The DCL Website drives me crazy!

whamma

DIS Veteran
Is it just me or does the DCL website ALWAYS freeze-up, not finish what it's supposed to be doing or just give general error messages? So frustrating. Currently my "reservation is not available" and I'm supposed to "try back in 20 minutes"! Grrrr.:mad:

Is it just me or does the DCL website ALWAYS freeze-up, not finish what it's supposed to be doing or just give general error messages? So frustrating. Currently my "reservation is not available" and I'm supposed to "try back in 20 minutes"! Grrrr.:mad:
It's not just you. :confused3

Sayhello

It has been acting funny all week. I think, they are trying to load the Baltic tour information...

I have been looking for a different cabin on our 10/30 cruise and found it tonight! Problem is the same for me - after contacting my TA to have her change it we are getting the 20 minute issue. Fingers crossed it is still there. Glad to know I am not alone!

I was having that "try again in 20 minutes" issue yesterday when I was trying to book an excursion. I've since changed my mind about the excursion, so maybe that was a good thing. :cool1:

Having the same issue here. Very frustrating! I'm calling DCL but sometimes they can't open the reservation for a certain period of time after it was open online. GRRRR!

For all the things that Disney does so well, their web site is really bad.

I have problems all the time!

Yeah the DCL site is horrible!! I had the same 20min thing happen to me and 1 hour later it finally recognized that 20 minutes had passed.:mad: and this was after I had logged on at 11:30pm so I'd be ready for my 75day mark to book palo/excursions ....12:01am the site still said 76days till your cruise!!It was maddening to say the least. Nedless to say at 3am and 1/2 bottle of Merlot later I finally got everything booked. I was very tired the next day:(

Four hours later. The website can "find" my reservation but won't let me do anything with it! Error messages abound--and yet I keep trying. Which got me thinking about the old "definition of insanity" that I've heard--"doing the same thing over and over expecting different results". I'm actually sick of watching Mickey Mouse snorkle across my screen :surfweb: while I hope that the next screen that comes up doesn't have an error message!!

Maybe I'd better go to bed and try again in the morning...

AND now I'm nervous because I noticed that the Palo ressie I made on Monday isn't showing up in my activities!! It better still be there when I check tomorrow. Double GRRRR!

Ditto for me with a 4 hour try! I finally decided to take a break and come on
this board so I don't pull my hair out! Will try again in the morning.:surfweb:

Yeah the DCL site is horrible!! I had the same 20min thing happen to me and 1 hour later it finally recognized that 20 minutes had passed.:mad: and this was after I had logged on at 11:30pm so I'd be ready for my 75day mark to book palo/excursions ....12:01am the site still said 76days till your cruise!!It was maddening to say the least. Nedless to say at 3am and 1/2 bottle of Merlot later I finally got everything booked. I was very tired the next day:(

You can not be logged in to the website before midnight, you have to log on after midnight for the system to recognize you and be able to book at the correct day.

I soooo wish they would bring back the low bandwidth option! If it's gonna time out on me, at least I shouldn't have to watch Mickey swim endlessly before it does.

Right now its not even loading information correctly. The summary page on my reservation says I have 25 activities (which I scheduled months ago) and detail page has nothing. DW wants me to call Disney now and confirm we still have our nursery times and Palo reservations but of course they are closed. I'm sure it some glitch or at least I'll find out tomorrow.

Well, it's morning and there is good news and bad news. The good news is when I first logged on to the DCL website it said I had 4 activities reserved and it DID show my Palo ressie. The bad news is when I tried to change one of my shore excursions the error messages started up and now 3 of my activities don't show up again.

SO I guess I just need to leave it until later. Maybe once the DCL people get in to work they'll get the website back up and running. I hope!!

You can not be logged in to the website before midnight, you have to log on after midnight for the system to recognize you and be able to book at the correct day.

I know ...this is one instance when the early bird does NOT get the worm:) After 1 hour I came here for answers and someone told me about their VERY picky system. Who knew:confused3 I must have logged off and on I don't know how many times that night.:headache:

Wow, it looks like DCL is FINALLY starting to post the excursions on the web for the cruise! :banana: At least they started with Helsinki, so hopefully the rest will follow. Makes it tough to budget for all the "incidentials"......:confused3

Wow! The more I read about all these headaches with the DCL site, the gladder I am that I'm doing the ABD add-on for my Med cruise. All my excursions, my dinner at Palo, all taken care of by ABD. One less stress!

Mickey swimming was cute at first. Now it's a major annoyance!

Sayhello

Mickey swimming was cute at first. Now it's a major annoyance!

Sayhello

That was exactly what I thought when I took a whole day off work to book the Dream. My boss thought I was nuts to take a day to book a holiday! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter