The DIS Dad's Club IX - The Fastest Moving Thread Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten years ago, I was without a job for about a year. It sucks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, including my nemisis.

Wait, I don't have a nemisis, so I do wish that on him!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao:

I don't really know you, but I am sure I can find it in my heart to not like you... just sayin' as I too am nemisisless....

and owned!

Dads.....drum roll please.....I got the job....

Ok, let me elaborate, I got a verbal offer and was told that a proposal, including start date (either Mid-May or Early June) in the next week or so.

Salary is exactly where I was before losing my old job back in June.

We are extremely excited, but are holding back on full on celebrations until I have the written offer in hand, that and DW's boss approves her transfer to Orlando.

DW decided to scrap the Fed job in Indy due to concerns over future budgets. It just doesn't seem as secure as it once was.

So, I guess I may actually be taking on the role of DisDad Welcome Mat.

Mind you, while I should be looking into homes, I think I'll start by researching annual passes as well as planning our visits in a way as to not kill the magic by giving into temptation and going over board......

Congrats Oscar!

Stopher Thanks for the pics you posted today of OKW. They came in handy at dinner. We were talking about DVC resorts and thanks to you I had an intimate knowledge of the bathrooms at OKW.

hmmm there's not a good way to post that without it sounding weird.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Fantastic News! Congrats!
A word of advice....I would look at homes with at least four bedrooms, their are alot of us. And I am not sure if anyone wants to bunk with Barry and his supersonic cheese and bacon induced booms :lmao::lmao:
You think a measly bedroom wall will save you? You'd better hope Oscar gets a guest house about 3 blocks away. :thumbsup2

Since Barry is my nemesis, it would be my honor to padlock the door and stand guard while Barry stinks up the bedroom. (as long as I have frosty cold beverages)
If you think that's punishment, you're sadly mistaken. Let me give you a sample of what you'd hear through the door:
Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"
Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"

(repeat)

I don't really know you, but I am sure I can find it in my heart to not like you... just sayin' as I too am nemisisless....

and owned!

Dang busted on post #2 on my run for the page sweep, and from my nemisis... It has quite a ring to it. ;)

Like a true Torontonian....only when they're winning... :rotfl2: :lmao:

Typical Leaf fan !!!!!! :lmao::lmao:

Since your in the presence of a life long Wings fan...........bow down NEMISIS!!:worship:

Original Six Matchup :thumbsup2

What a fun day. Still not 24 hours and we're at page 35. :cool2:

I certainly had one fine day (not doin’ much of ‘nutten). Took DW out to dinner (for our 20th), brought home lots of good leftovers and desert to have with coffee later on, AND… I’ve got her thinking about adding on a couple of no-park days at the Wilderness Lodge after we get off the Dream. Dang fine day.:goodvibes

Not to be overly competitive here...but of course, we are guys... but I just had to go searching for a moment. I remembered that there is a Dis Mom's Club thread, started in earlyish 2010 that I do believe several of our illustrious member's wives post in from time to time... well I just went over to see where they are and which version they were up to. Let me just say WOW. They've been posting for over a year now. And are up to page 50. :surfweb: A bit slower than us I'd say. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: We definitely are a chatty bunch - and witnessing today - I sure am a leader of the pack. :guilty: :cool2: :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2 pirate:

Are we really all that chatty, or is it just that the ladies are so busy talking on every other thread on every other board that they don’t need a clubhouse to get together in. If there was a Dad’s board on The Dis, I suspect that the DDC would slow down considerably as well (probably not to the rate of only 50 pages per year, but slower none the less:rolleyes:).

Ok, let me elaborate, I got a verbal offer and was told that a proposal, including start date (either Mid-May or Early June) in the next week or so.

Salary is exactly where I was before losing my old job back in June.

We are extremely excited, but are holding back on full on celebrations until I have the written offer in hand, that and DW's boss approves her transfer to Orlando.

DW decided to scrap the Fed job in Indy due to concerns over future budgets. It just doesn't seem as secure as it once was.

So, I guess I may actually be taking on the role of DisDad Welcome Mat.

Mind you, while I should be looking into homes, I think I'll start by researching annual passes as well as planning our visits in a way as to not kill the magic by giving into temptation and going over board......

That is absolutely fabulous. :cool1: Being out of work is just one great big rancid can of hot Beverly. I’m really happy for y’all. Holler out when you get the official paper work and congratulations!:thumbsup2

If you think that's punishment, you're sadly mistaken. Let me give you a sample of what you'd hear through the door:
Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"
Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"

(repeat)
I present to you "Tuesday night at the Rafiki household."

Fantastic News! Congrats!

You think a measly bedroom wall will save you? You'd better hope Oscar gets a guest house about 3 blocks away. :thumbsup2

Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"
Boom
{Giggling}
Sniff, Sniff
"Ewwwww"

(repeat)

Barry, do you get the pirate room at CBR just so you can justify the boom sounds :rotfl2:

So any else find that while technological advances in most places, basic things around the home seem to be going backwords? We've taken to baking our own bread, (take that evil Wonder Bread consortium) and now Mrs. Trike is thinking about milling our own grain too. At this rate in a couple months I'm going to be looking enviously at the cool things those high faluten amish people have.

So any else find that while technological advances in most places, basic things around the home seem to be going backwords? We've taken to baking our own bread, (take that evil Wonder Bread consortium) and now Mrs. Trike is thinking about milling our own grain too. At this rate in a couple months I'm going to be looking enviously at the cool things those high faluten amish people have.

Are you churning your own butter yet???????????? :confused3:confused3

Are you churning your own butter yet???????????? :confused3:confused3

Not all the time. But yeah we do sometimes. Its easy. All it takes is a jar and some heavy cream.*

Yes I realize Mipatn was joking, but my answer is serious.

Time to start churning the butter. As someone who grew up a few miles from an Amish settlement, don't let them fool you on their lifestyle. They do not have electricity, but will take a car battery and run a radio or tv off of it. They also equip their buggies with cd players and speakers. I drove past one last summer and the driver was jamming to AC/DC no lie :confused3

Not all the time. But yeah we do sometimes. Its easy. All it takes is a jar and some heavy cream.*

Yes I realize Mipatn was joking, but my answer is serious.

Might as well put a small barn in the backyard and get a cow. The kids can milk it every morning cause it builds character :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter