The Disney Store

4disney

Earning My Ears
I read somewhere that Walt Disney will own the Disney Stores again. Does anyone know when this will take place? I wonder if they do own it again, will the employees get the discounts they use to get for tickets and rooms!:surfweb:

Hi! I read that too, I don't think it will be all the Disney Stores yet. I haven't had the chance to get to my local DS to ask but if they are going back to Disney then I am so getting a job there!!

I know they were trying to work out a deal. I did see that the Disney Store or the company that owns it filed Chapter 11 bankrutpcy. That is not Disney, of course, but the company running the Disney Store.

TEL AVIV (MarketWatch) - Hoop Holdings, a unit of Children's Place Retail Stores Inc. and the operator of Disney Store North America, said late on Wednesday that it filed for protection from creditors under Chapter 11 of U.S. bankruptcy law.
By Robert Daniel, MarketWatch
Last update: 3:23 a.m. EDT March 27, 2008

I hope that the Disney Store's will improve being back under Disney.
The clothing selection was lousy for adults and I found most of the merchandise to be rather blech the past several years.

The only store in the area (Peoria - 40 miles away) is closing under the re-management making the next closest over 100 miles away! :mad:
Have to honest...maybe Disney can change the format of the store. Seemed to much like cheap dollar china-made toys rather than actual Disney merchandise worth buying. More than not, we left the store maybe with a t-shirt and some stupid trinkets that were broke before the trip home. :headache:

So it is a mixed blessing....no store but if/when we get to a store; there may be something worth buying. Go get em Disney!

I asked ours last week......it's in the Louis-Joliet mall. The manager was SO excited that they were going to be part of Disney again. I wonder if they will start carrying more adult clothing again? I agree with the quality of some of the smaller stuff, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter