• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The day after Christmas for 5 days

sanjacprof

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to plan when we will come next year. This year we were there on Spring Break....crowded on some days, not on others. I kinda want to experience Disney with the Christmas decorations, etc.

How is it the day after Christmas and leaving before new years eve? Crowds?

The week between Christmas and New Years is the most crowded week of the year at WDW. Many days the parks will reach capacity and close. I would never recommend that anyone go at that time, but if you do just research it so you will know what you are getting into.

Which spring break week did you go? Spring breaks are spread out through March and April but the week before and the week after Easter are the most crowded. If you were a few weeks away from Easter you are definitely going to see bigger crowds after Christmas.

The week between Christmas and New years is the BUSIEST week of the year.It doesn't get any busier than this, and the crowds are like a Sea of humanity.It is so crowded that the parks tend to CLOSE for CAPACITY being reached.it can be done , but with a very good plan and alot of patience

We are wdw veterans and have been too many times to count since we bought dvc in 1994 and have gone to wdw xmas week for the past 4 years and will be returning this year 12/27-1/1/10. It is very busy as said, but if you go with the right mindset, it really is wonderful. The parks are open late, lots of MK early mornings, NYE is fun, we just make sure we try to see all the holiday stuff we want and our touring plan is very flexible, just stop and smell the roses(we know we will return next visit if the wait is 90 minutes and no FP available. I think it is not the time for your first visit or if you go with the expectation of seeing everything...

Counting down until 12/27/09
Connears

We went on December 26 thru the 30th. If you make sure to realize that you will not be able to get as much done as may wish, everything will be great. The decorations, music and atmosphere are fantastic. But so are the crowds - and each day after Christmas gets worse. Although I am glad that I went once to see for myself, I'm not sure that I would try it again. With that many people it is difficult to have the holiday spirit. We noticed that at one point in DHS, you couldn't turn onto a side street without excusing yourselves ten times. It was elbow to elbow by noon.

So...would the week BEFORE Christmas be any better? What about weekend/week before Thanksgiving?

So...would the week BEFORE Christmas be any better? What about weekend/week before Thanksgiving?

Disney Crowds start building to Epic proportions from about December 18th till Jan 3rd...Since December 18th this year is a Friday, and many schools are actually starting the holiday break on this day, i am betting Disney will be quite busy.The week before Thanksgiving is moderate sized crowds.If you are looking for lower crowds, you are looking at the week following thanksgiving thru Dec 18th.

Week before xmas is also very busy, but less so than xmas on....it gets busy from xmas on. We have been there including xmas eve and xmas day a couple of years. We never go to a park on xmas day...just way to crazy for even us. don't know about Thanksgiving.
Connears

Been twice during that time, and I would not hesitate to go again during that time frame. Now Christmas week is another story. One of our trips began before the Christmas holiday and then into the week after. We would never, ever, ever, do that again. No amount of Pixie Dust or having the right mind set would ever be enough for us to do that again. So the week before gets my vote.

We went two years ago between x-mas and new years and WOW!!! BIg crowds-- we did rope drop every day. We had very specific plans of how to "hit" the rides and often left mid-day. The parks OFTEN closed because they were at capacity! We are glad we did it but probably will not do it again anytime soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter