• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club VI - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clocks go back a hour tonite, Yeah extra sleep:goodvibes

My favorite night of the year!!:cool1:

Back when it was in October that we changed back the clocks our wedding night was the night you had an extra hour of sleep....umm yeah LOL:laughing:

Fulfilling my DISDad duties tonight. DD has two friends over for a sleepover. They're watching Hercules right now, then I'm going to attempt to get them to go to sleep (I'm bringing them all to Sunday School tomorrow morning - glad I've got that extra hour to work with).

Hey all. Well I have finally, after 3 different weekends of working on it - finally gotten my garage, backyard and patio ready for winter. All of the spring/summer/fall gear is put away, covered up, etc. Finally I can say - bring on winter. We can park inside the garage again, and everything is ready to go. We had flurries yesterday, so it is lurking around out there .... somewhere. AND... I'm just 4 weeks out from my flight to MCO and the December visit to the World. :santa: Definitely looking forward to that, and seeing/meeting several of you all in person while there.

I've been around since version 2, and yes, witnessed the 20 page chat-a-thons. I just really wanted to get on before page 5.
The 20 pages a day posts are fun! Plus they are usually about nothing!

The 21st it is! Actually, I'm happy even if the Giants just win two games per year........against Dallas!
I agree! ::yes::

ANOTHER PEANUT BUTTERING GREAT DAY!!! Just paid off trip in full!!! WOOHHOOOOO!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
NICE!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Afternoon gentleman. Was told to stop by and visit by a DIS Dad new friend. Just joined DIS boards a few months ago to do research for our DCL trip. needless to say I am hooked on DCL and plan on sticking around for a long time...I have nothing better to do than plan our next DCL trip.
:welcome:

Thanks for joining this great group! :goodvibes

same here but dallas does not look like a challenge now :lmao: who am i kidding eagles like losing to the losing team ever year
You guys need to get Vick back starting. Wow, it felt weird typing that. :lmao::lmao:

Clocks go back a hour tonite, Yeah extra sleep:goodvibes
Says who? DD was up at 6am. :faint::faint:

Hey all. Well I have finally, after 3 different weekends of working on it - finally gotten my garage, backyard and patio ready for winter. All of the spring/summer/fall gear is put away, covered up, etc. Finally I can say - bring on winter. We can park inside the garage again, and everything is ready to go. We had flurries yesterday, so it is lurking around out there .... somewhere. AND... I'm just 4 weeks out from my flight to MCO and the December visit to the World. :santa: Definitely looking forward to that, and seeing/meeting several of you all in person while there.
Nicely done! I still have a few odds & ends to get in but we are mostly done. Getting rid of the tons of leaves in our yard was the BIG thing, which I finished last week.

T-minus 4 weeks!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo:
Look at my ticker... 3weeks & 3 days!!!!!!!!

Does anyone here own a second home?

DW & I are thinking of buying a home in the Orlando area. The housing market is so bad down there it is like people are giving houses away. We have found a few 4-5 bedroom 2500sqft+ houses around $150K just minutes from WDW. We are trying to figure out goes into having a 2nd home as a rental. We figure if we can rent it 12 times a year the mortgage will be paid for. 15-16 times a year and all the bills (utility, phone, management co., cleaning service) would be paid for as well. I'm sure it would take a while to get it booked that many times but even if we were able to get a few bookings a year, that would defray the overall cost.

DWs cousin lives in the area and I'm sure he would help me out with a house if there was a major problem with something. Another factor is that good friends of ours were thinking about buying a second home as well. When I say good friends I mean that I have known my friend Dave since grammar school and I would do anything for him. We are the legal guardians for their kids if -God forbid- anything ever happened to them. So if they did go in with us, all of our costs would be split in half. I don't know if anyone has experience with being co-owner of a property?

I know there are so many variables in owning and renting a property. I am trying to educate myself and seeing if it is worth my time, money, and sanity.:scared: It would be so nice having a property of our own in Orlando because DWs grandfather is 2 hours away and she has other family in the area as well.

OH HAPPY PEANUT BUTTERING DAY!!!!! New Dads Room....Check! Letters from Magical Express....CHECKEDEY CHECK CHECK!!!! Im going to go put my ears on and march around the house!!!!! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1::dance3::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:
Pics or it didn't happen. :thumbsup2
Anyway the last thing I asked on Dis Dads V that will most likely be interesting, was what TV Dad or TV Dad combo would best desrcibe yourself:confused3
Cliff Huxtable. But only because I look awesome in sweaters.

Afternoon gentleman. Was told to stop by and visit by a DIS Dad new friend. Just joined DIS boards a few months ago to do research for our DCL trip. needless to say I am hooked on DCL and plan on sticking around for a long time...I have nothing better to do than plan our next DCL trip.

One of these years we may actually make it down to Disneyworld for the family, but right now only 588 days until our next trip. :woohoo:
Welcome to the club!

Fulfilling my DISDad duties tonight. DD has two friends over for a sleepover. They're watching Hercules right now, then I'm going to attempt to get them to go to sleep (I'm bringing them all to Sunday School tomorrow morning - glad I've got that extra hour to work with).

You've got to let us know how it went.
And by the way - I think you can remove the Neophyte DisDad tag from your avatar. You've been to WDW and have survived several DDC threads. Go ahead and upgrade yourself!

Back when it was in October that we changed back the clocks our wedding night was the night you had an extra hour of sleep....umm yeah LOL:laughing:

:lmao: I bet that you really enjoyed that extra hour of sleep too :rolleyes1

Nate ~ I am very proud indeed! He did well during his interview so I don't think he will have any problems.

Mike, I love hearing these updates. Sounds like your son is doing great!

Heres a mancave-warming gift. Every room looks better with one of these on the wall!
ea1.jpg

:cool1::woohoo::banana:

Anyway the last thing I asked on Dis Dads V that will most likely be interesting, was what TV Dad or TV Dad combo would best desrcibe yourself:confused3

Right now, it's Mike Heck from The Middle. With a little Tim Taylor and possibly Homer Simpson thrown in.

Look guys, BirdsLightyear got us a dartboard!! :cool1:

:mad:

:lmao::rotfl::lmao: Go Giants!

smiley_puke.gif

One of these years we may actually make it down to Disneyworld for the family, but right now only 588 days until our next trip. :woohoo:

Welcome aboard Jason!

Flurries? Ay caramba. I'm still nervously watching the grass and hoping we get enough frost that I won't have to mow it again.

You guys need to get Vick back starting. Wow, it felt weird typing that. :lmao::lmao:

He's back today! Andy Reid has never lost after the bye week, and Peyton Manning has never lost to the Eagles. So something has to give.

:lmao: I bet that you really enjoyed that extra hour of sleep too :rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

DW & I are thinking of buying a home in the Orlando area. The housing market is so bad down there it is like people are giving houses away. We have found a few 4-5 bedroom 2500sqft+ houses around $150K just minutes from WDW. We are trying to figure out goes into having a 2nd home as a rental. We figure if we can rent it 12 times a year the mortgage will be paid for. 15-16 times a year and all the bills (utility, phone, management co., cleaning service) would be paid for as well. I'm sure it would take a while to get it booked that many times but even if we were able to get a few bookings a year, that would defray the overall cost.

DWs cousin lives in the area and I'm sure he would help me out with a house if there was a major problem with something. Another factor is that good friends of ours were thinking about buying a second home as well. When I say good friends I mean that I have known my friend Dave since grammar school and I would do anything for him. We are the legal guardians for their kids if -God forbid- anything ever happened to them. So if they did go in with us, all of our costs would be split in half. I don't know if anyone has experience with being co-owner of a property?

I know there are so many variables in owning and renting a property. I am trying to educate myself and seeing if it is worth my time, money, and sanity.:scared: It would be so nice having a property of our own in Orlando because DWs grandfather is 2 hours away and she has other family in the area as well.

As a state employee, I can't even begin to think about a 2nd home. Heck, I have a hard time even thinking about my first home :rotfl2:

Back in in college and the few years following, we used to have a party that started at 1AM and ended at 2AM on the day the clocks turned back. We called "Getting Drunk in No Time" Always a great time http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drink.gif

Flurries? Ay caramba. I'm still nervously watching the grass and hoping we get enough frost that I won't have to mow it again.

Yep, sad but true. We've had morning temps in the high 20's and low 30's all week, with frost on the grass/plants / vehicles left out each day. Of course tomorrow through Wednesday is supposed to be daytime temps in the '60's, but that second plunge is coming.... soon I'm sure. I leave the cars out on the driveway all through Spring, Summer and Fall so the kids can have their bikes down, assorted things strewn around, and we can easily maneuever through the garage... but come winter - everything MUST be put away so we can park inside again. I insulated our garage several years back, so the cars during the winter parked INSIDE stay at about 40-50 degrees, which is a whale of a lot better than the outside temps - especially when it gets down to single or negative digits!

the in-laws have a house down in cape may. they had a realitor that handled the rentals. my in laws would block out there dates and the realitor would rent out the rest. the realitor would inspect the property before and after for damage. over the years, after the renters paid the place off, my inlaws rented it them selfs only to people that rented for years and could be trusted. now, they only rent it a few weeks a year. there both retired and spend alot of time down there.:woohoo: even today, if they would sell it, they would make one peanut butter of a profit. :thumbsup2

Well, flurries or not, I've only mowed twice since July 4. We've had almost no rain the second half of the summer, I mowed once in late July and mowed again probably mid September. I'm a little farther south than Stopher and we saw flurries here too, but it has been nice the past 2 afternoons and should be nice this week. I've been getting some other yardwork done and getting things ready for winter too.

Careful... Real estate in Florida can be tricky and you never know if you'll be able to rent. Research this well before you jump in!

Besides, there's always DVC :banana::banana::banana:

This getting dark at 5 is garbage, can't get anything done outside after work. It does have 1 plus side, IMO night time at WDW is much more Magicial then the day, with all the lights, especially when we all will be there with all the Christmas lights and Decorations:goodvibes

Leaving for WDW in 6 days, cleaned the gutters and started putting the Christmas lights on the house. I loose the next 2 weekends at WDW, then Thanksgiving weekend I'm selling Goodfellow Newspapers for my Lions Club, followed with lots of busy weekends so I had to take advantage of the nice weather today here in S.E. MI plus it gets me in the Holiday Spirit since we're going to MVMCP twice while we're there, Osborne Lights, etc. Gotta go finish packing.....

This getting dark at 5 is garbage, can't get anything done outside after work. It does have 1 plus side, IMO night time at WDW is much more Magicial then the day, with all the lights, especially when we all will be there with all the Christmas lights and Decorations:goodvibes

Atta Boy Ron! You found the silver lining to the dark cloud!!:cool1: Looking forward to seeing the lights at night in a few weeks. The bad part for me now is that I go to work and it is dark..and I come home and it is dark. I don't even see sunhine for days at a time. uuuuugh!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter