The decision is made

raykay23

Mouseketeer
Okay I am not from the UK but live in your neighbour to the west. ;) After much humming and hawing (and an unexpected tax return) I have decided to take my son to the House of Mouse sometime in Winter next year. :cool1:
I have lots of questions. When would you recommend going with a 5 yr old? Halloween? Thanksgiving?? Nearer Christmas??? Will prices increase or decrease as the time gets closer (using your crystal balls)? Is it worth getting the dining plan and if you get the regular dining plan you are allocated a one course meal for dinner- is that right?? Can you get by happily without the waterparks and park hopper options? Unfortunately I will be heading for a value resort- would love one of the deluxe hotels but which value would you recommend??
If you get through all that and even answer one of my questions thank you!!

Just type all this again, got near the end and wiped it all:rotfl:

I would do Halloween but possibly try do it when they change from halooween to Xmas so you get best of both. Nearer you get to Xmas cooler it can be, some days cold, one Xmas we had to de-ice car most mornings.

Just priced 2 weeks in Oct 2010 with Disney.co.uk hotel only (no flights)

Values from £868 No free dining
Moderates from £1,302 free Quick service Dining
Deluxe DVC OKW or SSR £1,554 free regular Dining

Value would probably be choice of a 5 year old.
My choice would be Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, extra £49/night over value but room twice the size and includes regular DDP.

Regular DDP includes 1 counter service (Entree, Dessert & drink) 1 Table service (Entree, Dessert & drink) and 1 snack per day

Quick service include 2 counters service (Entree, Dessert & drink) 2 snacks and a refillable resort mug
We wouldn't enjoy QSDDP, we like a table service meal every day. but some use it no problem.

These prices shouldn't change but availabilty could go. £50pp deposit which you loose if you cancel.

Check flight prices when your dates become available , add to the prices above. Then get prices for packages and compare, see if its cheaper DIY or a package.

Another option is wait until next year when Disney.com announce their free Dining offers, usually they include value resorts and only need to buy minimum of a 1 day ticket, Disney.co.uk has to be minimum of 5 days.

We had Annual passes for 2 years upto this August without water parks, I think we went in a water park 1 day(paid gate price, less AP discount) out of the 7 trips over the 2 years, yes you can live without them but many tickets include them, the ones with free DDP you have to buy include them.

Just to say re. waterparks, on our first trip in Feb 07 my boys were 5 and 7 and they LOVED Blizzard Beach, we spent 2 days there! One of the waterparks usually closes November to March. I definitely think it's worth having the waterpark inclusive tickets, a day there is more relaxing than a park day and yet you still get some Disney magic!!

Okay thanks for the info.
When do Disney announce the free dining offers and would that include the regular dining plan for value resorts? The counter service menu is all fast food, isnt it?

Just to say re. waterparks, on our first trip in Feb 07 my boys were 5 and 7 and they LOVED Blizzard Beach, we spent 2 days there! One of the waterparks usually closes November to March. I definitely think it's worth having the waterpark inclusive tickets, a day there is more relaxing than a park day and yet you still get some Disney magic!!

Our kids also love the water parks too! I think we spent 4 days in BB on our last trip!

My fave time of year to go is November, from around the 4th onwards, we love that the Christmas decs are starting to spring up and the weather is good and crowds are usually pretty low too.

Okay thanks for the info.
When do Disney announce the free dining offers and would that include the regular dining plan for value resorts? The counter service menu is all fast food, isnt it?

Disney.com don't usually release their free DDP offers until spring, around march-april. Included value in past but no idea if they will in future.
Its more than just standard fast food like burgers and fries, there are food courts with things like make your own pasta, salads, pizza etc. at Downtown Disney there is Woolfgang Pucks express which is nearer table service than counter service. Lots of choice but for us one CS/day is enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter