The day before you go...

My sister's princess

<font color=green>These boards have grimmer police
Do you work the day before you go? I am working tomorrow and we fly out EARLY on Tuesday. I'm not sure if it was the right choice, but it's too late to change now :rotfl2: We are packed, so that doesn't worry me, just seems like it might distract me from my countdown!

It always helps killing the time before leaving. But I like planning everything since I can be quite last-minute on some things. (Chargers, camera and such...) But then again, those are the best days to be at work I guess :)

When I worked full time, I always worked the day before we left.

I wanted to stretch out my vacation days as long as possible so no way was I taking a day off before I needed to.

I usually would come back the Saturday so I would have Sunday to do laundry and get groceries for the next week before I went back to work.

Since I'm a teacher and we normally go during the summer, no, but DH does while I go crazy at home with packing, laundry and kitten drop off.

Usually. We drive, and we leave after school in the afternoon. DH works 24-hour shifts a couple days a week, and he takes care of most of the packing, all of the loading the van, getting snacks for the road, taking dogs to kennel, etc., and picks me up when I get off work so we can leave. The two times we flew, I worked a half day and he picked me up to go to the airport. We had evening flights, but we live 3 hours from airport so left after lunch.

ETA: Oops, I misread the question. I work the day before and the day we leave; we always leave during the week for some reason.

We always work the day before we go. We usually come home last on Sunday and then I always have to go back to work Monday morning - DH usually takes Monday off so we can get things unpacked and rest up.

Always. I have the majority of the packing finished anyway, so why not. However, I get up at 5:30 every morning, and since our flight leaves at 6:00 AM I don't go to bed the night before! I get a few "winks" during the flight then hit the sack after Illuminations. Bushed, yes, but sooo worth it.

I'm absolutely not working the day before I go, and I'm taking a half-day the day before that too! No matter how hard I try, I'm never organized in advance and I need that time to pack, do laundry, run around town grabbing things last-minute etc. I've told myself the May trip will be different, but we're 17 days out and I still haven't even ordered items online that I'm hoping to take with me (new bag and phone charger). It's not looking promising for organization :rotfl2:

I work the day before and pack the night before. The flight leaves at 5:50 am but we've done it so many times that we have the routine down.

Sadly, yes. I try to leave work early on the day before but it rarely works out since I'm usually running around like a loon trying to make sure everything is covered and in shape for while I m away. It works out OK even though we also usually book really early flights - work is a good distraction from last minute trip crazies.

I would rather work the day before and take a day or two after off to recover or have a cushion in case of any travel delays.

I work until 2 hours before we leave. :)
Last two times we drove, I worked all day until 4:30pm, came home, ate dinner, finished last minute packing and loading cooler, etc., and we left around 6:30-7pm to drive overnight straight thru to Disney (from Philly area).
Got all packing and stuff done night before except last minute items.
However, my husband will either work only a half day or be off that day to drop off pets and pack the car, nap, etc., but we both work the day before!

Yes I work the day before- we only live 20min from the airport sp there is no need to stay in a hotel the night before, plus it usually helps pass the time. Although at that time, I'm mostly checked out anyway!

I'm a stay at home mom so the day before I make sure the house and fridge are spotless and everything is packed and ready. My husband always works the day before. We live less than half an hour from the Indianapolis airport though so getting there isn't a problem.

I prefer to work the day before. I would rather have that extra day at home after we get back.

Because I pack so much ahead of time, except for our clothes, I always work the day before we leave. I am OCD and Type A so I usually get as much at work settled before I leave so I actually feel like I can take a vacation. Sad I know, but I will think of work constantly. In order to pull this off, I pack as much as I can ahead of time for our DVC villa and each day before we leave towards the week we leave, I slowly pack my clothes. I should be done with all my packing at least one day before. That way I can go to work the day before we leave and JUST have that to take care of.

Good luck!:cool1:

Hech yeah I work the day before I go. I like to rub it in my co-workers faces that I'm going to WDW, hahaha

Do you work the day before you go? I am working tomorrow and we fly out EARLY on Tuesday. I'm not sure if it was the right choice, but it's too late to change now :rotfl2: We are packed, so that doesn't worry me, just seems like it might distract me from my countdown!

I usually work the day before I leave. We like to return on a morning flight so I have plenty of time to unpack, etc, before going back to work.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes - I work the day before if the day before happens to be a work day. I get everything that I can packed before the work week begins, and I keep a list of what needs to be put in at the last minute. When we went last month, I worked all day, came home and we hit the road at 5:00 p.m. Next month, I will work the day before and the day we leave as well. The day we are leaving happens to be on the day that one of our annual meetings are held, and in the past, we have gotten off after lunch on that day. So, we are hoping to leave around 1:30.

I'm working the day before as well, but taking an extra day off after we get back. Our trip is Weds-Weds, so I have off Weds thru the following Thursday. It will give me a day after to do laundry etc. Plus if DD is in no shape to go back to preschool it will be easy to keep her home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter