• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Honestly I think the hardest tower to get into, in the standard category could possibly be the Adventure tower since pretty much any room on either side of the building above the 5th floor is going to be deluxe or premium level. That said, it's not impossible. I would guess the only way to get a standard view that is not over looking the parking lot would be one on the lowest floors of either side of Adventure or the internal facing rooms of Fantasy or Frontier on the lowest floors.

Just as a heads up we were in a standard view room in the Adventure Tower that overlooked the walkway of Trader Sam's/fire pit area to the left/Frontier Tower walkway area with a king bed and we loved it. It was on the second floor. The room was next to an elevator but we never heard it. So like its been said it is rare but we checked in around 12 noon , asked if anything was available in Adventure tower and we got some pixie dust :)

Here are some photos from room 2064 in the Adventure tower.

Looking left from window :

29wajv4.jpg

Looking right from window :

vh6tll.jpg

Hope this helps :)

I have a question - if you want to park in self parking do they at least let you pull up to the front of the hotel first to unload? I'm nervous about getting three kids plus luggage out from the parking lot since I heard they don't let you use luggage carts.

I have a question - if you want to park in self parking do they at least let you pull up to the front of the hotel first to unload? I'm nervous about getting three kids plus luggage out from the parking lot since I heard they don't let you use luggage carts.

If you want to self park, you still pull up to the front of the hotel first. The bellman will load all of your luggage onto a cart, then you can go park and come back to check in. Once you are done checking in, the bellman will bring the luggage to your room (if it's ready). If the room isn't ready, they will store your luggage and then bring it to you once you are in your room.

Just as a heads up we were in a standard view room in the Adventure Tower that overlooked the walkway of Trader Sam's/fire pit area to the left/Frontier Tower walkway area with a king bed and we loved it. It was on the second floor. The room was next to an elevator but we never heard it. So like its been said it is rare but we checked in around 12 noon , asked if anything was available in Adventure tower and we got some pixie dust :)

Here are some photos :

29wajv4.jpg

vh6tll.jpg

This looks good to me!

I don't know if the point of this super thread is to make me want to go back to the DLH or not, but whatever it is it's totally working:beach:

If I'm checking out on a Friday at DLH but I'm planning on going to the parks that day can I still come back and use the pools that day if I'm checked out? They let you park there till close.

Also I have to move over to Castle Inn that Friday for just one night. We are leaving on Saturday but are staying late in the parks Friday for fireworks and Fantasmic. Does everyone recommend I move my car over early in the day or late after closing? What would take less time?

If I'm checking out on a Friday at DLH but I'm planning on going to the parks that day can I still come back and use the pools that day if I'm checked out? They let you park there till close.

Also I have to move over to Castle Inn that Friday for just one night. We are leaving on Saturday but are staying late in the parks Friday for fireworks and Fantasmic. Does everyone recommend I move my car over early in the day or late after closing? What would take less time?

When moving hotels I personally prefer to do it before regular check in time due to the crunch that can happen later. Using it as a midday break could work too. I just know how exhausting it can be late in the night and it's just DH and me.

We are kind of doing the same thing ( staying at DLH the 9th-13th and Castle Inn 13-14th) and will likely move our car after lunch but before 3pm. Having worked in hotels for awhile I find that trying to register early ( even if no room is open yet ) just makes it easier for us.

Here are some photos :

29wajv4.jpg

vh6tll.jpg

This looks good to me!

This was also our first stay on site at the DLH and celebrating our anniversary. Maybe we just got lucky ? However I didn't call ahead to request anything just asked at check in if anything in the Adventure tower was available and stated we didn't care about bed configuration. We ended up with a King bed room and a lovely view. At night with all the tiki torches lit up it was very relaxing looking out while the headboard was lit up and taking it all in. We checked in early at 12 noon ( which might have helped) and our CM Markus was wonderful.

We loved everything so much we booked our stay for the 9th-13th to celebrate my hubby's promotion at work :D

Got another question, this one is very specific. What time does the Enchanted Tiki Bar serve food until? Does it vary from night to night? I noticed that the restaurant it shares a kitchen with closes at 10 PM. We are arriving late our first night (9-10 PM) and I was hoping to get in there for a late bite after a long day of flying.

Hello, all! We originally had a PPH standard view room booked but then I got a great rate for a DLH standard view room. This is our 1st time staying at DLH.
I'm going to call & make a room request. We'd like to stay at either the Adventure Tower or Fantasy Tower. Since our very short trip will only include relaxing onsite in the room, pools, restaurants, DTD, we prefer either of these towers.

Would it be a reasonable request to ask, "high floor, fantasy or adventure tower, view of DTD or DLP"?

TIA!!! :flower3:

I just called to make some requests for our upcoming trip and was told that the DTD side of the Adventure Tower is for the Premium View category only. Funny, because there won't even be fireworks during our stay! We reserved a Deluxe view, so we will have a view of the pool. Not bad in my opinion, but if that holds true, I don't think a standard view category will get you a view of DTD, or a very high floor for that matter. Unless some pixie dust happens upon check in!

I just called to make some requests for our upcoming trip and was told that the DTD side of the Adventure Tower is for the Premium View category only. Funny, because there won't even be fireworks during our stay! We reserved a Deluxe view, so we will have a view of the pool. Not bad in my opinion, but if that holds true, I don't think a standard view category will get you a view of DTD, or a very high floor for that matter. Unless some pixie dust happens upon check in!

Thanks...I had posted a follow up earlier that I requested Fantasy Tower. There's a chance of getting DLP with fireworks. I'm hoping for the pixie dust. :)

Booking reservations for Tinker Bell Marathon. My question is how are the beds soft/hard? We just stayed at Fairfield on Harbor and the beds were hard. We have stayed at the Hilton and they are soft. Thank you for your help :thumbsup2

I know that its just a "req" but I called and requested to hopefully get the DTD side of the Adventure Tower.....We have a premium view booked so here is to hoping! Either way I feel that with a premium view room we will get something decent! :thumbsup2

Hoping it all works out....we have a stroller booking (citystrollers) and surprise packages coming for the kids the first day we check in (around 6pm?)!

We were just at the DLH in a premium room. When we checked in they said I had a pool view. I asked if there were any firework/DTD views available, or rooms with the day bed. We only had 2 adults and 2 kids, but both kids are young and don't sleep well in the same bed. She said the daybeds were full, but then she got on the phone and called over to someone, and said, "Okay, all set!". I thanked her profusely and she said that since we had booked a premium level room it was much easier to accommodate the request ;). We ended up on the 8th floor, facing DTD in 2665, with a day bed. The room was much bigger than I expected. My husband ended up being able to watch the half marathon runners go by, and popped right downstairs with our kids to cheer me on! We are really torn about our January trip. We loved the DLH, but might try Paradise Pier to save some money since I doubt we will use the pool much.

I'd like to book a 2-bedroom suite for our December 2nd visit to DL. I've been hoping to see some type of a discount offering as I've seen in the past. Do you think I might lose out on booking a 2-bedroom suite if I wait too long? I just saw that WDW is offering 30% off their hotels and I was hoping DL might do the same? Any ideas??? Does the DL hotel have a lot of 2-bedroom suites? Thanks!

I'd like to book a 2-bedroom suite for our December 2nd visit to DL. I've been hoping to see some type of a discount offering as I've seen in the past. Do you think I might lose out on booking a 2-bedroom suite if I wait too long? I just saw that WDW is offering 30% off their hotels and I was hoping DL might do the same? Any ideas??? Does the DL hotel have a lot of 2-bedroom suites? Thanks!

I would be very worried you've waited too long. We have booked our suites 8-12 months in advance. I would call and book it and then try to apply any discounts that may come out later.

Brunolvr said:

Ever since carsland opened the hotel discounts have been sparse. I think it is highly unlikely that you will find discounts as high as 30% off. The last hotel discounts were for up to 20% off of premium rooms and that excluded suites.

I just checked the Disneyland website, and there is a 2-bedroom suite available, on Dec. 2nd(didn't know how long you were staying so I just put in the dates of Dec. 2nd-6th).

This was just rack rate, not AP rate, and the price is listed at $933.50 per night, plus tax!

If you truly want to book a suite, I would book ASAP, and then wait and see if any kind of discount comes out!

I definitely think you will lose out on the opportunity to get a suite, if you wait for any possible discounts(which for suites, are probably unlikely!):)

Just checked the AP page(after the fact), and the AP rate is the same as the rack rate, for the 2-bedroomsuite.

I would be very worried you've waited too long. We have booked our suites 8-12 months in advance. I would call and book it and then try to apply any discounts that may come out later.

Thanks, I thought about doing that but I've read on the discounts there's a disclaimer that it's not available on bookings done previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter