The Disney Honeymoon! PTR

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
:bride: :groom:

This is the first time I've ever posted a PTR before finishing my last TR (oops), although admittedly it's
also the first time I've attempting writing a TR/planning a trip whilst also planning a wedding! For those
who don't know, DFi and I got engaged in DLP on the morning of my birthday in December 2011, and on
September 22nd we're going to be tying the knot. Originally we'd hoped for a WDW honeymoon, but
funds wouldn't stretch that far. That said, we're more than happy to be returning to the place where
we got engaged! We're leaving on Wednesday 25th and staying in HNY for four nights and five days...

The Cast

honeyptr1_zps677f4b0a.png

Megan (me) :earsgirl: - Lover of all things Disney, in particular The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty.
Loves cocktails, thrill rides, and milling around Fantasyland in equal measure. Favourite eats include
Blue Lagoon, Walts, and Annette's Diner. Favourite rides include Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Big Thunder
Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Has a soft spot for meeting characters.

honeyptr2_zps23b6c2bc.png

DFi :earsboy: - Newly converted Disney fan, who loves all things Star Wars and Stitch. A real foodie
who loves eating out, his favourite restaurants being Blue Lagoon and Annette's Diner. His rides
of choice are Indiana Jones, Rock'n'Roller Coaster, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

The Action Plan

We're traveling on the Eurostar leaving from St Pancras on the morning of the 25th.
We'll be returning on the evening of the 29th, and staying in London overnight.

Our big meals include Walts for lunch on the 26th, Auberge (finally!!) for lunch on
the 27th, and Blue Lagoon for dinner on the 28th. In between we'll be eating at
Annette's, Casey's Corner, Bella Notte, and (following our surprisingly nice meal there
last Christmas) Planet Hollywood. We're also looking forward to EMH refreshments
at Cable Car Bake Shop- in particular the amazing carrot cake!

Naturally, Disney will be playing a part in our big day, and I'll be sure to share some snippets :cloud9:

I thought I'd share a few of our Disney wedding details. Since we got engaged on
the balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle, it was a given that Disney would be involved
in some way or another. It's not an overwhelming theme, but there will be nods to DLP!

My hen do featured a photo booth with a selection of Minnie Mouse props, and DLP
inspired cupcake wrappers. I also asked my hens to wear outfits subtly inspired by
their favourite Disney characters!

hen+party+1.jpg

hen+party+2.jpg

hen+party+7.jpg

For our table names, we're using a variety of Disney ride, attraction, and movie posters.
The top table with naturally be the Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant!

wedding+theming+5.jpg

At the start of the reception, we're also going to be having DLP park music playing
in the marquee to set the atmosphere :lovestruc

O I can't wait to read more! I love ur disney inspired ideas for ur wedding! Hope u have a wonderful day and honeymoon!

I'm following along! :cool1:

I got married in April this year, but my darling husband isn't a Disney fan :scared1: so we had no Disney-esque things on our big day. He also said no to mini-mooning in DLP. Remind me again why I married him? :rotfl:

I love love love your table frames!! They are so cute and the cupcake cases too!! Your wedding is going to be ah-maz-ing! Best luck for your big day and I'll also be following along xx

I'm following along! :cool1:

I got married in April this year, but my darling husband isn't a Disney fan :scared1: so we had no Disney-esque things on our big day. He also said no to mini-mooning in DLP. Remind me again why I married him? :rotfl:

Lol ditto!! Married May last year and hubbie also isnt a big fan (not even a little bit hmmmp) and ditto again but I did manage to get him to stay one night in HNY inbetween Amsterdam, Paris and Naples on honeymoon. He did whinge a bit though :rotfl: We must be smitten with them to put up with the lack of Disney-love.

K11C12 - Thank you so much! We've been working so hard and I really can't wait to just let out hair down and have a magical couple of weeks!

HappyPanda - I'm very lucky that DFi is so enthusiatic when it comes to my love of all things Disney! He kind of resigned himself to the fact that Disney would feature in our big day when he decided to pop the question in DLP - he sealed his own fate :rolleyes1

kizzabel - Eek! Thank you so much! At least you managed to get DLP to feature in your honeymoon in some way, albeit fleetingly!

Sorry for my recent absence (I'm very good at that, aren't I? :headache:) - wedding prep is sucking up all of our free time at the moment! In the meantime we've booked a hotel near St Pancras for the night before we head to DLP, and we've reserved our meals at Walts, Auberge and Blue Lagoon. My travel wallet is packed with our passports and documents - we just need to get Euros sorted and we're good to go!

Here are a few more of our Disney wedding bits -

weddingcountdown3_zpsbf20584f.jpg

DIY Disney motif napkins - we bought the napkins on offer in Tesco, then printed
out the Mickey and Minnie motifs onto transfer paper and ironed them on individually.
We've made enough designs so that each person at every table will have a different
one and they can all compare!

weddingcountdown4_zpsa1433fca.jpg

Homemade colouring packs for the handful of younger guests attending. I found a
Disney stationary site with a selection of colouring pages, and picked out ten different
designs including one of Space Mountain, the teacups, and Cinderella riding the carousel
(had to have some subtle DLP references!). The pencils cost 80p in a local craft shop,
so they cost next to nothing.​

Just popping in to say that on Sunday we had the most wonderful wedding,
and it was truly the best day of our lives! We're heading up to London this afternoon,
staying in a hotel near King Cross, and heading to DLP tomorrow!

weddinga_zpse8f88673.jpg

weddingb_zps340ed243.jpg

weddingc_zps5a8539a6.jpg

Omg your look fantastic, your new DH must be very happy.
Enjoy DLP hope you get some extra pixie dust xx
Ps your shoes are fab where did you get them ???

Oh Wow! You looked absolutely stunning, your dress and shoes are so pretty! (your new husband is a very lucky man!) and your table decorations are just divine! Massive Congratulations to you both! :goodvibes

Wow you look stunning and your husband very handsome in his wedding suit. Cannot wait to read al about it. Have a great honeymoon and best wishes for a long, happy life together xx

Congratulations! You look beautiful, like a real princess! :lovestruc I also adore the colour theme going on at the reception - stunning and so original.

Have a wonderful honeymoon. :goodvibes

Well a few months off the boards and you've got married, been on honeymoon & come back again!! Can't believe I missed it all!

Your wedding photos look stunning what beautiful colours & theming - LOVE IT!!!

Congratulations to you both & I wish you a long & happy future together xxxx pixiedust:

Congratulations!

You keep popping up on my pinterest at the moment. Modeling clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter