• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a start on the tr ...not much yet but its started Ive been so busy with my business and all I havnt had any downtime till today and the weekedn Im going out of town for family visit link in signature

Dads,
It's been a long time since last stop on thread. DS started HS this
year and in Marching Band so everything is topsy turvee from start
of Football season, games contests etc.. Being part of Booster Club
and "Pit Crew" and of course Christmas time in retail not a lot of time
available.

Need HELP and Advice!!!!

Our HS Band has been invited to March in "Rose Bowl Parade" on
New Years Day 2010. Questions are ideas to raise money for the
kids.

All suggestions appreciated.

It's going to be a long 14 months till the trip to Pasadena, with
the main redeeming factor is visiting "The Mouse and The Duck"
in July.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

DDD

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :goodvibes :confused3 :confused3

Dads,
It's been a long time since last stop on thread. DS started HS this
year and in Marching Band so everything is topsy turvee from start
of Football season, games contests etc.. Being part of Booster Club
and "Pit Crew" and of course Christmas time in retail not a lot of time
available.

Need HELP and Advice!!!!

Our HS Band has been invited to March in "Rose Bowl Parade" on
New Years Day 2010. Questions are ideas to raise money for the
kids.

All suggestions appreciated.

It's going to be a long 14 months till the trip to Pasadena, with
the main redeeming factor is visiting "The Mouse and The Duck"
in July.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

DDD

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :goodvibes :confused3 :confused3

1. I would have a donation table at every High School event (football, basketball, etc).
2. Also, place donation jars at the beauty shops and barber shops in town.
3. Set up a website that can take donations. After the website is set up go to the local radio stations and have them interview the band members and tell the listeners how they can make donations. while you are at it go on the local morning news shows so that they can tell the viewers how to make donations.

When the website is set up let me know and I'll be one of the first to make a donation. USE THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!! I hope this helps to get the wheels turning! :thumbsup2

I am fairly new to the Disboards and cam across this group, I know I belong in here with everyone else, I meet a lot of the criteria; just going through the list I would have to say I meet at least 90 of them. I have 4 kids here and 2 from ex-wife living out of state, I try to buy everything Disney, I have just about every single thing audio from the parks and resorts on my computer, my MP3 player has nothing but Disney music and movies on it, my wife says I am crazy and if she knows better than to let me go into the World of Disney with my room charge by myself.

Welcome!!

Our HS Band has been invited to March in "Rose Bowl Parade" on New Years Day 2010. Questions are ideas to raise money for the kids.

DDD,

First, congrats to the band and supporters! :thumbsup2

When I was in High School, we had March-a-Thons to raise money for the year. This was an all night band practice at the non-busy end of a shopping center parking lot.

Another thing that I believe works well are Pancake Breakfasts, Dinners, or all day. Cheap to make. Sell tickets before hand and at the door. Many people will buy the tickets just to help out the band without showing up and this will also give you a good idea of how to prepare. Who doesn't like a good pancake?

Good luck with the trip. With a bunch of high school students, you'll need it!

1. I would have a donation table at every High School event (football, basketball, etc).
2. Also, place donation jars at the beauty shops and barber shops in town.
3. Set up a website that can take donations. After the website is set up go to the local radio stations and have them interview the band members and tell the listeners how they can make donations. while you are at it go on the local morning news shows so that they can tell the viewers how to make donations.

When the website is set up let me know and I'll be one of the first to make a donation. USE THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!! I hope this helps to get the wheels turning! :thumbsup2

all great ideas, also the local cable company, any place that has public access, or public announcements.

Thanks for all the ideas!!!!

Our website is http://chs.conroeisd.net/band/

We have members of the Boosters who were in the band in 1985 and did the parade then. Now their kids are going, talk about exciting for them.

We know it's going to be a long road but we will make it.

the band motto is:

Winners in Thought...Winners in Heart...Winners in Life

Hi Dads,

Some of you are familiar with my friend's story and thought I'd share. I received this note from Lori and thought you would like to know...set your DVR's. For those unfamiliar, John has lung cancer (he's 39, never smoked) won a national golf contest and played 18 holes w/Matt Lauer, Justin Timberlake, and Tony Romo prior to the US Open this year. It was an incredible opportunity and helped raise awareness for Lung Cancer.

Since that time, John has had some significant struggles in his fight but continues to "keep the faith" as his motto.

"We just wanted to pass along that the Today Show will be doing a story about John and lung cancer on Thursday, November 13th between 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. in any time zone. Matt Lauer will be introducing the story. The camera crews followed John to his CT scan, interviewed John at our home, and spent time with our family at Saturday's Husker game. We look forward to an informative piece for Lung Cancer Awareness month."

thanks,
bob

ps...back to the world in January!!!! Seven nites at SSR!

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

I have been spending a little time on the DVC boards and we have been considering a membership. I was wondering if any of you Disney Dad's were members and if you could let me know if you like it.

Thanks.....:thumbsup2

Hey Guys,

I have been spending a little time on the DVC boards and we have been considering a membership. I was wondering if any of you Disney Dad's were members and if you could let me know if you like it.

LOVE IT!!! It works for us. We are a family of three, and stay in studios, so I get to go 3 times a year :banana: :banana: Basically, do a lot of research to see if it will work for you. We also have friends who are DVC, and sometimes go with them, pool our points, and stay in a 2BR. :cool1:

Hey Guys,

We own at SST, BWV, and AKV and we love it. We go 2-3 times a year and really enjoy our DVC, we will get more once finances are in better shape but it is a great investment.

Hey Guys,

We are fairly recent DVC owners at AKV (finalized paperwork last October). We have gone on 4 trips so far, and are looking forward to our New Year's trip for our first stay at AKV (previous stays at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Hilton Head). We are also currently booked around July 4th back at AKV for 8 nights.

DVC lets you spread out the cost over the year, and plan far enough in advance to normally get the situation and accomodations you want. Like someone else said, do plenty of research because only you can determine if it works for your situation. With three boys who are quickly growing up and soon moving out in some cases, it is a great way for us to build more memories and spend more time together while we still have the chance.

We are fairly recent DVC owners at AKV (finalized paperwork last October). We have gone on 4 trips so far, and are looking forward to our New Year's trip for our first stay at AKV (previous stays at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Hilton Head). We are also currently booked around July 4th back at AKV for 8 nights.

DVC lets you spread out the cost over the year, and plan far enough in advance to normally get the situation and accomodations you want. Like someone else said, do plenty of research because only you can determine if it works for your situation. With three boys who are quickly growing up and soon moving out in some cases, it is a great way for us to build more memories and spend more time together while we still have the chance.

How did you like Saratoga Springs? They are giving matching developer points with a Bay Lake Tower purchase. If you choose the matching developer points they must be used at SSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter