• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS for "Old Fogies" here at Last - FUN Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...that's funny :rotfl: and so like Piers!

My DH is really a prince. He is very tolerant and amazingly patient. He was just amused that I had taken the trouble to move the laptop off the regular table and on my lap in front of the TV...with a blanket around me....and two glasses of water...and a bowl of fruit.....;)

He only drew the link about me not eating dinner with him and DS.

Sounds like you upping the dosage has worked wonders for you. Will this mean back to work or are you a woman of independent means?

That's funny about you in front of the TV. :laughing:

It's back to working more, soon.

Excellent. Nothing like the routine of work to make you feel (ab)normal again.

I really don't know. DH has another trip lined up for work but it really doesn't fit into mine or DS' schedule. So, he's probably going to be flying solo.

The exchange rate is really good at the moment and I'd love to get back to the East Coast and see the Civil War country (and shop in NY).

You shoud come in the fall as the leaves change to really pretty colors here.

bf-treefallsmiley.gif

The Civil War stuff, you have to do in the summer.

I've been trying to time a leaf-peeper trip for quite a few years now....just never seems to work out for me.

I'll have to remember that summer is better for the Civil War.

What about you? Any trips planned?

Down to the Jersey shore, :beach: and to do some hiking.

Sounds like a great holiday. I love hiking in the bush. The Jersey Shore seems to be a popular holiday spot. The Catskills - isn't that the bottom end of the Appalachians?

The Appalachians, I think, are down near North Carolina where The Last of the Mohicans, was filmed.

The Catskills are in NY, west of the Hudson River.

Is it all dry desert in the bush? Or is that just a stereotype image we have?

Off to take a bit of a nap again. Boy, this will really screw up my biorhythms. :headache:

The Outback is the stereotypical red sand and the odd smattering of trees. It is dry; but not quite dry enough to be classed as true dessert. The outback can also be grazing country.

Bush just means ...well...country. It could be the outback or it could be bush like this...

Dandenongs068.jpg

This is part of the (small) National Park on the Dandenong Ranges. It is a popular spot to go to at the weekend for artsy type shopping and devonshire teas.

Wow! You old fogies have certainly been busy! Yay!:yay: for our new home! Yes I went to bed last night, yesterday was a heavy physical labor day. This morning I will take a bath and relish in aging yet another year! I am rapidly approaching Sr. Veteran status!

I love :love: the new rec room! Nice and spacious and it even has a flat screen jumbo TV! And a pool table too! Sweet!

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

Make sure you don't leave something on the stove, have over 240 pages left on our lease here!

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter