The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We were just there -- the laundry room is very small, 5 washers and 6 driers sounds about right. And these are not the large commercial washers and driers that can hold a ton of stuff. They were small.

Maybe I was just lucky, but all the machines were free when I did my laundry. It was about 6pm at night during the week. No place to sit, so I put my laundry in, then went over to Trader Sam's and had a cocktail. :) The washers take 30 minutes and the dryers run for 45.

Cost was $2 for wash, $2 for dry, $1 for soap. And I would caution that the dryers dry VERY HOT. I put one load on normal and my clothes were very hot to the touch when I took them out.

Oops - apologies if I misunderstood when you are traveling. So I just went on AAA site and looked up prices for week of December 10th (just picked it as random Dec week) and they are offering $325 per night at DLH. I have not seen anything close to $200 a night during peak season at DLH for awhile (not since economy tanked). For example this summer's promo was stay on-property and get EMH. There was no extra hotel night free or extra parkhopper day free offered like in seasons past. Good luck with your reservations.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner but I apreciate your help. :goodvibes I finally had tme to call--AAA is indeed 10%. I have a theme park view, upper level room on hold. Price is $2053 including tax. I will keep my eye out for any promos, but like all of you, I don't think any will come. I am so used to booking WDW 6 or more months ahead with discounts, not being booked was killing me. :rotfl2: I know should have ordered the DVD or played on the website awhile trying for a PIN, but I did not want to risk there not even being a AAA rate available. I don't think I have ever paid rack rate at any Disney hotel, don't want to start now! ;)

2 Questions....

I Have a reservation for the first week of October thru the Gay Days rate.

1. Do you pay for the whole week at checkin or at checkout?

2. Can you get a crib/playpen for my 1yo? Would save me a lot oh hassle if I don;t have to bring one. with us.

2 Questions....

I Have a reservation for the first week of October thru the Gay Days rate.

1. Do you pay for the whole week at checkin or at checkout?

2. Can you get a crib/playpen for my 1yo? Would save me a lot oh hassle if I don;t have to bring one. with us.

All the rooms have a pac n play in the closet along with extra blankets :)

Back from our trip and I thought I would post about our stay. We had booked a standard room with a request for the Adventure tower. Travelling with two other families, I didn't think our request would be granted but not only did they put us all next to and across from each other but two of the rooms were upgraded to a pool view and all in the Adventure Tower. The third room was quite nice too as it faced Downtown Disney and although you couldn't see anything, there were plenty of trees and it looked like you were looking out into a jungle, quite fitting for the Adventure Tower. The rooms are quite a bit larger than the GCH rooms and there was a sofa that became a bed easily accomodating a 5 person. The kids really enjoyed the lights above the bed. One thing I didn't like is the tower is open to just anyone walking off the street. I don't remember if it was at the GCH or in Hawaii but you had to slide your hotel card in order for the elevator to take you to your floor. I wish the DLH had that too. I will say that unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in the customer service department. Staying at the DLH, I was expecting a little more "Disney spirit" but to tell you the truth, I got more of the "disney spirit" when we stayed at the GCH and PP. The only exception was the CM who checked us in.....she was great! Warning......if you are planning on using the wake up call don't bother pressing the wake up call button, just call the operator and set it up. I tried setting it up twice and received no wake up call despite the system confirming the time. The third day I decided to go to the front desk and mention that I didn't get a wake up call. I was told they would check into it for me. Didn't hear back so tried setting up for a 3rd morning and again it didn't work. I went back down and just mentioned it again that it wasn't working and the excuse I was given after the CM checked with someone on the phone was "oh, I wasn't aware of this but you have to set up your wake up call through the operator, all the hotels do that". I told the CM that what was the point of having a wake up call button if the wake up call had to be set up through the operator. If that was the case then they should have a note somewhere in the room stating that. I told her I have stayed at the GCH and PP and have set up my wake calls in the same way. Anyways, I was pleasant even though it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Later that day, I was still thinking about it and realized that I wasnt satisfied with the explanation I was given so I went back down to the front desk and this time asked for a supervisor or manager. A lovely CM came out and introduced herself and I explained the situation. I made the suggestion that maybe for future guests checking in, it could be mentioned to them that their wake up call button doesn't work or at the very least a note on the phone. She apologized on behalf of the CM and said she would be speaking to her and gave me a fast pass to any ride for my party. I was very surprised as I wasn't expecting anything. Just a warning for anyone that might be relying on a wake up call. The pool area was great. Managed to find chairs everyday even on the busy marathon weekend. A common complaint from alot of the guests was the Bar/food service was really slow...not enough waiters. Overall we enjoyed our stayed, just expected a little more "Disney Magic" being that it was the DLH.

Hello!, I read this boards everyday and hardly ever post but I love it here!. You are all experts when it comes to Disneyland :woohoo:.

I wanted to ask you something, Is concierge really worth it?:confused3. I've got a new job and now I can afford staying at the Disneyland Hotel :dance3:. But I'm not really sure about paying the extra for concierge. We are a family of four (no kids/teens, all grown ups) but we all love Disneyland and we have awsome family memories at this wonderful place and that's why we LOVE coming back every time we can. So I'm planning inviting the family to Disneyland and surprise them with a stay at this hotel (I'm planning and off season trip for 4 days) and I thought concierge could be a nice extra (check in, food, etc).

I picked this hotel because I think this one is the one with more Disney magic:yay:

Thank you in advance!!!:)

I personally think it's worth it. To me, staying on the Club Level at the Disneyland Hotel strikes just the right balance between five-star and family.

We're going this week and will be staying Club Level - I will post a review when we get back!

We've stayed Club Level before and my favorite perk is definitely the complimentary refreshments, especially since every snack break in the Park costs at least $20 for a family of four. If you're staying Club Level, you can enjoy breakfast in the lounge, grab drinks and snacks to enjoy while in the park, return to the lounge for a refreshing recharge in the afternoon, then pop in before bedtime for a special treat. When my kids were little, sometimes the hors d'oeuvres from the Wine and Cheese reception were enough for them for dinner!

Magical Beginnings from 6:30 - 10am (Continental Breakfast)
Intermission 11am - 4pm (Light Refreshments and Snacks)
Magic Hours 5pm - 7pm (Wine & Cheese Reception)
Sweet Dreams 8pm - 10pm (Dessert Bar)

Hi
Im a newbie on the DIS and will be stay at DLH from the 11th of October till the 17th of October and was just wondering if any of you kind folks could help me, we are staying in a QD Standard Vw DSTD room i was wondering if anyone knows what type of room this is thanks
Yours Aussie Friend Roxane

Hi
Im a newbie on the DIS and will be stay at DLH from the 11th of October till the 17th of October and was just wondering if any of you kind folks could help me, we are staying in a QD Standard Vw DSTD room i was wondering if anyone knows what type of room this is thanks
Yours Aussie Friend Roxane

Hi Roxychip, Welcome to the wonderful world of the Dis boards. Lucky you planning a trip so soon to DLH. My understanding of the room you've booked is that QD Standard Vw DSTD means you have a standard room that has two queen beds and a standard view. The standard view means it is not a park-view (view of Disneyland) nor a Downtown Disney-view (view of the themed outdoor shopping mall that connects DLH to the parks) nor a pool-view room facing into the interior of the DLH resort (there are three hotel towers that ring around a fantastic pool with waterslides). Standard view usually means a parking lot view out toward the city of Anaheim. Have fun on your trip.

joining in on the fun here!

have a trip reserved for my DD 13th bday 3/29 - 4/1...we have stayed here before in 2007, looking foward to the new rooms and pool area!

I personally think it's worth it. To me, staying on the Club Level at the Disneyland Hotel strikes just the right balance between five-star and family.

We're going this week and will be staying Club Level - I will post a review when we get back!

We've stayed Club Level before and my favorite perk is definitely the complimentary refreshments, especially since every snack break in the Park costs at least $20 for a family of four. If you're staying Club Level, you can enjoy breakfast in the lounge, grab drinks and snacks to enjoy while in the park, return to the lounge for a refreshing recharge in the afternoon, then pop in before bedtime for a special treat. When my kids were little, sometimes the hors d'oeuvres from the Wine and Cheese reception were enough for them for dinner!

Magical Beginnings from 6:30 - 10am (Continental Breakfast)
Intermission 11am - 4pm (Light Refreshments and Snacks)
Magic Hours 5pm - 7pm (Wine & Cheese Reception)
Sweet Dreams 8pm - 10pm (Dessert Bar)
Thank you!

I'll be waiting for your review. Have fun! :D

Too many pages to read through. What is the name of the tower that is used for check-in. Also the name of the one closest to the park. I don't want to stay in the way way in the back.

Too many pages to read through. What is the name of the tower that is used for check-in. Also the name of the one closest to the park. I don't want to stay in the way way in the back.

You check in at Fantasy tower. Adventure Towet is the closest, but by only a minute or so.

Does anyone know if the Disneyland addition of the DisUnplugged podcast has done a show about the Disneyland hotel?

We stayed in the Adventure Tower this time but even if you get put in the furthest tower, it really isn't far at all. I wasn't familar with the DLH and kept hearing about the "far tower". When we got there, I was really surprised to see that it really wasn't far at all.

We stayed in the Frontier Tower last month. It's the "far" tower. If it was just a regular hotel stay, I'd say it wasn't a big deal that it was farther away because it's not that far. But by the end of a long day in the parks, I was wishing we were in the Adventure Tower or Fantasy Tower!

On the other hand, the Frontier Tower is nice if you're spending much time at the on-site restaurants, especially Trader Sam's or Tangaroa Terrace. It's the closest tower to either of those, and is also closest to the laundry facilities. Also closest to the water slides. Adventure and Fantasy are closest to the regular pool.

I said I'd post pictures of the Cabanas at DLH so here they are. Overall the setup is really nice. If you are looking for a luxurious and relaxing day by the pool away from the crowds, or just want a more contained space for a family, they are wonderful.

Here's what was in the Cabana: 2 lounge chairs w/small table, sofa, loveseat, coffee table, 2 end tables, credenza with refrigerator, safe, power strip, clock radio with iPod cord, flatscreen TV, basket of towels

Cabana host delivered: 4 bottles of water, fruit basket containing 2 apples, a pear, strawberries, grapes
We also requested a pack n play for the baby to nap, that was great

Hours & Price: 1/2 day $110, full day $185 Morning was 9:30-1:30 afternoon 2:30-6:30 (I believe) so 4 or 8 hour blocks
[These details turned out to be a bit different than when I reserved so I had a less than perfect guest experience, and Guest Services didn't seem to care. When I reserved they told me morning was 9:30-2 and the monorail slides opened at 10. When we got there we found out we only had the cabana until 1:30 and the slides now open at 11. In retrospect we should have just reserved the whole day, but at that point I was too annoyed to pay another $75 since they didn't seem sorry for giving out the wrong info. Then at 1:00 there was an issue (vomit I suspect) and the slides were closed again until 1:40]

We had cabana #1 which is right at the base of the slides, near the wading area, I recommend 1, 2, and 3 if you have kids wading or into the slides. The others are over by the Eticket pool and perfect if you are spending more time actually swimming.

Here's the sitting area inside:
IMG_1228.JPG

And the amenities:
IMG_1231.JPG

And a view from the outside:
IMG_1232.JPG

Thank you for posting the cabana pictures! We want to rent one next summer and I've been curious to see who its all actually set up. Looks pretty awesome. Do you know/remember how many cabanas were by the pool side? I'm more interested in being over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter