• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney Channel/Disney XD Discussion Thread

Honestly I grew out of Disney Channel a while ago (I'll be 16 next month)... I do watch Phineas and Ferb sometimes though. Other than that it's getting pretty boring. I mean, everything's the same. The shows, the movies, they're all SO similar. I miss the old Disney Channel... Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World... :cloud9:

::yes:: EVERYTHING has the same formula. It's really boring.

I do love me some Phineas and Ferb though.

::yes:: EVERYTHING has the same formula. It's really boring.

I do love me some Phineas and Ferb though.

Like, the Suite Life on Deck is no different from the original, with a few new things thrown in. And don't even get me started on shows like Hannah Montana and Sonny With a Chance, and JONAS.

Like, the Suite Life on Deck is no different from the original, with a few new things thrown in. And don't even get me started on shows like Hannah Montana and Sonny With a Chance, and JONAS.

Oh yeah. Like the only new thing on Suite Life on Deck is that they're on a boat. (I will admit that London can be hilarious sometimes.)

The other have EXACTLY the same premise. "Normal kid/s become famous."

Not to sound like a grump, but the way they make London so utterly incompetent bugs me. I think the Suite Life has gotten noticeably worse; I very much prefer the early Suite Life of Zack and Cody episodes to the Suite Life on Deck. I do love Phineas and Ferb though :goodvibes Anyone remember Kim Possible? I LOVED her popcorn:: [And of course Lizzie McGuire :)]

Here are the Disney Channel Shows I like that are on now and are off the air:
Life With Derek
Phineas and Ferb
Lizzie McGuire
The Replacements
some episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny With A Chance
Good Luck Charlie
The Emperor's New School
Sister, Sister
Recess

I also like Zeke and Luther and Kick Buttowski on Disney XD. Hey, anybody here remember when it was Toon Disney instead of Disney XD? Here are my favorite shows from the late great channel:
House of Mouse
Tailspin
Duck Tails
Goof Troop
Darkwing Duck
Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers

London was funny on Suite Life of Zack and Cody, now, she's like...just stupid, and really obnoxious. At first she was an obnoxious, snotty, and ditzy rich girl, but funny. Now, she's just a spoiled stupid brat, and it's really...stupid.

Yeah, my friend was Young Tarzan in Tarzan on Broadway and has done a couple of smaller roles since then. Now he just finished up this pilot, which I thought seemed pretty cool. Like I said, I really hope it gets picked up!
wait... was ur friend alex? i saw him... he was amazinng!!!! plus he got to act next to josh stickland who i love!!!!!!

so answering a lot of posts here. just got back from vaycay and had 3 pages of threads to go through!!!

jonas,jonas l.a, and phinias and ferb are my favorite.

HM used to be good before miley became spoiled and slutty
wizards used to be good... i just don't find it funny anymore
suit life has gone on a few seasons too long
sonny isn't on air enough... but i like it.
almost all the cartoons where pretty suckey(with exception of P&F and kim possible) the one that stands out in my mind as the worst was brandy and mr. whiskers.

phil of the future!!!!!!!!! i loved that show!!!! i have a friend (friend of a freind story) who's sister was roomates with rickey's next door neighbor. long story short the roomate gave her his number and now my friend is trying to get it from her sister.

of course i love JONAS, i have hardcore OJD!!!!!

wow! I'm kinda surprised! No ones mentioned That's So Raven!! That used to be my favorite show on Disney Channel before it went off. Now I just like pretty much all of them, except Phineas and Ferb, mainly because they can get annoying.

Eh, I never really liked JONAS.

I did really enjoy the Halloween episode. That one was funny.

The others were just too Hannah Montana-esque for me. I would have liked it better if they had stuck with the original premise and stayed spies. It would have been somewhat unique for Disney Channel.

I haven't seen a single episode of JONAS L.A. I don't really want to tbh.

On a semi-related note, has anyone noticed that the writers for Disney don't seem to be too good at writing relationships? Like the Lily-and-Oliver paring. It just came out of nowhere.
The only one that seems to be decently written nowadays is actually the Alex/Justin pairing. Which is incest. And bad.

I don't know, none of the parings have any moments that make me go "awwwww! :cutie:" the way some on Cartoon Network and even a couple Nickelodeon do.

Eh, I never really liked JONAS.

I did really enjoy the Halloween episode. That one was funny.

The others were just too Hannah Montana-esque for me. I would have liked it better if they had stuck with the original premise and stayed spies. It would have been somewhat unique for Disney Channel.

I haven't seen a single episode of JONAS L.A. I don't really want to tbh.

On a semi-related note, has anyone noticed that the writers for Disney don't seem to be too good at writing relationships? Like the Lily-and-Oliver paring. It just came out of nowhere.
The only one that seems to be decently written nowadays is actually the Alex/Justin pairing. Which is incest. And bad.

I don't know, none of the parings have any moments that make me go "awwwww! :cutie:" the way some on Cartoon Network and even a couple Nickelodeon do.
icarly, BTR, and victorious are better written and i like them a lot better than soem disney shows. nick had all that and amanda show too... which sonny with a chance is close to that, but i think disney needs a twen/teen version of SNL. it's all very repetitive. a girl whose a secert pop star, a girl whose a secert wizard, a girl whose secertly physchic. privledge kids (living in malibu, on a crusie ship, on a tv show) good luck charlies the only show aout a normal family... and the shows really suckey.

There's a good reason that Nick has better ships in their shows: they have better writers, especially iCarly (I'm a major Seddie aka Sam/Freddie shipper) In terms of cartoons, however, Disney has Nick beat with their only decent show: Phineas and Ferb, which is also their only cartoon, sadly. So, here's the summary:

LIve action: Nick>Disney
Cartoons: Nick<Disney

phil of the future!!!!!!!!! i loved that show!!!! i have a friend (friend of a freind story) who's sister was roomates with rickey's next door neighbor. long story short the roomate gave her his number and now my friend is trying to get it from her sister.
I was obsessed with that show when I was 8, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter