The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

...and the guy that played Garak also played Liberace (which sounds Italian).

xISGdScouB5Zmbp.jpg

Obsidian? Seriously? :scared1: Do they *want* the kid to hate them? As the future Auntie of this kid, I think it's your moral duty to change their minds and help them see the error of their ways!!!!! Think of your poor, defenseless niece/nephew!

Sayhello

We are doing an OYO in the Jungfrau region before returning to reality via Geneva. I have a number of electronic maps but i would like a paper map as a backup. It is surprisingly difficult to find one online.

Sounds like fun. I prefer paper maps myself.

I would casually ask her if she started a college fund or started putting away bail money, as little Obsidian is in for a rough road.

OK, this is a little obscure, but this was the first thing that popped in my mind.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Obsidian_Order

Obsidian? Seriously? :scared1: Do they *want* the kid to hate them? As the future Auntie of this kid, I think it's your moral duty to change their minds and help them see the error of their ways!!!!! Think of your poor, defenseless niece/nephew!

Sayhello

All I keep thinking of is here's Count Obsidian, Lord of the Underworld, right hand man to Anubis. Yes, he has a jackal's head and a federal identification number, why do you ask?

My plan so far: First, I've made her feel guilty and bad for me that my sister didn't accept any suggestions for baby names (though on their own they came up with Charlotte, so pretty good) and so my friend Jamie has agreed that I can keep making suggestions. My second step, I text her two or three baby names throughout the day and I'm just hoping some of them stick. I've done Topaz and Opal and Ruby, which, you know, whatever, but I'm also throwing in some other theme names. I did flowers one day and cities one day. Her husband has said no Disney names (freak) like Belle. Fine. So I've done Alice and Wendy and Peter and Christopher. Maybe one of those will slide under his Disney radar. Plus, all of Jamie's brothers and sisters have J names, so keeping with that theme I've done Jane and Jack (no Jasmine 'cause of the Disney thing) Fingers crossed she's not just humoring me.

Matt: Safe travels tomorrow! Enjoy your land/sea package! Make sure to try all of the gelato so you can give good recs when we get there. :thumbsup2

Finishing up last minute stuff for our trip since we leave for our cruise in a week.

Kevin has some surprises for everyone this trip!!!

Is anyone else just ready to get out of dodge? This work thing is for the birds.

I'm starting to do some packing preliminaries and the list making has begun in earnest.
I hate having to decide what I want to wear 19 days from now. I can barely wrap my mind about what I want to wear when I get up each day.
One thing is for sure ... I don't do laundry in the bathroom sink, so having the right amount of "unmentionables" is a priority.

Finishing up last minute stuff for our trip since we leave for our cruise in a week.

Kevin has some surprises for everyone this trip!!!

And here I thought Kevin was the taunter!

I'm starting to do some packing preliminaries and the list making has begun in earnest.
I hate having to decide what I want to wear 19 days from now. I can barely wrap my mind about what I want to wear when I get up each day.
One thing is for sure ... I don't do laundry in the bathroom sink, so having the right amount of "unmentionables" is a priority.

I've at least got the bags out so the cats will get used to seeing them out. I pretty much just pack everything I own. That way I don't forget anything.
:laundy:

Matt: Safe travels tomorrow! Enjoy your land/sea package! Make sure to try all of the gelato so you can give good recs when we get there. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Am now in Adelaide, Australia at possibly the worst Hilton in the world (I know thats a big call).

Anything that isn't in the bag/s now isn't coming to italy, I will see home again in a months time.

No problems trying all the gelato in the world - I started at Sydney Airport last night...

Matt

Matt,

Have a safe trip, and enjoy the cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you in Rome!

Frank

I just spent some time talking Italy with a co-worker that studied there. She's sending me recommendations on restaurants...including one that "was the best meal she's ever had". :goodvibes

Can't believe that two weeks from now I will be waiting out my layover in Charlotte for the final leg to Rome. :cool1:

The 2 week realization hit me today as well. Don't know if I can wait.

I'm really getting myself prepared to go, this weekend when I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond I discovered they have the best selection of travel size items that I've seen anywhere. Let's just say I stocked up!

I've also downloaded two great albums from iTunes to listen to on the trip:
"Amore" by Andrea Bocelli
"Italia" by Chris Botti

And I downloaded two new books for my Kindle for the trip to read on the plane and at night before going to sleep:
"Top Of The Rock: Inside The Rise and Fall On Must See TV" (behind the scenes of NBC's Thursday night lineup in the 90's). This is right up my alley, my favorite books are about television history.

"Most Talkative: Stories From The Front Lines Of Pop Culture" by Andy Cohen.

This week I also call Verizon about getting a global phone, I hope to get something better than the Blackberry they sent for London & Paris, I could never quite adjust to that phone...I wish the Verizon iPhone 4 worked in Europe.

Jason

Only two weeks left, wow - I have a lot to do to get ready!

This week I also call Verizon about getting a global phone, I hope to get something better than the Blackberry they sent for London & Paris, I could never quite adjust to that phone...I wish the Verizon iPhone 4 worked in Europe.

Jason

Jason,

I had the opportunity this week to get my Verizon iPhone 4 upgraded to the 4S, which is supposed to work "worldwide".

I will let you know how that works out.....I am sure there is another ABD world adventure in both of our futures.

Well, in honor of finally entering into our last two weeks of waiting I've decided to get a terrible cold. Really? I mean REALLY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thing has got to go! Like right now. :headache:

Okay...we're down to the last few days before we leave.

The luggage is out, the stuff is dry cleaned, the euros and passports are where they should be, the iPad is updated.....looks like we're ready.

I've been watching the weather and it looks like mid 70s during the day and then mid to high 50's at night. There have been a couple of warmer days into the 80s, but it looks like perfect weather.

If anyone as any questions....now is the time.:thumbsup2

Oh yeah...I'll be in chat tomorrow night too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter