The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 degrees and sunshine...aahhhhhh Now that is what I'm talkin about!!

Last night Shari was talking and said that she was wondering if eventhough we are going on the Disney Cruise in a few weeks if we might need to still go to Disney World in maybe August or December...hmmmm Keep your fingers crossed...From Her mouth to God's ear I hope LOL:cool1:

Too late. She said it. No take backs!

Sitting here watching the game...... What a great game!!! They are really going at it. Seems like the US is always on the defensive but they are ahead. I wish we still had NHL hockey here in CT.
Absolutely a great game. I just wish that Brodeur would remember that he's the goalie and not the 3rd defenceman.

We took the kids to the Disney Store today to convert their "allowance" into Disney Gift cards.
And then, I almost cried. As we left, a couple with a young child were walking by the store. They guy said to his wife/girlfriend/baby mama "We ain't going in there. That's all Princess Floofy stuff. When you have a girl, you can go in there!"

I hereby move to permanently ban that guy from ever joining the DIS Dad's Club.

Sitting here watching the game...... What a great game!!! They are really going at it. Seems like the US is always on the defensive but they are ahead. I wish we still had NHL hockey here in CT.

I know - when was the last time you saw 3 fast breaks in a row? Holy Cow!

USA! USA!

We took the kids to the Disney Store today to convert their "allowance" into Disney Gift cards.
And then, I almost cried. As we left, a couple with a young child were walking by the store. They guy said to his wife/girlfriend/baby mama "We ain't going in there. That's all Princess Floofy stuff. When you have a girl, you can go in there!"

I second that motion!

Lets not rush to judge...never give up on Disney to work a little Magic...or a Princess...maybe the Disney Store abandoned him?

I know I sure wish we had the stores of say 10-15 years ago...they were an adventure all on their own...kinda like a mini "World of Disney" Store.

When Disney sold off the stores to the Children's Place...it really lost it's Disney Magic...now I think Disney has reclaimed ownership of most of the stores...but the merchandise is still not up to par to where it once was...almost all "Girl/Princess" stuff way overtakes the store...very little for Boys...near-zero for Adults...even less for the Dads / Guys...

I was in one in Pegion Forge, TN saturday...only thing of interest I saw was a plush of Ludwig Von Drake...that and those Season Pass Vouchers...I found a Receipt on the Floor and grabbed a handful of Annual Pass cards...went over to SIL and said "look what I just got." She was like...:eek: Then I was like...:rotfl2:

Lets not rush to judge...never give up on Disney to work a little Magic...or a Princess...maybe the Disney Store abandoned him?

I know I sure wish we had the stores of say 10-15 years ago...they were an adventure all on their own...kinda like a mini "World of Disney" Store.

When Disney sold off the stores to the Children's Place...it really lost it's Disney Magic...now I think Disney has reclaimed ownership of most of the stores...but the merchandise is still not up to par to where it once was...almost all "Girl/Princess" stuff way overtakes the store...very little for Boys...near-zero for Adults...even less for the Dads / Guys...

I was in one in Pegion Forge, TN saturday...only thing of interest I saw was a plush of Ludwig Von Drake...that and those Season Pass Vouchers...I found a Receipt on the Floor and grabbed a handful of Annual Pass cards...went over to SIL and said "look what I just got." She was like...:eek: Then I was like...:rotfl2:

I agree that there is a major inbalance between the gender-specific merchandise. Ours does have a lot of Nemo & Toy Story stuff for the boys, plus some Handy Manny stuff. And the last time I saw any adult merchandise was a clearance rack around Christmas.

But more importantly - what do you have planned out 1935 days from now???:confused3

I felt bad not having a Ticker... :lmao:
I think the Date is something like June 10 of 2015. :confused3

Well I certainly hope it's not because of me... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I was actually looking at our plans for 2011 and really WANT to add another ticker, but then at the same time, I read stuff like that, so I don't!

Wow what a great thread. Would love to join the DIS DAD's Club. Here's a list of my qualifications: I have a dog named Disney , my office is pimped is disney stuff including a Mickey mosaic on the floor which took me 2 weeks to lay the tile, I've found out the hard way that beer and ebay don't go well together bu I cherish my Hand painted and signed Mickey and Donald cels. Always plan next trip on the way from last. Have theme park music in cd player as we speak for taking girls to school, I read the unofficial guide from cover to cover every year even hough the book doesn't change much and yes always a great read. But most important I'm a Dad with two beauiful girls DD6 and DD10 and yes both are brainwashed , Wife not so much work in progress. Anyway can't wait to read all the post starting at number one. It would be a honor to join your ranks. Thank you, Themouse1928

Wow what a great thread. Would love to join the DIS DAD's Club. Here's a list of my qualifications: I have a dog named Disney , my office is pimped is disney stuff including a Mickey mosaic on the floor which took me 2 weeks to lay the tile, I've found out the hard way that beer and ebay don't go well together bu I cherish my Hand painted and signed Mickey and Donald cels. Always plan next trip on the way from last. Have theme park music in cd player as we speak for taking girls to school, I read the unofficial guide from cover to cover every year even hough the book doesn't change much and yes always a great read. But most important I'm a Dad with two beauiful girls DD6 and DD10 and yes both are brainwashed , Wife not so much work in progress. Anyway can't wait to read all the post starting at number one. It would be a honor to join your ranks. Thank you, Themouse1928

Welcome! We will require a pic of that mosaic, though. That sounds awesome!

Welcome!! Emma's Dad will be along soon to give you your number :)

I saw a sad thread on the rumor page that 80-120 Disney stores will be closeing between now and June. It had the list of stores, 2 of them I go to often, it also had people who work at some of the stores giving dates that their store is closeing. :confused3 How did Disney let The Children's Place take control of the stores, They are in trouble and claiming bankruptcy, and dumping Disney stores, go figure! Hopefully Disney will pick them up and make them into the Disney stores we knew and loved.

As far as the guy who would not let his kid go into the store, not only should he be ban from the Dis Dads club, but if they ever go to WDW he should be forced for his entire visit to ride The Primevil Spin over and over, only allowed to get off to clean up protein spills, while the rest of his family enjoys there visit:lmao::scared1:. That should teach him :teacher: not to mess with child who loves Disney.

:dancer::welcome::dancer:

Thanks for the welcome. It feels good to be in the company of my fellow Dis Dads. I'll get a picture of office uploaded soon. Thanks again, but I'm only on page 8 reading all the posts, got my work cut out for me . Themouse1928

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter