The Dasani Returns!!!! September Pre-Trip Adventures! THE NEWS REVEALED!

Oh Heather I cant wait that long :sad2:

And can you enlighten me on what a crawfish boil is :confused3

if I may...

First of all, you have to know what a crawfish is...we also call them "mudbugs" in some areas. Also, Crawdads and Crayfish are other terms. Although I don't PERSONALLY know anyone who says "crayfish"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfish

here's what the delicious little buggers look like when boiled

100_2277.jpg

We boil them in a giant pot outside in water with lots of seasoning, including crab boil, we also add potatoes, corn, garlic, onions, and MANY other things up to the boiler's discretion.

They soak up all that yummy seasoning, and you eat them by ripping off their tails, peeling the shell, and eating the meat inside the tail. The claws also have edible meat in them, and lots of people like to suck the heads to get all that spicy juice out of there.

I promise..it's good. :)

congrats on the expedition:thumbsup2
Its so exciting to get a new car.

Can't wait to see the strawberry festival pictures.

Wow, I didn't know crawfish were so small.
I was picturing something a little bit smaller than a lobster. thanks for the info cherbear.

I loved your pictures from the beach. That place looked really nice. We'll be staying at a friend's house in Destin soon. I think I will also post a mini TR about it. Can you believe...our friends in Destin are throwing a crawfish boil and we're driving there for it, when we can easily get plenty here. :rotfl:

congrats on the Expedition! Enjoy it! (just don't fill up at the Chevron on the corner of Thomas & Morrison :lmao: Highway robbery I tell ya!)

hope you had fun at the parade!

yeah, I'd hope so...he's been knowing the guy for a while. I just wish we could do it now but cabinets are SO SO expensive!

consider yourself lucky. I'm 5' nothin' The biggest thing I've ever driven was a Dodge Durango...I have no idea why Enterprise gave that me that thing but I felt on top of the world

I'm finally caught up here! Let's hope I can keep it that way :rolleyes:

Ready to hear how the parade went....it was a beautiful day yesterday!

Yes it was beautiful yesterday!! I hope you have fun in Destin. I'm sure you will. You're right, cabinets are expensive. You can get real wood custom made, or particle board ones from Lowes that needs fillers. Alot of people want the real ones nowadays.

5'3 and 3/4! Youve got like 3 inches on me. Although I did wear some fabulous pink satin heels last night that made me all of 5'4 and I felt like a giant. It was great.

I want to see strawberry festival pictures!!! I hope you guys had a great time.

Good luck with the crawfish. Since i've never done it, it sounds dangerous to me! :laughing:

We did have fun! Pictures will be up tomorrow. Crawfish dangerous?? :lmao: :lmao:

Glad you had fun at the parade!:goodvibes

Can't wait to see the pics!:banana:

Coming up tomorrow!!! :thumbsup2

enjoying the report

Thanks!! :wave2:

nice new wheels!! :thumbsup2 You'll get used to driving that huge car. I felt out of place when I drove my Explorer but after a while it was just like any other car i've had.

I hope you had fun at the parade. :goodvibes

I've been driving Darren's F-150 for quite some time, so it really doesn't feel big to me. I'm sure I just LOOK little in it! :rotfl2:

Oh Heather I cant wait that long :sad2:

And can you enlighten me on what a crawfish boil is :confused3

I'm sorry. I don't even have them uploaded and I'm so tired. I'm about to go hop in the bath!

Cheri explained what a crawfish boil is :thumbsup2

if I may...

First of all, you have to know what a crawfish is...we also call them "mudbugs" in some areas. Also, Crawdads and Crayfish are other terms. Although I don't PERSONALLY know anyone who says "crayfish"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfish

here's what the delicious little buggers look like when boiled

100_2277.jpg

We boil them in a giant pot outside in water with lots of seasoning, including crab boil, we also add potatoes, corn, garlic, onions, and MANY other things up to the boiler's discretion.

They soak up all that yummy seasoning, and you eat them by ripping off their tails, peeling the shell, and eating the meat inside the tail. The claws also have edible meat in them, and lots of people like to suck the heads to get all that spicy juice out of there.

I promise..it's good. :)

PERFECT description. Couldn't have said it better myself. YUM!!

How many does one eat at a time? That looks like a HUGE amount!

That's probably enough there for about three or four people. I don't eat that many because I get full fast, but people like my brother eat ALOT of them. They're so good you just want more! I took some pictures from our crawfish boil today that I will post tomorrow.

I was picturing something a little bit smaller than a lobster. thanks for the info cherbear.

Thanks! I love getting new vehicles. Some crawfish are pretty big, nowhere near the size of a lobster though. They're the best when they're medium sized, the really big ones don't get enough flavor.

Ahem...mi mi mi mi mi....

"Heather got a new expedition...Heather got a new expedition...Heather got a new expediiiittiioon!!!!

hee hee:laughing:

:rotfl: :rotfl: LOVE it!!!

:scared1: How about I just take your word for that!

Hey, they're really good! It's not as bad as eating octopus or something! :laughing: I admit they do look gross if you don't know any better, but they just look yummy to me! :rotfl2:

How many does one eat at a time? That looks like a HUGE amount!

it looks like a lot but you only eat the tails

you're quite welcome!

:scared1: How about I just take your word for that!

LOL you will never know til you try! ;)

Yes it was beautiful yesterday!! I hope you have fun in Destin. I'm sure you will. You're right, cabinets are expensive. You can get real wood custom made, or particle board ones from Lowes that needs fillers. Alot of people want the real ones nowadays.

Cheri explained what a crawfish boil is :thumbsup2

PERFECT description. Couldn't have said it better myself. YUM!!

That's probably enough there for about three or four people. I don't eat that many because I get full fast, but people like my brother eat ALOT of them. They're so good you just want more! I took some pictures from our crawfish boil today that I will post tomorrow.

Thanks! I love getting new vehicles. Some crawfish are pretty big, nowhere near the size of a lobster though. They're the best when they're medium sized, the really big ones don't get enough flavor.

Hey, they're really good! It's not as bad as eating octopus or something! :laughing: I admit they do look gross if you don't know any better, but they just look yummy to me! :rotfl2:

I would definitely get real wood cabinets, hands down. And granite countertops to go with 'em. We already agreed on a type/color. :)

gosh, it was hot today...and now it's cold out!

thanks...glad I could help! :goodvibes

yeah, I think those were gone pretty quick...LOL That's an old picture...at my husband's old apartment. One of his roommates was from Michigan and it was his very first time trying crawfish. (he loved 'em by the way)

I agree on the medium sized ones! :thumbsup2

Octopus! :lmao:

I would definitely get real wood cabinets, hands down. And granite countertops to go with 'em. We already agreed on a type/color. :)

gosh, it was hot today...and now it's cold out!

thanks...glad I could help! :goodvibes

yeah, I think those were gone pretty quick...LOL That's an old picture...at my husband's old apartment. One of his roommates was from Michigan and it was his very first time trying crawfish. (he loved 'em by the way)

I agree on the medium sized ones! :thumbsup2

Octopus! :lmao:

We have granite and I LOVE it. So easy to clean. Yeah, this weather is just wonderful isn't it? :rolleyes:

As I promised, here are the parade pictures!

Darren's dad came to pick us up Saturday morning because we didn't want to drive. The parking is absolutely insane around there, trust me. So he dropped us off and we found our float and hopped on. Then we took some pictures, of course!

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

The parade finally started and we were throwing stuff left and right. I tried not to hit anyone, because I got a HUGE black eye at Mardi Gras once and it's painful. But, it's almost impossible not to hit anyone! I tried my best though.

We ran out of stuff at the very end, so I just started waving to people lol. They were yelling for stuff, so I held up the bag we had our beads in and said, "I have this bag, you want it?" and the lady was like, "YES!!!" So I threw it to her lol. People will take anything, I tell ya.

Here's some of the crowd. This is actually a calm part. At one time, the crowd was about triple this size!

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

It's fun seeing somebody you know, you just bombard them with everything you've got. That's probably why we ran out of stuff before it was over..LOL

After it was over we were ready to leave. We were going to look around the festival some, but we were tired. We bought a flat of strawberries, then we found Darren's parents so we could leave.

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

I think someone had these strawberries on steroids!!

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

We got home and walked to my mom's house to see my nephew for awhile.

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

Then my sister fed her turtle a strawberry. His name is Squirt, I named him lol.

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Continued...

Then Logan wanted to go swimming

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

And he's down for the count

IMG_4733.jpg

Crawfish boil yesterday:

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

He's huge!

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

looks like the parade was a lot of fun. Your nephew is so cute. It looks pretty warm down there what is the average temperature for this time of year down there?

Such a fun few days!! Your newphew is adorable! Oh, and that crawfish boil looks to die for! We don't have those good things up North. I am looking at you in your short sleeves and getting jealous!

The parade looked like so much fun! How was the weather? It looks gorgeous out. Your nephew's ADORABLE! His hair's so cute :lmao: And your mom's yard looks really pretty. I'm used to the city where our yards are practically 4x4's so I'm always fascinated by grass and trees :rotfl2: Are crawfish like big shrimp?

I loved your pictures of the parade. I wish I could have gone. And YES, that parking is absolutely MADDD! Once I almost got ran over because I was standing in a spot so that DH could move the car from an "illegal" spot that we found before we found the other spot. He was coming down the street, but then this other car literally started pulling right up to me and almost hit me before I jumped out of the way. I was $%^#@! at them like a sailor!

My DH told me I should have stood by ground but I don't think he realized these people meant business.

That crawfish looks SO good. I love how everyone takes pictures of the biggest one they can find. (we do that too) Here I am eating my little Uncrustables and I'm SALIVATING over that crawfish. My next boil is in 2 weeks and I can't wait! I think I'll starve myself to make sure I'm good and hungry for it :rotfl:

Your nephew is too cute! I love the picture of him on Darren's head. It looks like he is grinning ear to ear!

I loved the pics of the Strawberry Festival!! Some of those berries were HUGE!!! Crazy steriod berries lol.

Your nephew is so adorable!! I just love babies.. You guys look like naturals too!

Thanks for sharing those pics!!

looked like alot of fun.

great pics.

those strawberries looked really good.

Great pictures, looks like fun. I love the one of your nephew on Darren's shoulder's, such a cute smile.:goodvibes

Your nephew is too cute! I love the picture of him on Darren's head. It looks like he is grinning ear to ear!
Me too! I was thinking that you should frame the one of Darren and Logan's feet...make it B&W, it'd be cool!:thumbsup2

Those strawberry shots are amazing!Those sterroid berries are insane! I can't wait for our season!

great pictures from the festival. Looks like y'all had fun! :thumbsup2 And I must say your nephew is absolutely adorable!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter