The Disney Life- Disneyland April 2015

Mika02

Disney is in my blood
My Family received some credits on Jet blue in July 2014 for a trip to Disney World I took which I will report on in the Disney Forum. We decided to use the credits to visit my Aunt in Southern California with my kids and husband. We made a few stops (will report on those in another Disney Forum as well) Disneyland was one of them.

I have not been to Disneyland since I was about 9 years old it has totally changed. They wouldn't let us park at the regular parking when we are arrived we had to park at the Downtown Disney parking lot. We then walked through Downtown Disney which was nice so many shop and restaurants we lingered at the Lego store and took pictures. The walk was not too far and it was kind of nice not having to wait in the sun for a tram to the park. I decided to get a 1 day park hopper ticket for each of us and since it was Easter week we would be doing the Easter egg hunt as well.

Since we just went to Disney World the summer and had ridden many of the rides that were at the Disneyland Park in some fashion we decided to do California Adventures 1st especially looking forward to Car Land as my boys are big Cars fans. So I had read in many places that I should go the Cars land 1st and fast pass the Radiator Springs racers so that was where we headed 1st. Unfortunately, they were down :sad:we were told to come back and check if they came back but they never did. We headed to the Boardwalk we rode one of our favorite Disney World rides Toy Story Mania and we grabbed a Turkey leg for lunch (our favorite). We got to do almost everything we wanted in Disney California except the racers it was great I loved how everything represented some point to visit in Cali. We did the Easter egg hunt which the kids loved and we went to Ghirardelli’s for Ice cream. We sent to the Disney Animation studios saw Crush the kids loved that as well. The Pixar Parade was so cool the kids loved it.

We headed to the Disneyland's main park where the Soundsational Parade was just about to start (timing by yours truly) after the Parade my daughter wanted to fastpass Space mountain but it was down (story of our trip). We did the separate Easter egg hunt at the Main Park. We ate dinner in the Cafe Orleans watch a little of Fantastic and then went shopping for memento intention of watching the fireworks before leaving. One of the biggest issues I had with the park is they started the fireworks early and unlike the Fireworks show at Disney World they ended very early the kids were disappointed.

We had a good time at Disneyland but there was many downsides rides went down never came back up, short fireworks show and no Fast pass cards or Magic bands. I will say I prefer Disney World but I would comeback again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter