The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I ever miss this "guys" thread :confused3 . I have some reading to catch up on.

WELCOME!!

Looks like I'll get my house to myself for a couple of days too. I return from a week on the road tonight but DW and DD's are all visiting family and attending a shower. DW will get back Sunday night and I leave again on Monday. :sad2:

On a good note, everything worked out this week to take the family with me to FL for a business trip with a few days before to hang out in the WDW area. :woohoo:

Very cool!

Oh man...wish I had the house to myself that long:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DW will never allow it...she'd be worried the house wouldn't be standing when she got back:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

She's still trying to figure out how I survived all those years without her:confused3 :rotfl2:

Fed - how's your little DISer doing? What kinds of things is he doing now? I bet you're just loving being back stateside and able to watch him discover new stuff...

How did I not find this thread until now? :sad2:
Another Dis'er dad coming in to say hi :wave2:

I'm fairly close to meeting all the criteria (especially the Disney podcast to music ratio), so maybe you guys will give me a pass until I get all 101 under my belt.

And yes, I have a LOT of reading to do, as well :scared1:

I'm fairly close to meeting all the criteria (especially the Disney podcast to music ratio), so maybe you guys will give me a pass until I get all 101 under my belt.

Welcome!!! Have fun "catching up"! :rotfl:

How did I ever miss this "guys" thread :confused3 . I have some reading to catch up on.

Welcome to the club!!!

Hey Buckeye,

I'm heading to the Boardwalk in September so if you have any tips after you get back LMK (you can post here or email me).

Someone recently gave me a fantastic beer tip if staying on/near the Boardwalk that I wanted to share to a group that could appreciate it.:drinking1

Bring a soft sided cooler in your luggage and make the short walk down to the Hess Station located next to the Boardwalk. They sell beer there at "off-site" prices (about $20 per case, not $4-5 per beer like at the pool). I've heard as long as you don't have glass bottles, you're good to go!

Have a great trip!

I think I read this yesterday and since then I have had a chance to do a bird's eye map view and holy cow...that Hess station is right across the street from the entrance of Boardwalk. What an awesome tip!!! Thanks!!

:welcome: your gonna love it here

:welcome: TO THE CLUB!!!

Hey Buckeye,

I'm heading to the Boardwalk in September so if you have any tips after you get back LMK (you can post here or email me).

colinsdad...sure thing. As soon as I recover from my post-vacation depression, I'll post a short trip report. Don't know if you're staying in the Boardwalk Inn or the Boardwalk Villas (DVC)....but they're currently renovating the rooms at the Boardwalk Inn. The ones that are done are going to be really nice! New linens, new mattresses, updated decor, flat screen t.v.'s. Just what I've heard. We're staying at the Villas with our DVC points though.

But no matter what room you get, you're going to have a blast. We've only stayed there once in a studio for 2 nights, never spent a real vacation there, so we're all really looking forward to it!

How long does it take for my membership card to come in the mail?

I meet the following criteria: 1, 2, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 32, 38, 48, 49, 54, 61, 75, 101.

Just booked a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. It is little Einsteins and Jojo's Circus. I have seen one episode of Little Einsteins and have never seen Jojo's Circus. I made my ADR for 8:00 and the park doesn't open until 9:00. I will be done eating by 8:50 and will be in the front of the line for Toy Story Mania!!!!! Might even try to grab a fast pass for TOT before I go to TSM.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

hey Chill...I see you got in! The Maulers will be ready to take you out!

Stopher...I had a week to myself recently...loved it. Did the chores but managed five rounds of golf, too...

Just booked a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. It is little Einsteins and Jojo's Circus. I have seen one episode of Little Einsteins and have never seen Jojo's Circus. I made my ADR for 8:00 and the park doesn't open until 9:00. I will be done eating by 8:50 and will be in the front of the line for Toy Story Mania!!!!! Might even try to grab a fast pass for TOT before I go to TSM.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We will be there 11/1/08, my DS-3 can't wait. He likes both Jo-Jo and little Einsteins.

managed five rounds of golf, too...

Atta-Boy (minniekissedme)!!

I played for the first time in about a month last week. 18 on Friday and 18 on Saturday. Played well on Saturday.

Stopher...I had a week to myself recently...loved it. Did the chores but managed five rounds of golf, too...

The Old Band-Aid Riders will be the Gold Standard for the league!!!!

We will be there 11/1/08, my DS-3 can't wait. He likes both Jo-Jo and little Einsteins.

My precious little girl turned 3 months on the 25th so I am sure I will get to know the finer points of both shows in the near future.

How is the stroller coming along? Any pictures?

wow 155 thread pages . I haven't been here since about page 30. been working to much . Wish I had time for golf. The only time I can golf is when there is snow on the ground. :rotfl2: . you guys should try it . try to find a small white golf ball in the snow. :rotfl2: with the type of business I do that is the only time I have free time . I am the winter diser. It is hard enough to get the time off to go to disney in September. well talk to you guys later if you don't hear from me in a while I will see you when I slow down in December LOL later

wow 155 thread pages . I haven't been here since about page 30. been working to much . Wish I had time for golf. The only time I can golf is when there is snow on the ground. :rotfl2: . you guys should try it . try to find a small white golf ball in the snow. :rotfl2: with the type of business I do that is the only time I have free time . I am the winter diser. It is hard enough to get the time off to go to disney in September. well talk to you guys later if you don't hear from me in a while I will see you when I slow down in December LOL later

How about a orange golf ball? and how deep is that snow... cause you may neep a GPS golf ball......lol

No golf here (I like it, just don't play but once in a blue moon...I played more when we lived in CA and I had a buddy there that was obsessed and always wanted to play) - but I have enjoyed several flicks, putzed about in the garden, changed the oil in DW's van, grilled and chilled on the patio for a while the other day, slept in a few times, and took several bike rides... all in all, it's been QUITE relaxing! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter