• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent most of the morning and early afternoon cleaning & straightening up. My bathroom is really, truly clean for the first time in months. I've already done about 6 loads of laundry and have about that many left.

I'm fighting the flu. I went to bed early last night after taking some benedryl.

Chuck made pea soup with our ham bone left over from Christmas. Yummy! He is a great cook. I've already had several bowls.

Feel better, Vicki! :hug: And keep eating Chuck's soup!

I'm a little worried about Chuck. He turned on the Lawrence Welk show and left it on when he heard they were going to be playing It's a Small World. :laughing:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deb - you did very well on your shopping trip today! :thumbsup2

Chanon - let us know if that book works! :rotfl:

Elizabeth - I looked at Christmas trees yesterday at Target, but they were only 50% off. I am hoping that they will still have their tall thin prelit trees when they drop in price some more... if they do drop in price. Does anyone know??

Stephanie - I always roast my pork roast in the pan with the sauerkraut, so I can't give you any tips, worry. :sad2:

So we've been shopping this weekend...gotta love the gift cards:goodvibes

Abi got enough Target gift cards that she wants to buy a Disney TV...guess what....:confused3 no TV's to be found at either of our Targets. :rolleyes:

Jim and I used a Best Buy gift card to buy the Enchanted soundtrack and the new Harry Potter. At Target we got A Bug's Life....tired of coveting that one every time we go by it.

Abi used a mastercard gift card to get a Polar Bear from BABW....she loves it so much:lovestruc

Cassidy spent a bit of her gift card at JcPenney's and got this jacket in black for $4:

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50455&CatID=50458&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=12b173b&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50455|50458

and a sparkle red tank for underneath.

She's on the lookout for a winter formal dress.....High School is expensive!!:scared1:

We spent part of the day returning/trying to return a couple of items. Poor Abi's "Arctic Tale" DVD stopped playing in the middle of the movie and our Best Buy had 8 in the system but none on the floor so Jim is on the phone now trying to see if they've made it to the floor...arrrrrrrgh:headache: they say they are sold out!!:headache:

Deb - you did very well on your shopping trip today! :thumbsup2

Chanon - let us know if that book works! :rotfl:

Elizabeth - I looked at Christmas trees yesterday at Target, but they were only 50% off. I am hoping that they will still have their tall thin prelit trees when they drop in price some more... if they do drop in price. Does anyone know??

Stephanie - I always roast my pork roast in the pan with the sauerkraut, so I can't give you any tips, worry. :sad2:

Our Target was at 75% today

More Cruise Report

After Dinner we headed to the Rockin' D Bar and watched John Charles perform his family show it was very good.

DSC01182.jpg

After the show I walked around a bit and eventually ended up in the Walt Disney Theater for Twice Charmed.

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

I really enjoy this show.

Afterwards I headed back to the room and we had a towel critter. I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe a fish, I'm not sure
DSC01349.jpg

Then it was back to Rockin' D Bar for High Frequency and more John Charles and then Spring Break Bash.
DSC01350.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

Spring break bash was fun, they had JELLO shots and some good music.

Balloons at Party
DSC01354.jpg

Then I walked around outside and maybe watched whatever was on the Ariel Vision screen.
DSC01355.jpg

Eventually I headed to the room and to bed.

Vicki-I am sorry you are sick. Get to feeling better fast!!

Elin - I don't know if there are exclusions (like trees) when they do markdowns. I know Kohl's was 70% off EXCEPT Hallmark, which was still 50%. The Target I went to today had all of the food/candy in a different area than the decorations, ornaments, wrap, etc. I didn't even attempt the "decor" area because I wasn't looking for any of that.

Theresa - Sounds like a fun day! I like to shop!;)

Bernadette - I have penciled in breakfast buffets for both 8/15 and 8/16 so we are flexible. I need to see when I can call for those because my first call on 2/3 won't cover ADRs that far out. Hopefully park hours in some form will be out by then.

Robyn - Yay for some quiet time!:cheer2:

Deb - I hope your headache goes away soon! We are definitely NOT going to be traveling with anyone again. We'll meet up with folks once we get there and hang out for awhile, but trying to coordinate for a group isn't fun.

I entered DH's pins on PinPics today, and I got some of DS's entered. DS's collection is kind of a mess. He takes pins out and puts them in and he and DH trade back and forth.:headache: I counted 260 pins in his book but he only has about 220 listed. I am too lazy to work out which 40 are missing from his list.

Elizabeth-there wasn't any tree exclusions today at Target....and that's a shocker that you like to shop:lmao:

I think Cassidy could give you a run for your money in that arena.

I am doing some laundry right now...another shocker that my family in doing laundry last week didn't do any of mine. :scared1:

Elizabeth, what are your pinpics id's again. I remember your DH's - TheChipMan but don't remember yours or DS's. I am UPDisney (but only have a couple of pins in there so far).

So help me plan...

There are no special parties during July (P&PP?) so I don't have to plan around that.

When I call to make my first ADR I can book for 10 days? I think I remember that :confused3 Does that included BBB or do I need to wait until the actual 180 day mark for that?

Since our plans are so up in the air I'm actually considering making an ADR for each day knowing that I will end up cancelling most, but having something to fall back on once our plans solidify :confused3

So WWYD?

So today I woke up and we were already docked in St. Maarten or St. Martin, depending if you are on the French or Dutch side of the island.

I got up grabbed some breakfast and then headed to meet our group for our excursion. We were doing the America's Cup 12 metre regatta.

I found St. Martin/Maarten to be gorgeous. The water is very blue and the mountains very green. Although I did not get to explore nearly enough of it.
DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

We had a short walk and then we loaded into a "tender boat" which took us out to either of the yachts we would be sailing. Before we loaded, we were divided into two teams, which would go on two different yachts. They told us some history about America's Cup.
DSC01360.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

There were several DISer's on this excursion Ann, Howard, Lisa, Chris, and 2 people who sat at the table next to us. I know I am missing one or two groups from the DIS, I am sorry for not recalling.

While on the tender they assigned positions on the yacht

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

We dropped off the other team and they loaded into Stars and Stripes
DSC01381.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

Loaded up on the True North IV
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

Our Yacht had a Coors lite sail, but was originally from Canada:confused3
DSC00089.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Once loaded up, we were trained on what each of us were going to do. If you didn't want an active position you could just be a bartender or timer. They also offered all of us life preservers, they were not required.

DSC00098.jpg

So when we got on the yacht, there was no wind at all. These ships, are only powered by wind, so we were towed by Boomer, to get us further out.
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Eventually the wind picked up some and we started the race
DSC00122.jpg

Well in addition to the wind, we had lots of clouds, and pouring rain
DSC00096.jpg

We finally got moving but it was pouring cats and dogs. The rain was very cold and since we were moving, it was chilly.

True North IV ended up winning. We were behind until the end when we caught up and came next to Stars and Stripes and we took their wind and won.

Me after getting soaked
DSC01391.jpg

At the end of the excursion, after being soaking wet
DSC01384.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Our yacht, reconnected with the tender boat, we had to move to the front of the boat as another group was getting on. After they were on then we could get off.
DSC01393.jpg

I felt so bad for the crew, as they had to stay out for another excursion and I was cold. They dropped us off at their store location, they had photos and some merchandise.
DSC01394.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

Then we loaded up the the tender again and they took us back to the dock.

DSC01405.jpg

Some lingering storm clouds. This was not the end of the day's storms
DSC01408.jpg

We got off and headed back to the Magic, we were cold and wet
DSC01414.jpg

See how tiny the Magic looks
DSC01416.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

So help me plan...

There are no special parties during July (P&PP?) so I don't have to plan around that.

When I call to make my first ADR I can book for 10 days? I think I remember that :confused3 Does that included BBB or do I need to wait until the actual 180 day mark for that?

Since our plans are so up in the air I'm actually considering making an ADR for each day knowing that I will end up cancelling most, but having something to fall back on once our plans solidify :confused3

So WWYD?

I think your plan is a sound one. Make ADR's for each day and you can always cancel. I don't know about the booking windows because I've never had to use them. I'm a little worried about our June trip but we have only booked the CRT breakfast so far.

I have all my pins that I can find in PinPics. I have more of them but can't find them right now. The other ones that I have are all traders. I'm going to enter them all in the hopes that someone that has the Donald Epcot Annual Passholder pin up for trade wants one of mine. Darn Elizabeth got me hooked and now I need the first one in the series. Of course, I bought this one for her when I was there in March - if only I'd known I could have saved myself some pain and just bought two at the time.

Becky is home now so I guess I should go to bed. Chuck went to bed over an hour ago. He was quite chatty and I wasn't. He got frustrated because I was being a little snarky and all he wanted to do was talk and spend time with me. He didn't care about what. I just wanted to be left alone.

So today I woke up and we were already docked in St. Maarten or St. Martin, depending if you are on the French or Dutch side of the island.

I got up grabbed some breakfast and then headed to meet our group for our excursion. We were doing the America's Cup 12 metre regatta.

I found St. Martin/Maarten to be gorgeous. The water is very blue and the mountains very green. Although I did not get to explore nearly enough of it.
DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

We had a short walk and then we loaded into a "tender boat" which took us out to either of the yachts we would be sailing. Before we loaded, we were divided into two teams, which would go on two different yachts. They told us some history about America's Cup.
DSC01360.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

There were several DISer's on this excursion Ann, Howard, Lisa, Chris, and 2 people who sat at the table next to us. I know I am missing one or two groups from the DIS, I am sorry for not recalling.

While on the tender they assigned positions on the yacht

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

We dropped off the other team and they loaded into Stars and Stripes
DSC01381.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

Loaded up on the True North IV
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

Our Yacht had a Coors lite sail, but was originally from Canada:confused3
DSC00089.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Once loaded up, we were trained on what each of us were going to do. If you didn't want an active position you could just be a bartender or timer. They also offered all of us life preservers, they were not required.

DSC00098.jpg

So when we got on the yacht, there was no wind at all. These ships, are only powered by wind, so we were towed by Boomer, to get us further out.
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Eventually the wind picked up some and we started the race
DSC00122.jpg

Well in addition to the wind, we had lots of clouds, and pouring rain
DSC00096.jpg

We finally got moving but it was pouring cats and dogs. The rain was very cold and since we were moving, it was chilly.

True North IV ended up winning. We were behind until the end when we caught up and came next to Stars and Stripes and we took their wind and won.

Me after getting soaked
DSC01391.jpg

At the end of the excursion, after being soaking wet
DSC01384.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WOW! You had beautiful weather in St. Martin! Sometimes they have some seriously nasty weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter