Wanting to do 10 days POR and 4 at AKL
10 day and 4 day with park hopper tix or AP's
Dining plan
Airfare
Saved so far $106 trip acct
Disney Visa rewards $3.55

Not hopeful in this economy at all but trying

Mini goal: airfare by feb 2013 $1500

I know this sounds awful but I owe $1500 still from last trip but the balance is slowly going down so I have to get rid of that as well.

We will be going December 2013

Hopeing to save 2500

I will have to back to you on how much saved, although it isn't much at this point :(

Joining in since I now have dates.

April 12 to 15, a solo weekend to meet friends.

Rough budget:
$430 est. for room (guessing at '13 rates, hoping for at least a small discount)
$611.31 annual pass
$250 airfare (estimated)
$75 tours (Behind the Seeds & Gardens of the World)
$75 Tables in Wonderland
$150 food & drinks
$100 misc spending
$1700 approximate total

Saved so far - $194. Still a long way to go but plenty of time to get there.

Just added £24 to my total thanks to an unexpected tax rebate this morning!

Now at £1397, £2103 to go!

I'll play.

A little bit of background first. Dates are October 26 through November 2, 2013 (celebrating DGD 5th birthday). It will be me, my husband, my DD23 and my DGD3 for sure. We will drive and take one car, so we'll actually be gone from the 25th through the 3rd.. DD25 will probably fly in from Louisiana along with her boyfriend. They will pay for their plane tickets. DD23's boyfriend may come with us. If that's so, we would have to drive two cars down (DH's car can only fit four comfortably). If that's the case, DD23 would be expected to pay for gas.

We will pay for DH, DGD and our park tickets for sure. We are also paying for our two DD's tickets. However, we will not pay for their boyfriends' tickets.

We have Wyndham points. Right now, we have a little less than what we need for a value week at Bonnet Creek. Under Wyndham rules, you can buy enough points to make up the final night. That will be about $70, which we will gladly pay.

I think DD23 is going to pay for DGD's Bibbibi Bobbidi Boo. So I'm not going to include that.

My two DD's and their boyfriends probably want to spend a day at Universal. DH and I will stay home with DGD...probably just a pool day. We aren't paying for their day at Universal.

DD23 and DGD may do the Halloween party. Again, we won't pay for that.

So my figures:

Four adult and one child 5-day tickets (non-park hoppers): $1,322.

Gas: (2000 miles round trip / 32 MPG) x $4/gallon $250.

Lodging: $270 (that includes the $70 mentioned above). We'll need a night down and a night coming home. I'm estimating $100/night if there are five of us (however we can reduce that if there are only four of us driving down. We may also spend the night going home at our in-laws which will reduce lodging costs even more.

Food: Estimating $1,000; however that may be low. Breakfasts will be in the condo. Lunches will probably be in the park. Suppers will probably be outside the park. I hope to use my slow cooker to whip up a few good suppers. We'll probably do one or two character meals, so that will add up.

Photopass Plus: Right now, it's around $140. I want to do Photopass for sure, but I'm still debating whether or not Photopass Plus is worth it. I'm keeping it in the budget right now, but I may just try to hook on to a regular Photoplus share.

Other incidentals: $200

Total: $3,182.00

Savings right now: $340, all in Disney gift cards

We already have a vacation fund in which we put $100.mo in. Right now, that's being used for a week at Myrtle Beach over Labor Day. After early September, that's being used for Disney. So that's probably another $1,200.

I'm working a lot of overtime. Much of this is being used to pay down debt, however, I'm setting aside about $100/mo toward Disney gift cards. Between now and next Spring (no more overtime), that's about another $1,000.

That leaves about another $650. DH's car will be paid off by next summer, so that's another $400/mo (times about four months is $1.6K). We'll be well over. However, that's the car we're taking, and I'd like to have a good tune up on it before embarking on the 2,000 mile round trip.

I'll think of other ways to save.

We will be going December 2013

Hopeing to save 2500

I will have to back to you on how much saved, although it isn't much at this point :(

It's 18 months away so don't be disheartened no matter how little you have so far.. work out how much you need to save each month (remembering the booking milestones where you pay out for things like flights, car hire, tickets etc, and build that into your budget)... if you have a couple of months where you are over target and then a month you are under, you just recalculate the remaining months and keep going :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Thanks! This would be a budget food and wine trip. I am really really hoping for it!

I don't really have to deal with MIL. I am in FL and she is in NY. When I say she doesn't like me, I mean that she has yet to acknowledge that DH and I are married. :lmao: Like not acknowledging it will change anything. I will avoid her at all possible moments. But it is a 23 hour drive to NY from here with a toddler. After that we will all need a vacation.

Best of luck getting your trip together!!:goodvibes Food and wine is awesome, but it was so hot, I could only have one drink before I gave up the 'wine' portion!!:laughing:

Would love to join in, despite the fact that we don't have actual travel dates planned as of yet.

Goal: Gas $500. From TX in my daughters Fiat 500 :car:

Lodging: Timeshare trade, so II, RCI fee $249 or less (hopefully DVC again)

Meals: $1200 for 10 days and 2 driving days (Most likely MUCH less, but may try DxDDP)

Tickets: $516, military tickets, + any other things we decide to do. So, $1500.

So goal: $3500, saved at this point, don't laugh.....$50.

There are a lot of ways to cut this budget, but this is if we do the length and type of trip we want to take.

Updating with a real possibility of a trip for November or the first week of December.

Sat down and wrote out a budget and true cost of the trip. (Thank you everyone for the inspiration!!):hug:

Transportation: $500. ($400/gas, $100 car maint prior to trip)

Mil. 4 day tickets $529.

Exch. fee: $249 (or less)

Food: (Here is where it gets complicated)

Breakf in condo : $105 ($15 x 7)

Travel Brkf. x 4: $90.

4 CS lunches in parks: $200.

3 lunchs out of parks: $75.

Travel lunch x 4: $100

3 Rest. dinners: $150.

2 FF dinners: $60

2 condo dinners: $40.

snacks/park days: $ 150. ($10 ea per park day)

snacks for condo: $75.

Dog boarding: $150.

Total $2473.

Food cost is figured high, as that is where most of our spending money generates from. I want to plan plenty of $$$$ as on vacation, whatever we want to eat, we get, despite the cost. (I have been known to get 2 icees for each boy, as well as an ice cream cone, on a hot day in Animal Kingdom once.) Oh how I will miss snack credits for sure.;)

So total budget, to be totally comfortable, $3000.

Our night spent traveling each way, will be in a room with Whyndam or Shell points. Most likely in New Orleans, as we have a lot of things we want to see there.

Money saved: $50

Worked overtime, after planning this: $240 (after taxes)

Work owes me pay for a day they left off my check: $200. (approx, as they are paying back my pdo they took)

So $490. with $2510 to go!!

9 PP with one day OT each PP: $1500 +/- depending on availability.

Other income: $400/mo x 5 mo = $2000.

So, it 'should' work out. Otherwise we will shoot for February.:goodvibes:

Sorry for the novel, but wanted to see it in black and white!!:goodvibes

It's 18 months away so don't be disheartened no matter how little you have so far.. work out how much you need to save each month (remembering the booking milestones where you pay out for things like flights, car hire, tickets etc, and build that into your budget)... if you have a couple of months where you are over target and then a month you are under, you just recalculate the remaining months and keep going :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Our biggest problem right now is we cannot decide whether we want to take our camper or stay in a value. I really want to stay at Ft. Wilderness, but I don't know if we want to pull the camper that far or not :scared:

Once we decide on a place, I will have a better idea, and I just need to count my money to know how much we have saved.

This is an awesome idea :D! I'm all in - we're planning for a Disney Cruise in Feb. 2013.

Target Goal: $3500 (actual trip cost: $2925)

Saved: $771.00

When/Where: February 2013 - taking a 4-night Disney Cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream :cool1:! It will be our first cruise ever :)!

Our Proposed Budget:

Cruise Fare: $2000
Airfare: $500
Hotel: $150
Rental Car: $100
Tips: $100
Travel Insurance: $75
Incidentals (shore excursions, souvenirs, airport parking ,etc.): $500

Total: $3425 - call it $3500

Update! I'm at 2718.90, and my target is actually 3000-3500 (not 5000, thank goodness).

Of course, my trip is a month from today. Eek!

Well..... Our Boxer dog is showing definite signs of pregnancy! So that will add a lot of money to our vacation fund! Hoping for at least a 10 pack @ $500 each! That would cover Daytona driving for hubby, and we have since decided to rent a house for $1350 instead of staying onsite, so it would also cover that, and food at the parks!

Were getting there!

I want to save $5000. I have $0 right now. (just decided this weekend to go). we are going June 28th

A great way to save extra is taking out a $1 for the first week of the year and $2 for the 2nd week, $3 for the 3rd and so on. By the end of the year you will have around $1378. I hope this helps someone. :)

A great way to save extra is taking out a $1 for the first week of the year and $2 for the 2nd week, $3 for the 3rd and so on. By the end of the year you will have around $1378. I hope this helps someone. :)
I keep seeing this idea posted and re-posted. I cannot imagine that it would be as easy as it sounds. Sure, it's easy to save $10 ($1+$2+$3+$4) that first month and $26 ($5+$6+$7+$8)the second month. By the 6th month, you're putting aside $106 per month ($25+$26+$27+$28). That will not be as easy to do. And it goes up from there when you're finally putting $49+$50+$51+$52 aside for the final $202.

I would love to see how far people get before their budgets can't handle that level of saving. It would be interesting to see how many people actually manage to go the whole 52 weeks.

Wouldn't it make more sense to set aside $26-$27 per week? You'd end up with the same amount of money and you would be less likely to fail.

I keep seeing this idea posted and re-posted. I cannot imagine that it would be as easy as it sounds. Sure, it's easy to save $10 ($1+$2+$3+$4) that first month and $26 ($5+$6+$7+$8)the second month. By the 6th month, you're putting aside $106 per month ($25+$26+$27+$28). That will not be as easy to do. And it goes up from there when you're finally putting $49+$50+$51+$52 aside for the final $202.

I would love to see how far people get before their budgets can't handle that level of saving. It would be interesting to see how many people actually manage to go the whole 52 weeks.

Wouldn't it make more sense to set aside $26-$27 per week? You'd end up with the same amount of money and you would be less likely to fail.

I'll let you know - I originally thought that I wouldn't bother trying this, and just keep putting away the regular money that I do already. However, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to do with my daughter to help her improve her math skills. We'll be doing it on top of my regular savings goals, and it will help her put a structure to her savings from her allowance every week (she doesn't have a set amount for Disney - she just puts in whatever she wants to this week.)

update, trip date still unknown but savings to date is now 0. unfortunitly a lawyer had to be paid. There won;t be a trip until my legal seperation is ever final and the custody issues are settled along with other things. but hey i am still optimistic that it will happen one day

I want to join! We were given a week in Wyndham at the end of July so we're hoping for a combo Disney/Universal trip then. I'm planning on about $5000 for our family of 7 (6 disney adults, 1 child ) with military tix. Our biggest expense unfortunately will be food, but we will have breakfast in the condo and at least one other meal, but we generally don't leave the parks to come back during the day.

So far I have:
Goal: 5000
- 325 gift cards from upgrading Disney Visa and Kroger promo
150 cc rewards
Need: 4525

I also have about $100 in my change bucket, but I don't want to count it yet.

I'll join!!!! :woohoo:

Trip: Aiming for June 2014.

Total needed: $3,000

1st Goal: $1,000
Amount saved so far: $0

Still need: $3,000

Making a "1st goal" to get our resort/condo stay paid for first. Then I will set a goal for the rest.
Hoping to make my first deposit into this next week!!!

I'll join!!!! :woohoo:

Trip: Aiming for June 2014.

Amount saved so far: $0

Still need: $3,000

Making a "1st goal" to get our resort/condo stay paid for first. Then I will set a goal for the rest.
Hoping to make my first deposit into this next week!!!

Starting very small, but it's a start. I have $13.21 so far in my Disney savings from this week. :lmao:
Soooo...... here we go :p

Amount saved so far: $13.21

Still need: $2,986.79
Time left: 1 year, 4+ months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter