The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo

Glad to see I am not the only Dad who gets hyper at the thought of Disney. Less than 6 weeks till I am there and I swear if I could stay awake for every moment of my trip there I would. Even standing in a queue in blazing sun for 2 hours on my last trip for my daughter to meet Ariel I still thought there was nowhere else I wanted to be than right there in the middle of Disney!

I would say I am good for about a third of the 101

Hey guys, So there is help for us dads that are addicted to Disney aka ATD. Well, as you can see, I'm so Disney I worked at Disneyland. And my wife & I just celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary on the Disney Magic cruise ship. Thanks for the fix... I really needed this. Vern

I was wondering how that worked. We ate there in '06 and there was a family celebrating their daughter's b-day, and the divers came up with a sign wishing her happy b-day, and we had no clue how it worked. Is there a charge, or do they actually do it for free? I know that free is just not in their vocabulary very often, so if there's no charge I might just fall over... :lmao:

There has been no mention of a charge for the service so I am hoping it is free. I think it is free but if not it is still cool and I will pay. If I were you I would fall over onto a bed or the couch.:lmao:

Just found this thread and am glad to join!!!! Planning another trip for 2009.

BTW....It's Helmets and Pads season. GOT JETS!!!!

Welcome sorry to hear your a Jets fan. Go Steelers:woohoo: :woohoo:

Woohoo

Glad to see I am not the only Dad who gets hyper at the thought of Disney. Less than 6 weeks till I am there and I swear if I could stay awake for every moment of my trip there I would. Even standing in a queue in blazing sun for 2 hours on my last trip for my daughter to meet Ariel I still thought there was nowhere else I wanted to be than right there in the middle of Disney!

Welcome to the club!!!!

Woohoo

Hey guys, So there is help for us dads that are addicted to Disney aka ATD. Well, as you can see, I'm so Disney I worked at Disneyland. And my wife & I just celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary on the Disney Magic cruise ship. Thanks for the fix... I really needed this. Vern

:welcome: new dis dad club members

Just found this thread and am glad to join!!!! Planning another trip for 2009.

BTW....It's Helmets and Pads season. GOT JETS!!!!

Woohoo

WELCOME guys!!

The Olympics Openning Ceromony is Friday

olympicscopy.jpg

I hope the air quality is greatly improved or everyone will be wearing air filter masks

Chillcoupons, thanks for the post regarding the divers and the personalized menus. As soon as I read that I was on the phone and made dining reservations for December 7th. Still waiting for a response about the diver issue.

For anyone else who is interested, I called and made the dining reservation, and then they tried to connect me to the Coral Reef directly. This did not work, as I got transferred to another restaurant.

I called Coral Reef directly and they gave me an email address to send my particulars. As soon as I get more details about the divers and the personalized menu, I will post again. All I know as of now, is with the menu, there is a limit of six pictures.

Email address for requesting the diver and menu is:

wdw.epcot.coral.reef.restaurant@disney.com

Hi Dads, this group has grown a lot since my last visit. We were at the world in May and I haven't had time to do anything but get my son ready to go to school.
All you dads with little ones, enjoy your time with them as much as you can, the time goes way too fast. I will be driving my son college tomorrow, I don't know where the time went. My DD, 13, doesn't want him to go, it hasn't really settled in to me yet but it's getting there. It's great to see him grow into a man, make his own choices and decisions, but I still see him as this little peanut running around when I look at him. Don't know yet if that feeling will ever go away.

Hi Dads, this group has grown a lot since my last visit. We were at the world in May and I haven't had time to do anything but get my son ready to go to school.
All you dads with little ones, enjoy your time with them as much as you can, the time goes way too fast. I will be driving my son college tomorrow, I don't know where the time went. My DD, 13, doesn't want him to go, it hasn't really settled in to me yet but it's getting there. It's great to see him grow into a man, make his own choices and decisions, but I still see him as this little peanut running around when I look at him. Don't know yet if that feeling will ever go away.

I know the feeling all to well...my DD is now 25 and she is my little little princes forever :goodvibes

I am definitely a Dis Dad!!! My DD was barely 5 months old when we started to plan our 12th trip to the MK so that it would coincide with her actual 1st birthday. Booked a Fireworks "celebration" cruise for DW and friends. I am totally excited about experiencing WDW (esp MK) through the eyes of a toddler!!!

I am definitely a Dis Dad!!! My DD was barely 5 months old when we started to plan our 12th trip to the MK so that it would coincide with her actual 1st birthday. Booked a Fireworks "celebration" cruise for DW and friends. I am totally excited about experiencing WDW (esp MK) through the eyes of a toddler!!!

:welcome: to our newest Dad...sounds awesome for you DD :woohoo:

Hey everyone...I'm pretty sure that I qualify (see avitar).

I've been lurking around here for a bit so I figured I should probably introduce myself. I also may possibly be the newest dad around these parts of the DIS Boards (but maybe not :confused3 ). My little man was born on July 19th and will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Where does the time go???

I'm trying to convince DW to take a trip in the next little while but she's pretty resistant. Truth be known, she was the Disney fanatic before I was but I was converted after I started to plan our first trip in May 2006. Ever since I've been hooked and can't stop thinking about getting back. We went last May as well and I definitely went through some withdrawl symptoms this past May when we didn't return. I'm hoping that we can make it back in Dec. 2009 but the way DW is talking we'll likely be pregnant again :scared: . It's hard to imagine having two especially when the first one hasn't even started terrorizing anything yet...

I've been lurking around here for a bit so I figured I should probably introduce myself. I also may possibly be the newest dad around these parts of the DIS Boards (but maybe not :confused3 ). My little man was born on July 19th and will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Where does the time go???

I'm trying to convince DW to take a trip in the next little while but she's pretty resistant. Truth be known, she was the Disney fanatic before I was but I was converted after I started to plan our first trip in May 2006. Ever since I've been hooked and can't stop thinking about getting back. We went last May as well and I definitely went through some withdrawl symptoms this past May when we didn't return. I'm hoping that we can make it back in Dec. 2009 but the way DW is talking we'll likely be pregnant again :scared: . It's hard to imagine having two especially when the first one hasn't even started terrorizing anything yet...

WELCOME to you both!!

Congrats bdtracey... enjoy every moment with your little guy! It does go quickly.

Hey Dads I learned something pretty cool on another thread. The Coral Reef restaurant will personalize the menu for you. All you have to do is send pictures. They will also have a diver swim by your table with a personalized sign.

WOW...this sounds really cool...THANKS!

Welcome sorry to hear your a Jets fan. Go Steelers:woohoo: :woohoo:

Chill....don't feel sorry for JimFitz, feel sorry for me....I'm a Bengals fan!!!

Just got back Friday from 5 days @ WDW. It was hot as Hades, but we had a fantastic time!! Stayed at the Boardwalk. 13 y/o daughter got to drive the Raycer boat for the first time and she was ecstatic. :drive: Now she wants to know when she can get her drivers' license (!!) :sad2: :scared1:

Our park strategy was to avoid the extra Magic Hours parks and that worked beautifully...we didn't wait more than 20 minutes for a ride all week and this was during one of their busiest times of the year. My 10 y/o son worked up his courage to ride Rockin' Roller coaster for the first time and absolutely loved it. Right at the take-off he was screaming, "THIS IS AWESOMEEEEE!!!" Loved it so much he built a (very rough) replica of it out of cardboard once we got home. :artist:

Now just 237 days until our Spring Break WDW vacation!! At least college football season is about to start and my Buckeyes can help pass the time until then. Go Bucks!!!

:welcome:...Im watching team USA winning over China by 13 points 4 mins left

I am beginning to worry I am getting too hyped with a full 5 weeks to go before I get on the plane to zoom over the Atlantic. Is it really possible for a holiday to match my, by now, wildly high expectations?? I fear on my first day at Hollywood Studios I will have such a goofy look on my face and be so wildly hyper about everything that I will end up being dragged off to a secure facility by security.

Have spent the last few hours scouring sites for a laptop so I can be online when on holiday. Sad but true, I am so addicted to being online that even 2 weeks in Disney is a test too far, gotta get my fix of news at all times. Happiness for me will be sitting in the bar with an ice cold pitcher of Miller surfing away at the end of another fun filled day :cool1:

Welcome and congrats on your new arrival! Like many people here, I took my child to WDW for the first time when she was quite young (8 months old). We stayed at AKL and she loved being on the balcony, where she made noises at the animals. What I'm trying to say is, if you manage to convince to wife to go and want to bring your baby -- don't let anyone tell you that it's wrong.

OK Dads here are some of the pics from our customized stroller. The stroller was designed just for our next trip in October 2008. DS4 will need a stroller, but DS6 just needs a seat every once in a while. Instead of spending $200 for a sit and stand that we would only be used a couple of times, DW and I decided to modify this unit.

Here are the before picture. The problem with this one is the front wheel does not swivel, so it is hard to turn, you end up dragging the front wheel every time you go left or right and there is not enough room for both kids.
208.jpg

207.jpg

Here are the after. I took the front wheel off and added two light duty hard rubber swivel casters. This solved the turning problem and added a foot rest for the second kid.
Stroller001.jpg

stroller007.jpg

stroller008.jpg

There was a problem when the second kid jumps on. When turning, it stressed the rear wheels. So I added some additional non-swivel casters in the back for some extra support.
Stroller005.jpg

Here are a few more pics of the front.
230.jpg

231.jpg

And just for fun I added a few hidden Mickey’s
Stroller004.jpg

Stroller002.jpg

I have one last thing yet to add. If it works out the way I designed it, the stroller should have a little Spectro Magic after dark. My first attempt failed, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the second design works. If it does I will be sure to share those pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter