The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Jack: You roll with the Dis, that makes you one of the cool kids! See, you were cool and didn't even know it!

I wonder what our chances of a price match with Delta are. I hate to buy too soon, but seeing the price of two tickets for what the price one has been is making me antsy. I really hate to miss a sale! :cutie:

Jack and Cathie should consider themselves "Oficially" part of the Adventure.

The only thing left to do is paperwork and I will get to that as soon as I can.

Our group just got bigger and better. :)

This is going to be awesome!

Aloha / Ciao

John just booked our flights -THIS IS SO REAL NOW !! :dance3:
Newark to Rome direct Continental leaving 5:25 pm on 5/22 and then on 6/1 leaving Venice 10:15 am to Frankfurt to Newark - Lufthansa.

This price was ridiculously low:rotfl2:

Anyone else wanna leave from Newark or return back to Newark ... the more the merrier !!:rotfl:

:love: Micki

Jack and Cathie are now officially "official".

They are booked with ABD and their names are on the Adventurer's List.

It doesn't get any more "official" than that!

Welcome to the Adventure!!!!!

Congratulations Jack and Cathie! Welcome to the trip

Yay! Welcome Jack and Cathie!!

I'm about to book airfare with US Airways...I believe. I don't have my paperwork in front of me. Does anyone know the earliest time that we can book the flight for on the departure day?

Thanks everyone. We are looking forward to this and to getting to know everyone, well, except for Christy (but only because we already know her from PCC 2.0).

Christy, the ABD site simply says to book the departure "Anytime after breakfast." Not very helpful.

:banana: Yeah Jack and Cathie :banana:

Micki: You got your own screen name! Good for you! I think Jeri and I are on both of your flights with you two. How fun is that!?!

Yay! Welcome Jack and Cathie!!

I'm about to book airfare with US Airways...I believe. I don't have my paperwork in front of me. Does anyone know the earliest time that we can book the flight for on the departure day?

Remember, the water taxi will be picking you up at the hotel approx. 3 hours before your flight departs from Marco Polo airport.
If your flight is at 8:00am you will be leaving the hotel at 5:00am

Flights are booked!!!:banana:

US Airways...Atlanta to Charlotte to Rome (arriving on the 23rd)
US Airways...Venice to Philadelphia to Atlanta

Paid under $1000...fabulous!

Questions: I usually try to fly direct and avoid layovers. My only experience with international flights were the flights for the London/Paris trip this year...which were direct flights. On this trip, I'll have layovers on arrival and departure flights. Where will I go through customs, etc. on the way back? Philadelphia (layover city) or Atlanta (home)? Where will I check in for my departure flight? Domestic (since I have a layover in Charlotte) or International (since my final destination is Rome)? I shouldn't have to worry about my baggage in the layover cities. Right?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm not the most seasoned traveler.

Questions: I usually try to fly direct and avoid layovers. My only experience with international flights were the flights for the London/Paris trip this year...which were direct flights. On this trip, I'll have layovers on arrival and departure flights. Where will I go through customs, etc. on the way back? Philadelphia (layover city) or Atlanta (home)? Where will I check in for my departure flight? Domestic (since I have a layover in Charlotte) or International (since my final destination is Rome)? I shouldn't have to worry about my baggage in the layover cities. Right?

I'm told by my partners, who fly internationally, that you'll go through customs in the the layover city on the return flight and that you'll have to have your baggage with you.

You'll check-in for all flights at your departure city, and your luggage will be checked all the way to Rome. On your return to the US, you'll go through US Customs on the first flight that arrives in the US (Philadelphia). Your bags will also come off the plane, and then have to be rechecked to your final destination.

**By the way - I hope you have a couple of hours between flights in Philadelphia.

I'm told by my partners, who fly internationally, that you'll go through customs in the the layover city on the return flight and that you'll have to have your baggage with you.

You'll check-in for all flights at your departure city, and your luggage will be checked all the way to Rome. On your return to the US, you'll go through US Customs on the first flight that arrives in the US (Philadelphia). Your bags will also come off the plane, and then have to be rechecked to your final destination.

**By the way - I hope you have a couple of hours between flights in Philadelphia.

Thanks for the replies! Great information!

Yes...I have three hours between flights in Philadelphia...although I'm not looking forward to running around an airport that I've never been to before trying to make my next flight.

Thanks for the replies! Great information!

Yes...I have three hours between flights in Philadelphia...although I'm not looking forward to running around an airport that I've never been to before trying to make my next flight.

We'll have to compare notes after the trip to decide which is easier - a change of flights internationally or domestically !!:scared1:

We'll have to compare notes after the trip to decide which is easier - a change of flights internationally or domestically !!:scared1:

I specifically looked for the layovers in the US. I know I'd probably be able to find someone that spoke English in other countries but I was guaranteed that in Charlotte and Philadelphia. If I'm going to be running around (and stressed...b/c I know I will be) then I'd rather that happen in states. No reason to take it out on the citizens of other countries. :good vibes

Now that the flight is booked, I've asked Kevin to add my pre-night in Rome. Check and check....now I've just got to pay for the trip.

I've also got to start really researching what I want to do outside of the things included with the Adventure. I didn't research enough for London and Paris. I regret that now. That's not going to happen this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter