• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a chance to tour the AKV rooms in September, we are so excited to stay there in the spring. Do you know if you are doing an actual 2 bedroom or the one bedroom with the adjoining studio in the fall?

Not sure yet. We can't make the reservations until May 5th (7 months out as it is not our home resort) Is there a way to make sure we actually get the 2 bedroom? I would assume we can put in a request when we make the reservation.

Actually, I hear they are making a Cars land at the California Adventure Park next to Disneyland. Not sure when it is suppose to open, but it's a least a few years. We'll be planning our west coast trip as soon as it does!

If they are making that I hope they also do it in one of the parks in FL my DS would go crazy. Going nuts with the cars as soon as you think you have them all, they release another 15 cars. I guess when Cars 2 comes out there will be another 500 cars or so it buy over the next few years.:confused3

This is interesting so far no one has picked the same job, If you haven't answered keep them coming. The Dis Dad's might be the future CM's.:grouphug:

Actually, I hear they are making a Cars land at the California Adventure Park next to Disneyland. Not sure when it is suppose to open, but it's a least a few years. We'll be planning our west coast trip as soon as it does!

I would make a ride based on the Incrdibles. It would be four rides in one where you got to use each charavters super power. I have figured out three of the characters but I have not figured out what to do for Mr. Incredible.

The ride would start you off as Elastigirl and you would have 2 Wii type controlers and you would go by Toy story like screens and you would have to move your arms and reach out and stop evil doers. Then you would become Violet and again you would be going by Toy story like screens wearing 3d glasses and things would come toward you and you would have to block them with force fields. The third part you become Dash and you get into one of those centrifuges like they have at Virtual Space Mountain in Disney Quest and you would would run so fast that you would run up buildings and over trees like a roller coaster.

Any Ideas for Mr. Incredible?

Besides a character - would job would you most like to do at WDW and why?

I would want to work on the parking lot tram. Why - I think it cool, since you would be the 1st in the a.m. and the last at night that people come across. All those smiling faces:cloud9:, the plans for the day in the morning or what people did that day at night. The things they hear must be incredible:goodvibes

I would also like to be an imagineer. Since, that's already been claimed... I would say my second choice would be one of the behind the scenes people, like someone who operates/maintains the computers that operate the music/effects/etc for the attractions. Yeah, I'm a nerd. :surfweb::cool:

Well fellas, the next two trips are planned. March 5-12 and December 3-10. Driving both times. We have some DVC points that we need to use up, so in March we are staying one night in an Animal Kingdom's Kidani Village Studio. The rest of the time we'll be at Grandma & Grandpa's. Probably only do the parks on 2 or 3 days though.
In December we are going with an old high school friend and her son. He's the same age as DD and they get along quite well. Plans haven't been fully set yet for this, but we're thinking it will be in a 2 bedroom Savannah View at Animal Kingdom.
Trip counters will be coming soon. And I'd better finish up my current trip report or Don will be all over me for breaking the rule I enforced on him! :thumbsup2

barry, we will be there nov30th thru dec 12th next year.if you ever have any points left over and dont want to lose them,just give me a call.:rolleyes1

I would like to be a cast member working at the Tower of Terror welcoming victims into the elevator :thumbsup2 ( my fav. Disney ride), or a street performer doing magic for random guests.
With both jobs, it's the interaction with and reactions of the guests that would make my day.

For any of you that aren't following my Trip Report (and really, why wouldn't you?), I posted this picture there. Seems even custodial services is a pretty cool job. These guys are trained by the art team on how to use a mop and bucket to draw characters.

IMG_7257.JPG

This is interesting so far no one has picked the same job, If you haven't answered keep them coming. The Dis Dad's might be the future CM's.:grouphug:

Wow...great topic. I like the idea of being an Imagineer (since I'm an engineer by trade). It would be awesome to be "behind the curtain" on the latest and greatest stuff.

If not that, I'd go for working a ride or driving one of the transportation vehicles--anything where I could interact with guests. I love the guys and gals who don't just do their job, but try to make it fun for the guests.

I would want to work on the parking lot tram. Why - I think it cool, since you would be the 1st in the a.m. and the last at night that people come across. All those smiling faces:cloud9:, the plans for the day in the morning or what people did that day at night. The things they hear must be incredible:goodvibes

Since I've already done what I thought was the coolest thing for a theme park (construction drawings for Dueling Dragon's @ IOA), the only other thing I could think of either than building/attraction design would be production of some sort. Either for in-park films or straight up movies. No dancing, no singing and no hanging out in the heat during the summer months. Alone, quietly creating something, anything in an air conditioned room.

Hey there guys.

Sorry I've been absent for a while, re-entry back to work/home life after Disney can be tough. Also DW has been down with something for the past week.

We're still planning on doing the TR, but its taking a bit of readjustment to real life again.

Hope everyone is doing well and FedFuzz gets home safe,sound and soon!

Quick question: Has anyone been able to get access to their photopass pics from the web site? We have an ID and I can "see" the pics, but I wanted to use some of them in the TR. It looks like I'll have to wait to order the CD before I get access to the graphic files. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, you can't do anything but look at those pics until you buy them. Disney is funny that way.;) At least I haven't figured out a way, but when you get your CD, they are all yours and you can do whatever you want. When we bought the CD we added borders and cropped picutres and ended up with 3 times the original pictures. You do that on the site. Have fun.

For all the new Dad's :welcome::welcome::welcome:

For all of you going on a trip in the next few days, have a great trip, we all expect amazing TR's when you get back.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter