The Disney transportation system

dutchess 1968

Earning My Ears
Greetings everyone. I sorta need some help from someone who has been there in regards to using the Disney transportation system from the POR resort.
I am staying at Dixie Landings, (well okay it has a new name now..it will always be Dixie Landings to me) and I am some what worried about the speed in getting to the parks for dinner reservations. Anyone have any tips or hints to give me, or for that matter a solid bus schedule that they run on?
Also, we have dinner reservations at The Grand Flordian..what is the best way to get over there using the Disney transportation system?
Thanks for the help

..........take me to the mansion..........I am home

Disney fan since 1982..first trip
Carb Beach 90-92-93
All Star Music 94, 95, 02,
All Star Movies 96,97

(The Mouse family as I know it)

:jester: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Our Transportation system has come a long way, and is contantly improving. We are a highly dynamic system, so one thing may be one way in January, and it might be completely different by May. However, you, the guest, probably won't notice the difference.

Port Orleans (FQ&RS) typically runs at 97% efficiency. This means that 97% of the busses arrive on time, in 10-15 minute intervals. Rides are typically 10-15 minutes in length, depending on the stop you're at.

Your best bet to get to the Grand Floridian is to take the bus to the MK, and then catch the boat or monorail to the GF. To return, simply reverse the process using either the MK, Epcot, or Downtown Disney as a transfer point.

Chip & Dale Express
Thanks for the advice. When I have used the system before it has always been pretty accurate in getting me where I need to be. I guess there is some reservation due to the fact that I will be there in June. (oh yes, the lovely tourist season).
Thanks

:..........take me to the mansion..........I am home

Disney fan since 1982..first trip
Carb Beach 90-92-93
All Star Music 94, 95, 02,
All Star Movies 96,97

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter