The DIS Dad's Club VII - Oh Peanut Butter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That works perfectly! Fill it with gasoline, douse the zombies and then throw firecrackers at them... How could that not be fun??????
Not only is that a great idea, it also sounds like a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon.

We did Sum of All Thrills for the first time. I'd definitely recommend it, but would hit it early. It didn't show up on our touring plan.

Gotta’ second this one. We hopped on that back in December. Total blast! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that y’all are living it up down there.
Keep it up (we got an image to protect around here).

Great job on the podcast this week guys. Any word on it becoming available on iTunes?

It's there now. It looks like it takes about 24 hours from the time I ping iTunes to tell it we've got a fresh episode for the episode to show up. The additional time it took with this episode was probably my own fault, because I didn't realize that when my iTunes updated, it wasn't getting the episode from the iTunes server (I was getting it directly from disdads.com).

Looks like you're off to a good start. I hope you have a great week and the crowds stay manageable!:thumbsup2

Sounds great! Glad you're having fun!

Gotta’ second this one. We hopped on that back in December. Total blast! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that y’all are living it up down there.
Keep it up (we got an image to protect around here).

Thanks for all the well wishes. Wore my Disdads shirt, so I did my best to reflect well upon the group.

Rope Drop :thumbsup2 Man law abided
Get of your Electronic Device :thumbsup2 Man law abided. (Just used it for checking "lines" and taking pics)

It's there now. It looks like it takes about 24 hours from the time I ping iTunes to tell it we've got a fresh episode for the episode to show up. The additional time it took with this episode was probably my own fault, because I didn't realize that when my iTunes updated, it wasn't getting the episode from the iTunes server (I was getting it directly from disdads.com).

Sweet, gonna add that to my list of podcasts I subscribe to. Thanks a ton for all the work you guys do.

If I can ever find the time, I'd love to be a part of future podcasts.

OK guys....been talking to Shari...a Disney trip has been on again off again for months now due to finances....so it looks like as of now it is on agian for August...6-13. We are Hilton Time Share owners, but i can try to trade through RCI into a DVC which would allow us to escape some of the crowds during the EMH. Now, we will try for a 1 bedroom but need there to be a washer a dryer in the unit. The kids are 6 and 4 so need to have activities for them to do and such...soooooo as I am looking at the RCI site I see units in Coronado Springs, Beachclub, and Old Key West...what do I try for first and why? I need information....we have never stayed DVC before...Help a brother out.:confused3

OK guys....been talking to Shari...a Disney trip has been on again off again for months now due to finances....so it looks like as of now it is on agian for August...6-13. We are Hilton Time Share owners, but i can try to trade through RCI into a DVC which would allow us to escape some of the crowds during the EMH. Now, we will try for a 1 bedroom but need there to be a washer a dryer in the unit. The kids are 6 and 4 so need to have activities for them to do and such...soooooo as I am looking at the RCI site I see units in Coronado Springs, Beachclub, and Old Key West...what do I try for first and why? I need information....we have never stayed DVC before...Help a brother out.:confused3

We haven't stayed at CS or OKW but we love Beachclub. The big things it has going for it is:
proximity to Epcot (Its an easy walk, HS is walkable too but that's closer to a mile walk)
Stormalong bay (I think its the biggest pool at an onsite resort)
The Boardwalk ( there is a lot of stuff going on in that little cluster of resorts)

Steve: All 1 br's throughout the DVC system have w/d's in the units. Although your post is a bit confusing, since Coronado Springs does not have any DVC component to it... did you mean Saratoga Springs by chance?

Beachclub might be difficult to get in to, though I cannot say for that time of year, but it is just a few months from now. Stormalong Bay is the high demand pool, that no one can pool hop in to. You have to be staying there to be able to use it. Both OKW and SSR have a bunch of different activities, plus the Community Halls with activities, gaming and the like available. Either of those resorts will most likely have availability, though I'm not sure how the trading in thing works, as I've never done that before... but call your HGV Member Services (or whatever its called) and ask them about trading availability.

Once again looks like we will miss each other, we are arriving Aug 21

Steve: All 1 br's throughout the DVC system have w/d's in the units. Although your post is a bit confusing, since Coronado Springs does not have any DVC component to it... did you mean Saratoga Springs by chance?

Beachclub might be difficult to get in to, though I cannot say for that time of year, but it is just a few months from now. Stormalong Bay is the high demand pool, that no one can pool hop in to. You have to be staying there to be able to use it. Both OKW and SSR have a bunch of different activities, plus the Community Halls with activities, gaming and the like available. Either of those resorts will most likely have availability, though I'm not sure how the trading in thing works, as I've never done that before... but call your HGV Member Services (or whatever its called) and ask them about trading availability.

Yes Saratoga srpings is what I meant LOL My Bad

Epcot UK red phone booth numbers (Labelled as if you are facing them)
LEft 407 827 9862
Middle 407 827 9863
Right 407 827 9861

The one in the middle is out in the open so it's easier for people to hear. The ones on the left and right are enclosed in phone booths.

Making a note of this, it could be a real picker upper on a bad day:goodvibes

Once again looks like we will miss each other, we are arriving Aug 21

Geeez...meeting you is as hard as meeting Tim...I have nto met him yet either but he and I have been in many places at the same time on several occasions...one day we will luck out and make it happn!

Geeez...meeting you is as hard as meeting Tim...I have nto met him yet either but he and I have been in many places at the same time on several occasions...one day we will luck out and make it happn!

Don't forget to bring him a rose. :flower3:

:rolleyes1

Making a note of this, it could be a real picker upper on a bad day:goodvibes

It is pretty fun. I've been on both ends of that phone line before... calling and answering. It can be such a hoot, and yes, a great way to turn around a not so fun day. I have the numbers in my cell phone.

Any other Dads going to be at WDW Aug 21-27:confused3 I know Colin will be there at least 1 of the days:cool1:

So, what's this I see about purchasing DisDads t-shirts? Are they still avail? Any info will be greats. Couldn't find anything on disdads.com

So, what's this I see about purchasing DisDads t-shirts? Are they still avail? Any info will be greats. Couldn't find anything on disdads.com

There's not really an "official" one. Several Dads have created their own using the DisDads logos and various printing websites.

Thinking about recording Episode 3 on Thursday, March 31st at about 9 p.m. CDT. Who's interested/available? I think we've determined that the ideal number of participants is 4 (five counting me). We'll need one person with an upcoming trip and one person willing to be my next 10 Questions interview victim. I think our lead topic will have to do with Magic Kingdom touring strategies (Disney Commando, I'm looking at you).

If you are interested/available, please shoot an Email to my screen name @disdads.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter