• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher, nice job last night! Loved all the old school pics! ::yes::

And now that 'we' proved a point that the DDC could be closed in a month, can we go back to 'normal' posting? :lmao::lmao:

HEY DON.....

When you ask for our own board, use these stats as exhibit #1! :lmao::lmao:

Love what you've done with the place!

No kidding! I'll have to ask in this has ever been done before! Sheesh!
And thanks :) Was hoping to have a little more time to come up with some new changes, but why fix something that's not broken? :lmao: Oh yeah... because we are DADS! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

.. and OWNAGE!

If threads keep getting closed down as fast as VII did ,Don is going to want a pay raise:lmao::rotfl2:

As long as it wasn't taken - Fauntleroy

I'll buy a beer for the first one that figures it out.

Its already taken. He just happens to be a Disdad too. FauntleroyFAN07 Disdad #125. Make my beer one of the root types please.

Picture4.jpg

Great to meet you guys yesterday! I wish we could have spent more time hanging out--Chris and his DW were nice enough to open their home to us and make lunch for my whole family, and Tim and his DD were nice enough to drive a half-hour out of their way just to make the meet happen. They're great people, and a lot of fun. I hope we can do it again someday. Always great to exchange a "virtual" friendship for the chance to shake a buddy's hand and hang out.

And now that 'we' proved a point that the DDC could be closed in a month, can we go back to 'normal' posting? :lmao::lmao:

Amen! :lmao::rotfl2: I can't keep my head above water!

That would be Donald F. Duck. Not a beer drinker though, so one of the other guys can have mine. :thumbsup2

TR update... yeah... about that... :rolleyes1 Hoping to get one done today.. but since SOME people want to go and spend all night posting cool pictures like they have nothing better to do with their time... might be a little late on that one :rolleyes:

:rolleyes1

I certainly hope this thread moves a little slower... I'm not sure I can keep up with this pace :hyper2: But I'll have my laptop with me and will be able to open the new thread if needed.

Well knowing that YOU are going to be gone in early May - just a bit over a month away... regardless of how fast this thread may or may not move... you might just want to be ready with IX before you leave, if it hasn't been closed out beforehand... perhaps even pass the task off to someone else if it hasn't closed out before you leave. You don't want to disrupt your vacation to worry about setting up a new thread.

Just popping in to check out the new thread before heading out the door. I'll be back later. Nice work on the new thread Don - glad you liked my thread title suggestion.

Oh, and podcast recording day is TOMORROW, not today.

Picture4.jpg

Great to meet you guys yesterday! I wish we could have spent more time hanging out--Chris and his DW were nice enough to open their home to us and make lunch for my whole family, and Tim and his DD were nice enough to drive a half-hour out of their way just to make the meet happen. They're great people, and a lot of fun. I hope we can do it again someday. Always great to exchange a "virtual" friendship for the chance to shake a buddy's hand and hang out.

That is so very nice!! :thumbsup2

Hope we can do the same in July Mark...

Wanted to post this up here again for any new folks and as a reminder of the deadline for the first order:

For the shirts, I believe I have enough dads interested to get the ball rolling on an order. So.... this is what I plan on doing:

- Create an order form for interested dads to fill out
- Set deadline for order submissions
- Create and send out PayPal invoices to each dad for their order
- Send order to local print shop. They require 50% down when order is placed which I will take care of.
- When the shirts arrive, I will ship out the orders using USPS flat rate shipping once payment is made by PayPal. $4.95 to anywhere sounds good to me. I may have to charge more for shipping for more than 2 shirts. Currently, the medium box is $10.95 flat rate. I need to get to USPS and see the sizes I'm working with. If anyone has some shipping tips, send me a PM please!

Since there are a few dads that would like to have the shirt ASAP, I'd like to set the deadline as this Friday, April 1st (and no, this isn't an April Fool's joke ). This is just to get the shirt order placed. Payment can be made at a later date (TBD).

I'm not looking to make any money doing this... just want the dads to get a good deal and be able to proudly display our logo! Keep in mind, this shirt will include the "colorized" version. Again, here is what the shirt would look like in white:

Front (Hard to see, but the text is "Member ###, Then your username):

ShirtFront.png

Back:

ShirtBack.png

If interested, please use this link to place your order:

DIS Dad Club Shirt Order Form

Just popping in to check out the new thread before heading out the door. I'll be back later. Nice work on the new thread Don - glad you liked my thread title suggestion.

Happy Birthday Aaron:bday: Did you turn 42 or 43 today:confused3

Hey doesnt someone have a birthday today? :banana::banana::banana:

Donald’s middle name

No kidding! I'll have to ask in this has ever been done before! Sheesh!
And thanks :) Was hoping to have a little more time to come up with some new changes, but why fix something that's not broken? :lmao: Oh yeah... because we are DADS! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

That’s one of those unwritten Dad creeds: “If it ain’t broken, then we might just need to break it.”

Ya’ done good.
Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Aaron! You deserve this day with no podcast to celebrate being a year older!!! ;)

So you got a break from the Famous Oblivious Family PB&J road trip sandwiches?

Or did you get DisDadDoc Brand PB&J? :rotfl2:

Christopher finally pulls off a win! And to think, he only had to post his entire picture gallery to do it! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay, back to yesterday:

1) Thank you to all the encouragement re: the GF swap. I'll keep you informed. We've got a lot of great friends both local and online who have been living GF for 10-20 years so we've got a ton of great recipes. One of whom is going to come by tomorrow with some of her baked goodies for my wife to sample. We've also found an app for our phones (android) that scans barcodes of food to see if it's GF and another that finds local restaurants and explains what you can and can't eat as well as their response to patrons with allergy issues.

2) Seriously - how many pictures did you post, Christopher? Wait, no - how many trips did you cover?

3) I had a DVC question but I answered it before I posted it. :) NM.

This is crazy, I have a busy life for a little bit and miss a thread and a half. I hate to say it but I will not be reading back to catch up.

Just had to check in and say HI. Wish me luck on talking the DW into another Disney Vacation when the tax refund comes on Friday (hopefully). She said the dreaded words "I would like to see something else", but I will work on that.

The T-shirts look awesome and may have to order one.

Hope everyone has a great day and hopefully next time I jump on the Dis, we are not on DisDadsX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter