The Disney Cruise Line has ruined

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
Disney World for me! lol ;-)
Just came back yesterday from our first cruise ever on the Dream & it was magical! Now we are at WDW & we miss the cleanliness, the pampering, the shows, the wonderful staff & everything else. It truly is a fantastic vacation & we can't wait to do it again. We wish we were still there now especially since this Disney trip has been less than magical. We are seriously thinking of canceling our WDW Xmas trip & going on the Dream again. There was so much we didn't get to do!!

I know! I feel the same way! Even my then six yr old told me that if he had to choose, he would choose the cruise!

Same here! We did a cruise/land package 2 years ago and haven't been back to the World since. We'll be on our third cruise soon with a 4th already booked though!

So much less hectic, more organized, less tiresome...

We just went on our first cruise in the beginning of January and now we have booked our second. WDW is special but my family just loved our cruise. When discussing next years vacation (I did price out wdw) nobody even wanted to discuss WDW nor it options, it was Disney cruise hands down.

My 6 year old and I agree. My husband loves both but loves the park more. Our kids are 6 and 2 and we have agreed though that cruising is way more relaxing at this age.

Yep! After taking our kids on their first WDW trip followed by a cruise on the Dream we started talking about planning another trip. The kids insisted on a week long cruise instead of WDW! Now that we are planning our next vacation the only way I could get the kids to agree to another WDW trip was to promise another cruise afterward!!

It's funny you should say that. We just did a week on the Fantasy followed by two nights at WL club level. I would take the cruise any day. CL was a complete waste of money for us and I so missed all the pampering on the cruise! Getting to meet the characters with our kids was so much easier. Just getting around to do things was so much easier. I also agree that we sway towards cruising now versus going to the parks.

I really thought we would miss the rides but apparently we didn't since that didn't sway anybody away from cruising. The kids love the kids clubs and didn't want to come out, ever.

The nursery CMs gave us a picture of our DD in a cute little frame they made. the thoughtfulmess that was just beyond wonderful.

I just had to add my soon to be 5 yo ds comment when I was asking what rides he wanted to ride and what he wanted to do at WDW for his 3 day birthday trip starting 2-6-14. He said, "mommy, I don't want to go to WDW again, I want to get back on the ship". So, that's what we're doing- I got a VGT for the 2-6-14 Dream! Too much hassle with the MDE, FP+! I love my boy! Just a mommy and son trip this time.

That is the main reason why I suggest parks before cruise. Run, run, run, relax, relax, relax.

Disney World for me! lol ;-) Just came back yesterday from our first cruise ever on the Dream & it was magical! Now we are at WDW & we miss the cleanliness, the pampering, the shows, the wonderful staff & everything else. It truly is a fantastic vacation & we can't wait to do it again. We wish we were still there now especially since this Disney trip has been less than magical. We are seriously thinking of canceling our WDW Xmas trip & going on the Dream again. There was so much we didn't get to do!!

Great to hear! We will be going on our first cruise on the Dream in 33 days. Any advise?

Just came back yesterday from our first cruise ever on the Dream & it was magical! Now we are at WDW & we miss the cleanliness, the pampering, the shows, the wonderful staff & everything else. It truly is a fantastic vacation & we can't wait to do it again. We wish we were still there now especially since this Disney trip has been less than magical. We are seriously thinking of canceling our WDW Xmas trip & going on the Dream again. There was so much we didn't get to do!!

That's part of why we prefer parks first, cruise second. The parks are enjoyable enough. Then you get really pampered.

Same with us. Our kids prefer cruising over the parks.

Score another one for us. Our DD8 doesn't even mention WDW anymore after being obsessed with it. After we went on out 1st DCL all she says is "I wish we could live in the Disney Cruise"... :lmao:
DCL simply dwarfs all other vacations (when with children, of course)

I totally agree! We did our first cruise in 2009 and it was only a 3 night cruise with 5 nights at WDW before the cruise. I just could not go to Orlando and not go to WDW.

Well, as soon as we stepped foot on the ship, I wished we had a longer cruise. We have been on 2 more 7 night DCL trips since then and have another one booked for November.

We have been back to WDW since then for a quick 5 night trip and that was all we needed. We all still love WDW (and I do want to see the new Fantasyland), but if asked to choose between the 2, all of us would choose DCL over WDW. I am not totally exhausted when I come back from DCL like I am with WDW. I am relaxed and happy.

While DS and I were watching the latest DCL show on Destination America I said, I'd love to go on the Dream so we could say that we were on all 4 ships, but they only do the short cruises and I won't do that again. DS said - why don't we go on the Dream, then WDW for a few days until the Fantasy is in port and do a 7 night on the Fantasy? :thumbsup2 great idea...now who will be paying for that???

My kids were almost 8 when we first cruised and will be almost 13 when we cruise this year. They have never liked the kids clubs, they prefer hanging out with us doing all the activities on the ship or just hanging at the pool (okay, that is just me and DD). They don't know about this upcoming trip yet, but I know they will be excited about it. It will be our last cruise as I won't pull them out of school after next year (they will be in high school for the 2015-2016 school year) and vacation weeks/summer weeks are just out of my budget. Plus the new OBB rules don't work for us, but for now, we will be planning our next DCL trip and enjoying it all!

dw and i took our 1st cruise before thanksgiving.
all i can say is wow....
still love the parks but we are thinking about scaling down on our park trips to help fund a cruise now and then.

We really enjoyed our cruise..but I just love wdw :lovestruc. I love getting off the me and checking Into our resort and heading over to Epcot...France for treats. But we really enjoyed our cruise...but I think wdw is still my favorite.

We are in the same "boat" did our first Disney Cruise last November. Gave DS11 choice of what to do next year and he told us he didn't care if we ever went to the parks again. Cruises only.

Us to!! My whole family agrees hands down - cruise! We also asked DD (now 8) if she would rather cruise, WDW, or all inclusive - she said (emphatically) cruise! Went to WDW when she was 6 and haven't been back - 3 cruises later!

I'm sorry the WDW portion is less than magical, but I'm glad you had a great time on the cruise. We are taking our first Disney cruise in December, with WDW stays before and after. We are familiar with cruising so we know how great it is, but WDW is also great for us and I'm sure we'll love the land stay just as much as the cruise. With that said, we aren't park commandos and actually spend more time at the resort than we do the parks, so it will be just as relaxing at the resort (for us) when our cruise is over. But cruises are great and it is nice to have so many choices to fit everyone's needs. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter