The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip:Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

What I'm about to post could be potentially embarrassing. It's a couple of little things I've picked up. I could tell you they belong to my daughter, but who would I be kidding. Anyway, I hope all you readers don't think any less of me

He is really cute isn't he! How could you not like looking at that face!:thumbsup2

I think you and Wendy waited in line to see the faires.
One vote for staying in line:goodvibes

I think you stayed in line because there weren't many people in front of you :)
2 votes for staying in line:goodvibes

Glad the kids liked BTMRR. We missed that one and I think Hannah would have loved it. She is quite the roller coaster dare devil!

Can't wait to see if you met the fairies! :tink:
I'm counting you as a vote for staying in line. That makes 3 votes.
BTMRR is a great roller coaster for kids. It has a little thrill, but doesn't take their breath away. Sorry Hannah didn't get to try it, but as you know plans change with a 4 year old;)

If I had been in line with my 2 girls, I would have told them to "suck it up you can get a drink when we are done. Mommy wants to see the fairies!" :rotfl2: Actually I probably would have phoned my husband and told him to bring the water bottles over to me.
I read your reply to Wendy and she told me I'm a nice mom:laughing: So thanks for that:goodvibes I never thought of calling DH. Anyway, you are 4 votes for staying in line:goodvibes

Cute hair tie! I bet you get to meet those fairies.:goodvibes

Amelia came off a couple of rides like your kids, yes I liked it, no, I don't want to ride again!:rotfl:
The hair tie is cute, but I think she's since lost it:rolleyes:
5 votes for staying in line:goodvibes

Awww...I really enjoy MK rope drop too!!!! It's just a great way to start your day!!

So glad your entire family enjoyed BTMRR...that's a great ride!!!

I really hope Wendy decided to wait it out and get to those fairies...that wait can be a killer if you aren't one of the first ones there!!!
MK rope drop is one of my favorite times. That and right before the park closes:cloud9: You're 6 votes for staying in line:goodvibes

We love being at MK for rope drop!! We were very sad that we missed the opening show this year because we loved it so much last year!! I agree--it definitely is the perfect way to start the day!!!:cloud9:

YAY!:yay: I'm glad everyone enjoyed BTMR!! It's such a fun ride!! We managed to ride it 4x in April. I'm sure if it was up to the boys, we would have rode it more but we had to set some sort of limit, if we wanted to see anything else.:rotfl:

Love the hair tie--so cute!!!:cutie: Hmm.... I'm guessing that you stayed in line for the fairies.;)
4 x's on BTMRR. That is awesome:cool1: You are the 7th vote for staying in line:goodvibes

Doesn't anyone think I let my poor dehydrated daughter get a drink?;)
You're going to have to wait for the outcomepopcorn::

I so want to stay at the Beach Club on our next trip-I've always thought that Stormalong Bay pool was just awesome-(and then I get out of the mandatory water park trip-because it's kind of like you have your own mini-waterpark right there...:rolleyes1)

I'm glad you had a good dinner in "Borocco"- we're going to try Tangerine Cafe on our Epcot day for lunch and Chefs for dinner...(I love the Morocco pavilion-gorgeous detailing-in fact that stretch that includes France, Morocco and Japan is probably my favorite part of World Showcase...)

Unfortunately the people on the bus were just rude and oblivious to the needs of anyone besides themselves-that kind of thing drives me bonkers and when you encounter it at DWD is just feels extra out of place...:mad:

That beginning show they do at rope drop always gives me butterflies-its so much fun...BTTMR-is one of my families favorites too...but they all do like Splash Mountain-and I ride it once to be a good sport but I truly think it has a multiple personality disorder-all sweet at the beginning and THEN_KABOOM-I always think I'm going to come flying out...:confused3 but the rest of them LOVE it...:confused3

We are supposed to be going to Paris next year for Spring Break-for a week...with the kids...-we're going to rent an appartment-I was planning on just doing a Day trip to Disney Paris...(unless you can give me a reason for doing an overnight...:rolleyes1-DH is pretty adamant about just a daytrip but if I have some good logic...:rolleyes1)

Very curious about Pixie Hollow...:)

Boy, I had a lot of catch up reading to do on your TR. We tried out Teppan Edo for the first time, and we all loved it. Glad to hear that you ended up going there to eat. I CANNOT believe that both your boys got picked for Jedi Academy - that was a lot of pixie dust your way that morning. Great pictures of them fighting Darth Vader. And I love their SW shorts! Sounds like each day was a wonderful adventure!!

I so want to stay at the Beach Club on our next trip-I've always thought that Stormalong Bay pool was just awesome-(and then I get out of the mandatory water park trip-because it's kind of like you have your own mini-waterpark right there...:rolleyes1)

We are supposed to be going to Paris next year for Spring Break-for a week...with the kids...-we're going to rent an appartment-I was planning on just doing a Day trip to Disney Paris...(unless you can give me a reason for doing an overnight...:rolleyes1-DH is pretty adamant about just a daytrip but if I have some good logic...:rolleyes1)

Very curious about Pixie Hollow...:)
Obviously I highly recommend the Beach Club, but I'd guess AKL is awesome too. We were going to get waterpark tickets this trip, but realized Stormalong Bay would suffice. And it definitely did:goodvibes
Disneyland Paris is a lovely park, but I'm probably with your DH that a daytrip would suffice. Sorry:rolleyes1 Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park. A lot like Disneyland CA, but kind of souped up. Fantasyland is gorgeous, IASW exterior is lovely, and POC exterior is just awesome. The other park there (I think it's called the Studios) did not impress me at all. It was only $10 to add the hopper and frankly I'm not sure it was even worth that. Granted I didn't go on their big thrill ride (something about Crush), but the park was tiny and didn't have much to it IMHO. It is by far the most disappointing park I've been to. It makes Disney's CA Adventure seem absolutely fabulous. (Not that CA Adventure is that bad, but if you've been there you probably know what I'm talking about.) Anyway, there is so much to see in Paris and its environs that one day at Disney is probably enough IMHO. Though it's definitely worth a day trip for us Disneyphiles:goodvibes

Boy, I had a lot of catch up reading to do on your TR. We tried out Teppan Edo for the first time, and we all loved it. Glad to hear that you ended up going there to eat. I CANNOT believe that both your boys got picked for Jedi Academy - that was a lot of pixie dust your way that morning. Great pictures of them fighting Darth Vader. And I love their SW shorts! Sounds like each day was a wonderful adventure!!
Teppan Edo was great. Good food and good entertainment value. Can't ask for anything more:goodvibes I was really happy both boys got picked. I dressed them alike hoping for that result. Whichever didn't get picked would have been so disappointed. Those SW shorts are actually swim trunks I got at Target. They wore them often (as you can tell from the pictures.):goodvibes

Just a note to everyone. I may not update as frequently as I have been for the next week or so. Life may get in the way, but I'll still try to stop in and update when I get the chance:goodvibes

I just realized I didn't respond to the latest installment. Not sure how I managed to forget because I know I definitely read it. :confused3

Very cool that you managed three rope drops in one day in one park! :thumbsup2

I'm thinking you definitely went for the fairies. She has a little time before dehydration sets in. ;)

Love the hair tie. Might have to look for that one for myself. :)

Oh, and I like the necklace and cup too. I wish I had a daughter to explain away any Troy stuff I wanted to get. Of course I do use my sons for explaination when I say, buy the new Jonas Brothers CD (not so much a crush there, I just like the music). Thankfully DS7 is a big fan too. Honey, look what I got you (and you can have it right after I upload it to my iTunes)! :rolleyes1

We totally understand life. Gets in the way over here all the time. I'll be waiting when you're ready. :goodvibes

First off, love the mugs and the pens!! Too cute!! Wendy did good, findingthe mugs and getting the pens!

Way cool for a good time swimming and playing! That will probably constitute a lot of their fondest memories of your trip!:thumbsup2

Yummm, Boroco is the bomb! Good choice!:goodvibes

What is it with dining reservations? Yes, I'm going during free dining, but staying DVC. I called at 90+10 and got CRT, Le Cellier, Sci Fi and others but no matter when I tried I couldn't get O'hanas before 8:45, which is too late for the boys. I can't believe I could get Le Cellier and not O'hanas?!

Love the hair tie and my vote is that Wendy decides to be parched in favor of the fairies!!

I love that Wendy bought you guys matching pens! How sweet!

Wendy's hair tie is too cute and perfect to have purchased at Tinkerbell's shop ;)

I'll just bet she waits for a drink!

Jenny and Troy, up in a tree. :rolleyes1 ;)

The opening show at MK is the best, isn't it? :goodvibes

Love Wendy's hair tie - so cute!

I just realized I didn't respond to the latest installment. Not sure how I managed to forget because I know I definitely read it. :confused3

Very cool that you managed three rope drops in one day in one park! :thumbsup2

I'm thinking you definitely went for the fairies. She has a little time before dehydration sets in. ;)

Love the hair tie. Might have to look for that one for myself. :)

Oh, and I like the necklace and cup too. I wish I had a daughter to explain away any Troy stuff I wanted to get. Of course I do use my sons for explaination when I say, buy the new Jonas Brothers CD (not so much a crush there, I just like the music). Thankfully DS7 is a big fan too. Honey, look what I got you (and you can have it right after I upload it to my iTunes)! :rolleyes1

We totally understand life. Gets in the way over here all the time. I'll be waiting when you're ready. :goodvibes
You're the 8th vote for letting my daughter dehydrate;) On the Troy crush thing, Wendy wanted everyone to know those are definitely not her things. She is not that into Zac Effron (I think that might be because of my crush):laughing:

First off, love the mugs and the pens!! Too cute!! Wendy did good, findingthe mugs and getting the pens!

Way cool for a good time swimming and playing! That will probably constitute a lot of their fondest memories of your trip!:thumbsup2

Yummm, Boroco is the bomb! Good choice!:goodvibes

What is it with dining reservations? Yes, I'm going during free dining, but staying DVC. I called at 90+10 and got CRT, Le Cellier, Sci Fi and others but no matter when I tried I couldn't get O'hanas before 8:45, which is too late for the boys. I can't believe I could get Le Cellier and not O'hanas?!

Love the hair tie and my vote is that Wendy decides to be parched in favor of the fairies!!
When you have Stormalong Bay calling your name, you gotta swim:goodvibes ADRs can be just crazy. Le Cellier, but not Ohanas:confused3 I can't figure it out. And you are vote #9 for Wendy choosing the faires over the drink.

I love that Wendy bought you guys matching pens! How sweet!

Wendy's hair tie is too cute and perfect to have purchased at Tinkerbell's shop ;)

I'll just bet she waits for a drink!
Vote #10 for the fairies! The hair tie is so cute. Unfortunately we're not sure where it is at the moment:rolleyes:

Jenny and Troy, up in a tree. :rolleyes1 ;)

The opening show at MK is the best, isn't it? :goodvibes

Love Wendy's hair tie - so cute!

I love me some Troy:love:;)

The CMs finally dropped the Toontown rope and told us to stay behind them. I told Wendy to veer off, get a drink and then run to catch up with me. She did just that.:thumbsup2 She caught up with me right before we entered the tent and we were about 10th in the Faires line. :woohoo: So she got her drink and we stayed in the front of the line.:yay: Our wait was only about 10 minutes (which is nothing for the Fairy line) and then we were ushered into Pixie Hollow. First up was Iridessa:
Image512.jpg

Image514.jpg

Image518.jpg

They had a nice conversation in which Iridessa revealed her favorite princess. Guess who and why? Wendy didn’t know, but I guessed right because of the color of the Princess’ dress.:goodvibes

Next up:
Image520.jpg

Tinkerbell loved Wendy’s shirt and was so happy to see she was Wendy’s favorite fairy.
Image524.jpg

Image526.jpg

Image530.jpg

Image534.jpg

Image538.jpg

Tink was so cute and had just the right amount of spunk.:goodvibes

Next was Rosetta:
Image542.jpg

Image544.jpg

Image545.jpg

Rosetta was thoroughly confused by Wendy’s name. You see we are from Maryland, and she couldn’t figure out why Wendy wasn’t named Mary. She said, “I thought everyone in Maryland was named Mary.” Silly fairy!:rotfl:

The fairies were really cute and fun. I’m glad we got to meet them, but would I wait over an hour to do so. I don’t think so:rolleyes1. We exited the fairies about 10:05 and the line was already 90 minutes!!:scared1: I feel bad for those that believe the published opening time of 10:00 and show up thinking they will be at the front of the line. Once again, thank you DIS.:thumbsup2

As we left the fairies DH called and the boys were having the time of their life on Goofy’s Barnstormer. They really wanted Wendy to ride, but she wanted to shop. So I told them to go again and Wendy and I would look around County Bounty. Lots of cute fairy picture frames in that store.
After the boys finished riding Goofy’s Barnstormer for the fifth time they headed for Donald’s Boat. Specifically the wet part of Donald’s boat.
DSC00786.jpg

I checked out the line for Mickey (again) and it was out the door (again.) I guess we weren’t going to see Mickey in the judges tent this trip:sad2:. Oh well, we saw him plenty of other times.
I let them play for a few minutes, but I didn’t want them to get soaked so we left and headed back to Fantasyland where we rode one of Michael’s favorites.
DSC00787.jpg

Wendy didn’t like it any better this time.:rolleyes1 Once again we had big plans for lunch. Where were we meeting the Disney Family?

Cute, cute pictures with the fairies! Although the last one, I think, is Rosetta.;) We saw Fawn and she wears an orange and brown pants outfit. I love the picture of Tink standing behind Wendy.:lovestruc

I'm guessing Pecos Bills for lunch with the Disneys.

The pictures of the fairies are too cute-especially that Wendy/Tink photo...:thumbsup2

Wow that wait for the other characters was something...:confused3-it sounds like your decision to do a lot of character photos at the Epcot spot was a really good one-(a lot of people don't think of Epcot as having a lot of characters...good to know...:goodvibes

Sounds like the boys really enjoy Barnstormer-I think it is a fun little coaster-much "perkier" than you would think at first glance...:woohoo:

I empathize with Wendy on IASW-one time-I'm good-after that the appeal goes down on each subsequent ride...:rolleyes:

You tricked us! I wonder why nobody realized she could get a drink AND see the fairies. :confused3 I'm glad you got to see them. It sounds like you had a good time. My boys don't even know there ARE fairies (as far as I know) so that won't be a line we attempt any time soon. I've never even seen the princesses (but then, I'm not much of a girly girl, and that doesn't really bother me).

I think the Barnstormer is fun. It just needs to be a little longer.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right, but I don't remember the Fab 5 at the Character Connection thing last time I was at EPCOT. Though I'm probably just not remembering it right. We're not standing in any hour long lines to see Mickey either. We'll find him somewhere else.

How can your daughter not like Zac Efron? :confused3

Can't wait to see where you and the Disneys ate (btw, your explanation about going back and ADDING the Lost Boys thing helped. When I got to that post I couldn't figure out why they were called the Disneys but had 4 Lost Boys. Now I understand that the Lost Boy thing was added later. :thumbsup2)!

Totally enjoying reading this thread! Wendy is super cute and you are a fantastic planner!

Awww the Pixies are cute, great pics :) Shame Silvermist wasn't there, I liked her in the movie.

Great update :)

Is Pixie Hollow a permanent fixture now? Do you think they will still be there next year?

Very cute pictures of the fairies!!!:cutie: I love the ones with Tinkerbell and Wendy--so sweet!!:goodvibes That's too funny about Fawn thinking that everyone from Maryland should be named Mary...:rotfl:

Barnstormer is such a fun ride, but sooo short!! The boys love it!! We always try to get there when Toontown opens so they can ride it multiple times. BTW, Thanks again for the info about Toontown opening earlier than it's published. :thumbsup2 If I hadn't read your TR, I may have never known and then we would have been one of those poor people waiting in line for an hour to see the characters next trip.:sad2:

Hmmm...I wonder where you are meeting for lunch? popcorn::

I enjoyed your latest updates. I was glad to hear that your boys were chosen for Jedi Training. My son would like that but he wouldn't handle it very well if he were not chosen.

I am happy to hear that you made it to the front of the Fairy line. Good thinking with the detour for water. I was hoping you would work something out.

Cute, cute pictures with the fairies! Although the last one, I think, is Rosetta. We saw Fawn and she wears an orange and brown pants outfit. I love the picture of Tink standing behind Wendy.:lovestruc

I'm guessing Pecos Bills for lunch with the Disneys.
Thanks for the Rosetta info! I just changed it. Pecos Bill is a good guess, but no.

The pictures of the fairies are too cute-especially that Wendy/Tink photo...

Wow that wait for the other characters was something...:confused3-it sounds like your decision to do a lot of character photos at the Epcot spot was a really good one-(a lot of people don't think of Epcot as having a lot of characters...good to know...:goodvibes

Sounds like the boys really enjoy Barnstormer-I think it is a fun little coaster-much "perkier" than you would think at first glance...:woohoo:

I empathize with Wendy on IASW-one time-I'm good-after that the appeal goes down on each subsequent ride...:rolleyes:
The Wendy/Tink photo is my favorite of Wendy this trip! Yea Epcot is the place to meet the Fab 5. There are sometimes pretty long lines, but you get to see all 5 at once so it seems worth it:cool1:

You tricked us! I wonder why nobody realized she could get a drink AND see the fairies. :confused3 I'm glad you got to see them. It sounds like you had a good time. My boys don't even know there ARE fairies (as far as I know) so that won't be a line we attempt any time soon. I've never even seen the princesses (but then, I'm not much of a girly girl, and that doesn't really bother me).

I think the Barnstormer is fun. It just needs to be a little longer.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right, but I don't remember the Fab 5 at the Character Connection thing last time I was at EPCOT. Though I'm probably just not remembering it right. We're not standing in any hour long lines to see Mickey either. We'll find him somewhere else.

How can your daughter not like Zac Efron? :confused3

Can't wait to see where you and the Disneys ate (btw, your explanation about going back and ADDING the Lost Boys thing helped. When I got to that post I couldn't figure out why they were called the Disneys but had 4 Lost Boys. Now I understand that the Lost Boy thing was added later. :thumbsup2)!
Sorry didn't mean to trick you;) There is no way I could get my boys to go see the fairies. They are in the same category as princesses and they refuse to talk to even get near them. I try to explain they should be gentlemen, but they don't go for it.:headache: The Character Connection thing is in one of the Innoventions buildings. They've had the Fab 5 there everytime we've been there (1st time we went was November 2006. Though it has changed. Now they have an area set up with tv's showing cartoons for your wait.:thumbsup2

Totally enjoying reading this thread! Wendy is super cute and you are a fantastic planner!
Thanks and :welcome: I think planning is almost as fun as the trip itself:goodvibes

Awww the Pixies are cute, great pics :) Shame Silvermist wasn't there, I liked her in the movie.

Great update :)

Is Pixie Hollow a permanent fixture now? Do you think they will still be there next year?
I have to confess I've never seen the movie.:rolleyes1 I'd say Pixie Hollow is a permanent fixture you can count on next year. They've taken out the classic fab 5 characters and now you can only see the fairies and the princesses there. And the lines are always long!!!!

Very cute pictures of the fairies!!!:cutie: I love the ones with Tinkerbell and Wendy--so sweet!!:goodvibes That's too funny about Fawn thinking that everyone from Maryland should be named Mary...:rotfl:

Barnstormer is such a fun ride, but sooo short!! The boys love it!! We always try to get there when Toontown opens so they can ride it multiple times. BTW, Thanks again for the info about Toontown opening earlier than it's published. :thumbsup2 If I hadn't read your TR, I may have never known and then we would have been one of those poor people waiting in line for an hour to see the characters next trip.:sad2:

Hmmm...I wonder where you are meeting for lunch? popcorn::
The Tink & Wendy pictures are adorable:goodvibes The Barnstormer is such a short ride, but the boys just love it. And I'm glad to pass along little tips like Toontown's true opening time. We DISers should stick together:goodvibes

I enjoyed your latest updates. I was glad to hear that your boys were chosen for Jedi Training. My son would like that but he wouldn't handle it very well if he were not chosen.

I am happy to hear that you made it to the front of the Fairy line. Good thinking with the detour for water. I was hoping you would work something out.

I'm very glad we didn't have to deal with the disappointment of the boys not getting picked for Jedi Training. I tried to prepare them, but they still would have been quite upset. And then we would have had to stick around for another show. And it did work out great with Wendy making the mad dash for water. One of the advantages to having a 9 year old over a 3 year old.

Thats cool that it is a permanent fixture. Will defo have to check them out next year. Last year the lines were just so huge, will have to take a tip from you and go really early :thumbsup2

Thats cool that it is a permanent fixture. Will defo have to check them out next year. Last year the lines were just so huge, will have to take a tip from you and go really early :thumbsup2

You can count on the lines being huge for the fairies, but one advantage to the popularity of the fairies is that the princess line isn't bad these days at all. I think it rarely gets longer than 20 minutes or so.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter