The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

A couple of room service questions:

1. What is the earliest you can get breakfast? We are going in October and some of the days the parks open really early (7-8AM) so I'd like to get pretty early room service breakfast.

2. Can you call in your order the night before or do you have to place your order right when you want it?

DLH room service info is a bit tough to find.
You can put your order in the night before by making selections on a door hanger card and putting it out on your door in the evening...they come and collect them and deliver your breakfast at the time you designated on the card the night before. IIRC, I believe they start breakfast room service at 6 am.

You can put your order in the night before by making selections on a door hanger card and putting it out on your door in the evening...they come and collect them and deliver your breakfast at the time you designated on the card the night before. IIRC, I believe they start breakfast room service at 6 am.

Thanks so much for the info. If it starts at 6 that would be perfect, I was worried it would not start until 7.

It took two tries but I finally booked our rooms at DLH for next August. I knew I would have to book multiple rooms to fit our party which consists of 16 of us. There are 11 adults, 3 teens and 2 kids, consisting of 4 generations of our family.The first time I called the CM I spoke to said that they wouldn't allow a group our size in the 3 bedroom suite, that we would have to add two separate rooms (I could see one room, but not two). I called back and the second CM was reluctant to book us as well, was transferred to a supervisor who was able to fit our group into the 3 bedroom suite added CL (plus another room club level, premium view). I had to explain the entire group dynamic in order to allow us to finally book, they allowed 11 in the suite and 5 in the separate room. It was more of a headache than I had planned on having but now I can just look forward to spending quality family time at my favorite place!

It took two tries but I finally booked our rooms at DLH for next August. I knew I would have to book multiple rooms to fit our party which consists of 16 of us. There are 11 adults, 3 teens and 2 kids, consisting of 4 generations of our family...
You might consider renting DVC points for a VGC Grand Villa. The official occupancy limit is 12, but the GV is much larger that a 3 bedroom suite: 1 king bed, 4 queen beds, 2 fold out sofas, 4 full baths, full kitchen, washer/dryer, pool table, 4 balconies, huge 2 story window.

It can be difficult to rent the large number of points needed for a GV, but might be worth investigating.
If you are interested, DISboards has DVC sub-forums.
4522_window.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what towers the 3 bedroom suites are in?

They are located in all three of the towers. I think they usually try and put those that have added concierge to their suite in the Adventure Tower but there are only so many suites in that tower so you could still get be in any of the towers.

Checking into the DLH right about 5 days from now! Any tips anyone can recommend? We just have a standard room reserved.

Thanks!

Same here! Doesn't seem as easy to make room requests as it is at WDW hotels. If we booked standard, but I make mention of celebrating a birthday is there any chance we get an upgrade? I'm told that the resorts are VERY busy this next week so I'm not sure we'll get any extra perks, but worth a shot right?

LOVED our room (right next to the E-ticket lounge). Beautiful view, quick elevators, great amenities. Didn't like the walk. During EMH and coming back late at night, it seems SOOOOO far. Adds about 5 minutes over the Grand, and not all that far, but still not what you want early in the morning or late at night. I'll have a full review up with my TR, but REALLY liked it. There was no "popping back" to the room though. When we went back, we went for hours or just stayed when we got there.

LOVED our room (right next to the E-ticket lounge). Beautiful view, quick elevators, great amenities. Didn't like the walk. During EMH and coming back late at night, it seems SOOOOO far. Adds about 5 minutes over the Grand, and not all that far, but still not what you want early in the morning or late at night. I'll have a full review up with my TR, but REALLY liked it. There was no "popping back" to the room though. When we went back, we went for hours or just stayed when we got there.
I have been anxiously waiting to hear if you liked your stay or not......so glad you LOVED your room (I think they are fantastic).....the walk.....yeah not as good. We also love the E-ticket lounge and I feel a little silly sometimes when people say "how can you justify that" so I've decided I can't and I don't really care because it just makes us all happy!!!

I have been anxiously waiting to hear if you liked your stay or not......so glad you LOVED your room (I think they are fantastic).....the walk.....yeah not as good. We also love the E-ticket lounge and I feel a little silly sometimes when people say "how can you justify that" so I've decided I can't and I don't really care because it just makes us all happy!!!

We got a great price. I'm not sure I would have paid rack for it ($750/night). It did save me a ton of $ though for the rate I got it for.

How did you find the lounge? Was it nice? Reviews pretty please :)
Very nice. Not enough seating though, and food got sparse at times.

3 bedroom suite. I had some trouble finding out the details on the 3 bedroom suite so here is a description of the one we had Oct 18-22, 2015. The main room was 2809 with 2811 and 2813 connected. I requested a wet bar and got it - sink and small refrig with bar and 2 stools. There was a queen pull out sofa, comfortable. Also a big TV and DVD player. And a dining table with 4 chairs. The bathroom had a sink and toilet. The connected bedroom had no outside door, full bath, NO refrigerator. The other 2 rooms were connected. You had to go through 2811 to get to 2813 but both had doors opening to the hall, full baths, small refrigerators, 2 queen beds. I didn't ask for a king so didn't get any. Each room had a coffee maker - Cuisinart pods. The rooms were on the 10th floor looking towards entrance and Santa Ana Mountains. There was enough room for 3 couples and a mother and 3 year old, but shower sharing was necessary. It worked out fine for the 8 of us. Bottom line: 4 rooms, 3.5 baths, 3 refrigerators.

The check in time was 3 pm. By 4:30, we still didn't have a room. We had arrived at 2:30. We complained a bit saying we didn't care if housekeeping was still cleaning, we wanted to go sit down. The lobby was packed, Trader Sam's had no tables, and we had a tired 3 year old and his pregnant mother. The room was finally ready around 4:45 but they compensated us most generously with 8 vouchers for dinner at Steakhouse 55 or a premium character breakfast. We used 5 vouchers at Steakhouse 55 (appetizers, entrée, side, dessert, tax and tip included) and 3 at Storytellers. Pretty great!

Last edited:
hello everyone! I've currently booked a standard view room at DLH for 4/18 to 4/20 (Monday through Thursday, arriving at 10:30am Monday, and an overnight flight home on that Thursday night) to celebrate my birthday. I've been checking to see if discounts are available for that time that I can have applied but nothing yet. I see that in the past they have offered x% off a premium room. What is considered a "premium" room at DLH? Is that the concierge level, or just a better room view? I'm not opposed to upgrading if it is a better deal in the long-run (I am interested in the continental breakfast.) I'm lurking on the budget boards learning how to get as much "free" Disney money as possible and I've been reading all the threads here that I can. So excited for this trip!

Also, I'm traveling solo, so if anyone has a suggestion about which tower/floor would be best I would appreciate it! And if anyone has visited the Mandara Spa at GCH I am also interested in going there, but have read mixed reviews...

We complained a bit saying we didn't care if housekeeping was still cleaning, we wanted to go sit down. The lobby was packed, Trader Sam's had no tables, and we had a tired 3 year old and his pregnant mother. The room was finally ready around 4:45 but they compensated us most generously with 8 vouchers for dinner at Steakhouse 55 or a premium character breakfast. We used 5 vouchers at Steakhouse 55 (appetizers, entrée, side, dessert, tax and tip included) and 3 at Storytellers. Pretty great!

I'm sorry that must have been frustrating but SOOOOOO glad they more than made up for it. That has always been our experience at the DLH, they don't always get it perfect, but when they don't, they go above and beyond to fix it.

Last edited:
What is considered a "premium" room at DLH? Is that the concierge level, or just a better room view? I'm not opposed to upgrading if it is a better deal in the long-run (I am interested in the continental breakfast.)

you have to book concierge level to take advantage of the "club level" aka continental breakfast and other food offerings. While I'm a big fan of concierge level, I'm not sure it would be worth it for one person. You can get room service for cheaper.

hello everyone! I've currently booked a standard view room at DLH for 4/18 to 4/20 (Monday through Thursday, arriving at 10:30am Monday, and an overnight flight home on that Thursday night) to celebrate my birthday. I've been checking to see if discounts are available for that time that I can have applied but nothing yet. I see that in the past they have offered x% off a premium room. What is considered a "premium" room at DLH? Is that the concierge level, or just a better room view? I'm not opposed to upgrading if it is a better deal in the long-run (I am interested in the continental breakfast.) I'm lurking on the budget boards learning how to get as much "free" Disney money as possible and I've been reading all the threads here that I can. So excited for this trip!

Also, I'm traveling solo, so if anyone has a suggestion about which tower/floor would be best I would appreciate it! And if anyone has visited the Mandara Spa at GCH I am also interested in going there, but have read mixed reviews...

I believe the upper view rooms are considered "Premium". You do not have to be concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter