Tigger back to a Disney park, but that I would get him to enjoy it with a more laidback experience. So hopefully this indicated I was on the right track! :thumbsup2 Alrighty, back to the main road…

We were seated at Jiko after a brief wait and ordered some of the yummiest food ever! For appetizer, we got a barbecue coffee chicken flatbread which was absolutely to-die-for and a tuna tartare dish which was just so-so. I really just wanted to eat the flatbread for the whole meal, but forced myself not to finish it all so that I would have room for the rest of the yummy food that was sure to come! For main courses, I got a pork dish which was absolutely incredible – the meat was done absolutely perfectly and it was so tender and juicy and flavorful.

IMG_4003.jpg

Tigger got the grilled beef with macaroni and cheese which was also perfectly done:

IMG_4004.jpg

Our waiter took a photo of us:

IMG_4005.jpg

And then we got dessert! Hey, we were on the dining plan *and* on vacation! :lmao:

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

We then roamed around the hotel a bit and goofed off in the trading post :)

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

I just love how the stores in each park and resort is themed to fit the surroundings – it really intensifies the feel of the place and makes you feel like maybe you really are in a safari lodge!

After dinner, we traveled home via the Magic Kingdom and while we waited for our boat back to the hotel, we managed to catch the nifty electric water pageant. It reminded me of Atari video games from my childhood for some reason and Tigger loved how old-fashioned and silly it was with the synthesizer music.

IMG_4012.jpg

Finally, we arrived back to our room to discover that our lovely Mousekeepers had made a visit for turn-down service:

IMG_4019.jpg

It was the perfect end to our first day at Disney World!

Next up: Breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and some room drama!

Noooooooo, not room drama! :faint:

Seriously, it sounds like you had a very good first day and enjoyed some of the same things I like. AKL and Jiko. :love:

Add me to the list of Disney honeymooners. We went in '86 when there was only MK and EPCOT. I even predate the Minnie bride ears. :lmao:

Enjoying your trip, thanks for sharing.

I love reading about your honeymoon! You look like a great couple, so cute together!

Can't wait to read more!
Jessica Lynn :)

Y'all are SO cute! I love your trip report. I had my honeymoon in Disney as well. It was in May and we stayed at the Poly. :cloud9:
I had a little surprise for my DH as well. A Disney cruise at the end of our stay at DW....He was pretty darn surprised too! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter